Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

And I Have A New Story Again

6 years ago

The reason I'm not hosting the writing threads anymore is due to me furiously writing a new storygame thingamabob.

Opinions on the first page?

Lets start at the beginning. You were born before Time, before even Life existed - in a dark, empty abyss filled with a lack of anything else besides yourself. Born was perhaps the wrong word, given how you had no mother and no father..no entity had created you. A God's memories were perfect, every memory seared into your mind with no way to forget it...but despite that, the very, very beginning of your existence was still hazy to you. One day, you just...existed. 

The first thing you wished for was more like you. You willed it, it happened, and you gained brothers and sisters.

They were happy at first, but after awhile they started arguing; with each other, with you. They were a miserable bunch, crying and wailing about how empty they were inside and out, wailing for more.

So you willed the galaxy into being and it shaped itself according to yours and their wishes, and strange creatures filled the earth. 

It was strange...their images came from visions of the future, yet the vision you saw shouldn't have happened as you didn't know what they'd look like beforehand.

After their creation, everything was peaceful again. There was so much to explore and the gods scattered across the galaxy. There was only one problem - at this time, Death had not existed and the world lived in perfect peace and harmony. The creatures were growing and growing, and filling up the galaxy. 'Something has to change', you thought as you looked at the endless sea of creatures. 'Or there will be no space for any of us.'

You consulted the others, but no one knew what to do. Except your sister, Life. She offered a simple solution. 'How about a lack of life?'

We bickered over this idea for many a day, we had no Time then so you are unsure how long it was exactly.

You argued that taking the life from these creatures would still leave their body, and Earth mentioned that perhaps he could take them into him. 

You and the others argued some more, until an agreement had been met; and Life was given two roles - to give life and take it. Hunger, thirst and other basic necessities also became a thing then.

The creatures at the moment were too brainless to really grief over their fallen, and their hunger caused them to eat even their children. All the worlds at this moment were comparable to an ant farm to us. 

Life became bored, and begged your to create more Gods, for all the ones now, she knew.

Instead of creating gods, you sneezed during their creation and didn't finish them. Instead, you created curious little things now known as humans.

And that was the beginning of the end.

Years passed, humans evolved and grew stronger. Smarter. Time was created out of human belief, and temples were made for the gods.

Current Progress:

37/??? pages completed
2/??? endings completed

Features:

Absolutely no scripting and almost 14k words already.

6 years ago

So far this seems good. 

6 years ago

Thank you ^-^

*when you notice the grammatical errors in your story and cringe slightly*

*and then you realize this should be in writing workshop...*

6 years ago

Darn. So far it sounds amazing, good luck on writing it! 

6 years ago

Thank you :D

6 years ago
So is the goal going to be keeping the humans under control, or will there be some conflict with the other gods?

Seems like you're making good progress on it anyway, good luck!

6 years ago

POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Please do not highlight the below if you don't want to know the plot so you can get surprised :) Thanks.

The central idea is that you had a prophesy that you would be the one who would destroy all that existed. Kind of a bad thing, so you have to find a way to not destroy the world. Besides killing yourself, as destroying the creator of everything would kind of implode the entire galaxy. Or wipe the world and restart everything back to the beginning.

^ But to answer your question without spoilers, see only the above

v is the explanation for the rest with lots of spoilers

Anyways, about the world in the game, at some point, humans stopped believing in some of the gods and inventing new ones, giving some gods incredible power and others were reduced to "shades". Humans are sort of important, and if they don't believe in your, you fade and barely exist. And if they believe in you, you grow stronger the more people you have.

Also, if enough humans believe in a god (for example, this is how Zeus started to exist in the story), they will start to exist, their histories at the time of birth the same as what humans believe. Causing a lottttttttttt of contradicting memories and infighting among the gods due to all of them claiming their memories were the correct ones. The original gods are rather weak, since new gods came and claimed their roles.

The human's beliefs also caused the Goddess of Life's split personality disorder >.> She might be slightly insane at this point but she is the strongest god out there at this point, since she is both death and life.

