Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Music

6 years ago

What gets you into the writing zone? I personally have a whole bunch of random crap on my playlist that works for me. Such as these. 
Super dark allstar piano thing
Lovefool
Super Duper Gay 
Badass way of saying 'I'm sorry'

Music

6 years ago
I don't like anything distracting. For writing I pretty much always go with chill instrumental things. Nier: Automata and Starbound and other soundtracks get a lot of play, and a few Homestuck pieces in addition to classical stuff.

Music

6 years ago

depending on what i'm writing, i'll listen to music according to the overall tone or mood of the piece. if it's calm and still, classical. if it's getting exciting, pop music, et cetera. it helps a lot to keep myself on track! :)

Music

6 years ago

Piano covers/Classical music. If i listen to anything with words I tend to write down what I'm hearing. Same thing happens When I'm talking while writing. I'll end up writing what I'm saying instead of what I'm meaning to write.

Music

6 years ago

Oh boy I have just the channel for you.

Music

6 years ago

Only genre I listen to is rap, any artist, any year, any type. People say it's distracting because of the vocals, and that's true, but I don't think I'll start caring anytime soon.

I've been writing to 21 Savage's recent album, "Issa Album" in particular these days. Shit goes hard, but it has some good reminiscing songs like "Numb" and "Thug Life", makes you hype and cry at the same time lmao.

Music

6 years ago

I listen to a variety of things, most of which fall into pop, Christian rap, rock, or alternative. I'll just link you my ever growing YouTube music playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSbOA2mG2LM0SxxJPtzLm9znRz9kFiU6H

Music

6 years ago

Holy crap, that's a lot of music. 433 things. 
And here I thought my playlist was long, with it's 62 songs. 
I recognize some of the names. Lecrae, Pogo, Bastille, Mathew West, Capital Kings, Danny Gokey, Superchick, to name a few. You have a lot of cool stuff on there. 

Music

6 years ago

You flatter me. :)

Good to see we like similar things.

Music

6 years ago
I can't write with music on, although some minimalistic tracks work for me on some of my stories.

Music

6 years ago
Usually I listen something from mynoise.net, my favorite being the Duduk Song.

Music

6 years ago
Usually just complete silence broken only by my mad, fevered rambling, but sometimes go for a bit of MrSuicide Sheep (can be a bit hit and miss; not usually the sort of thing I like) or classical music.

Music

6 years ago

^ my playlist size(and that's the *trimmed* version) spanning from musicals (mainly from Hamilton >.> cause those songs are *good*, especially "Satisfied" and "Congratulations"...I think I like those songs best because Angelica is my favorite character...), someeee nightcore, rap, metal, rock, some IA songs and MAYU songs tossed in there, songs from games (To The Moon ftw), remixes, just pure instrumental songs, covers, those songs I remember from like...i don't even know how long ago - just sorta picked it up, weird misc. songs etc...

Basically anything good...except country. I haven't found a country song I like so far...anyone want to take up that challenge?

Music

6 years ago

Here, try these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZLpPO2gM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKvIpdAlTLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKObJ-zHKLc

If you don’t like these then Country music just isn’t for you.

Music

6 years ago

Guess country aint for me :(

Music

6 years ago

Lol.

I admit, I may not be the best expert on the genre, maybe someone else can help.

Music

6 years ago

Well, since I seem to pick up random songs from all sorts of different genres and artists, I thought maybe I had one somewhere. Turns out none of them are even remotely country. I got just about everything but country on there. XD

Music

6 years ago
Definitely Johnny Cash.

Music

6 years ago

Johnny Cash is the sort of Paragon people usually point to, and there is a point to that, he is pretty good in that he invented the basic rhythm and system for rock as we know it. If he or some band with a similar sound hadn't stepped in at some point, rock and roll would simply have been increasingly electric and metalized jazz, Classical, and blues. Now, I love me some Bluesy AC/DC and classical Prog rock as much as the next guy, but it's nice to have that third little influence that Johnny brought to the table. My personal favorite of his is his cover of "Ghost Riders in the Sky" but honestly you've probably been pointed his way at some point or another already, assuming this isn't the first time you said you don't like country music, so I'll spare you the arguments in this post and move on to other artists.

Jerry Reed is a little bit corny but charming for it, being a 70s man and all. If you're a Funk Enthusiast like myself, his guitar is almost Hendrix-like and just entrancing to listen to. The reason people associate that stock wavy electric guitar lick with something like a Louisiana swamp is because of this man right here. Here's him doing an old blues/folk song to break you into the genre slowly.

There are plenty of songs in the old cowboy genre of music that don't sound like the typical shit you'you're probably thinking of when you say you don't like country music. In fact, stuff like "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" sounds a lot more like relaxing Hawaiian music than country music until you hear the lyrics. I'm too lazy to link all of these on my phone, but everything from "Back in the Saddle again" to "Big Iron" to "Jingle Jangle Jingle"* is more like a catchy little 50s ballad than a Beer Truck Anthem. (*Maybe take the jazzy covers of Jingle Jangle Jingle over the Gene Autry version.)

If you're a bit of a metalhead, try Clutch's distinctive southern flavor of psychedelic madness.

And last but certainly not least, while it's fucking impossible to confine someone like Tom Waits to a Genre, some of his stuff does have a very country/folksy influence if you go looking for it. Notable example being "Gun Street Girl".

So there you go, some Country stuff that isn’t bad, and songs bery much beyond the veneer of hypercommercialized garbage that stadium/country-pop has become. Although if you don't like Clutch, Jerry Reed, or Tom Waits, I'm afraid you're simply beyond all help.

Music

6 years ago

I like to listen to adventurous JRPG jams, 'cos they form so many beautiful worlds with their sound! I just picked up the Grandia soundtrack and it is nothing less than incredible.

Also this is really fun to zone out to.

This is a special song to be played on repeat/

(Also ALSO! Home by boy with a red cap is one of my favorite retro jams)

Music

6 years ago

When Im either working on my anime romance story on here or my FNAF Crossover with MLP with a dash of Gravity Falls I try to listen to some fast shit.

But really no I recommend everyone here to check out a fairly new song.

Felly - Hotel Room    It's actually really good and I'm not even a fan of the genre. 

Music

6 years ago

When ever write hip hop usually work for me.

Try out these songs if yoou agree:>

* KYLE-I Spy

* Lil Yatchy - Marmalade

* DJ Khaled- I'm the one

* Benjiah- Never Quit