If any god is ever completely forgotten, they will cease to exist. If any god has no worshippers, however, the god just turn into shades.

A lot of Gods have been fighting and going to earth as humans to wreck havoc and guarantee they'll never be forgotten, as none of them truly want to die. They are *not* allowed to use powers to force humans to believe in or worship them, however. But they can send their worshippers dreams and the such. No god is allowed to interfere in the free will of a human either.

Shades are memories, basically. Depending on their condition, they can be translucent and ghost-like. They are usually very weak, or have no power besides "immortality". Gods can kill each other but that's the only thing besides lack of belief that can kill them. They cannot be killed by old age, diseases, etc. The worst disease they can gain is a sort of cold, which is more annoying than life-threatening.

Also, have I mentioned Life has gone a little crazy? That can happen as well, but most gods can be put down.

Life cannot be.

6 years ago
This sounds great, but also like it could get really complex. Having fun writing it is the best thing for inspiration on a big project though the amount of thought you've put into the background is a good sign.

Funnily enough I was going through my notes a couple of weeks ago and considering pulling some old ideas I had about a pantheon of infighting gods out of mothballs and actually doing something with it. Now you've got me thinking of it again. There's still a lot of details I never worked out but I've got a couple of other projects to finish first, plenty of time to let the whole thing simmer.

6 years ago

Yes, it's rather complex (I love building lore, so I honestly had a lot of fun thinking all of this up...and my notebook has so many pages missing now x'D) but all of this gives life to my little world, and having everything figured out is always good :)

A pantheon of infighting gods is always fun!

6 years ago

"you sneezed during their creation"

xD

Nice job Seto~ I'll just stalk this story now I like where this is going. :D

6 years ago

Always the damned sneezing!

It's how platypus's were made :<

6 years ago

Can I just say...

Holy shit I can write when I wanna write.

Current progress:

I have literally ignored everything else and just wrote. Now I need sleep and maybe some food >~>

6 years ago

Holy wow, that's a lot. How do you even manage that?! How long have you been working on it? 

6 years ago

Not very long, if I'm honest.

Around a week or so. 

But it's been in planning for awhile; around a month or so. 

6 years ago

A week of writing and already that much? Damn. I'm jealous. Lend me some of your writing talent?

6 years ago

It's called my "non-procrastination" power. Avaliable in short bursts, up to a month or so; and then many, many years of straight up slacking. x'D

6 years ago

Well... in that case I'll have to wait a few more years. Thanks for sharing this knowledge,  I was already wondering why my stories got worse and worse. 

6 years ago

Damn, Seto. xD WOoooow. :D 

6 years ago

*can write a lot when i'm inspired*

Also huh...this is going to be the biggest story I've ever written when I'm finished with it, I think.

6 years ago

We must shove inspiration into Seto! >:D

*grabs a handful of inspiration*

6 years ago

O.O
First off, I need to know where you're shoving that handful.

6 years ago

I'm dying of laughter because of this. Thanks y'all. 

6 years ago
Don't ask, just take the inspiration and go with it, wherever it goes...

6 years ago

>.> There are some places that even inspiration ain't welcome in!

6 years ago
Hey Mister Man, you will take that inspiration and enjoy it!

6 years ago

Am I allowed to refuse? >.>

6 years ago

"37 pages done."

Oh, that's nice. Good job, Se-

"394 pages done."

... Oh.

Good-er job, Seto.

6 years ago

I just wrote. And wrote. And wrote...

And then, looked and saw a shit ton of words >.>

Welp. Whaddaya know? I can write.

6 years ago
Do you have a hoard of insanely fast typing slaves by any chance?

6 years ago

Tons of Irish slaves hidden in my basement, hooked up to my conciousness; forced to writ my stories for me while I go sleep. :P

6 years ago
Just waiting to break out of the matrix, find the Chosen One, and take down the oppressor. Could probably make a good movie out of that alone, then a terrible second one, then an even more terrible third one.

6 years ago

*thinks* That sounds strangely familiar.