Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Delve!

6 years ago
Just Published Delve! (as promised in lue of a Contest Entry)

A Flash-Game style combat RPG just to see if it could be done.

Pro Tip: It can, but not without way more work than it is worth for anyone but an obsessed masochist.

Anyway - have fun with it and post bugs/questions about it here, thanks!

Delve!

6 years ago

I just saw this, immediately clicked, read a few pages, and I can say (confidently) that I'll be busy for the rest of the day. This is quite the nice treat.

Delve!

6 years ago

So far I've picked an evil dwarf fighter.

Wide variety of D&D images you picked. Some even from the first edition books.

Delve!

6 years ago
Haven't read and I am already excited!

Delve!

6 years ago
This looks awesome and I can't wait to play it.

Delve!

6 years ago

Well this is slightly easier to kill monsters now that I finally hired a NPC to help.

Delve!

6 years ago
To be fair, the best features of the game don't even start, till you've got at least two NPS and have leveled up at least once.

Delve!

6 years ago
I think I found a bug. I killed some monsters, I think they were chitter men or something simelar, and got the money. When I returned to the page "The Lower Caverns", the Next encounter link no longer worked; it kept sending me back to The Lower Caverns. Is that the end of the game?

Delve!

6 years ago

No, there's a lot more, I'm currently at the Boundless Sea past the Underdark.

I don't think duel welding works like it should though. I bought it for my rogue NPC and I couldn't equip them with two single handed weapons. So I just reloaded a save and didn't get it again.

Not sure what the Taco Party option does either. I bought it, but it didn't take my gold, or show up as a new object I could use.

Delve!

6 years ago
Pity, it seems I'll have to restart then. I have no idea what I did wrong, I was doing so well with my 3 fighters (although I might have pressed backspace a bit too many times ... :)

Delve!

6 years ago

I am in the heat of the volcano.

Delve!

6 years ago

Yeah, the Underdark is after that bit.

Delve!

6 years ago
Taco Party heals all PC/NPC hit points and mana. I have noted that the game does not handle CYS site slow downs or time-outs very well, which will sometimes cause links to not respond when clicked.

Delve!

6 years ago
Duel Weilding works in the Battle side of things, but I never figured a way to show it's effect when looking at the character sheet. To confirm, one would have to get it, do some damage to a monster, then drop the second weapon, which would show a related reduction in damage with each hit.

Delve!

6 years ago

I just made it to Boundless Sea.

Delve!

6 years ago
Arrrh!

Delve!

6 years ago

My PC is a wizard and lightning is OP.

Delve!

6 years ago
Try chain lightning when you get a chance haha!

Delve!

6 years ago

When do you get that?

Delve!

6 years ago
Hidden City I think?

Delve!

6 years ago
Some quick tips on weapon selection - the spear and crossbow deal the most damage overall.

Delve!

6 years ago

Is the orc cleaver supposed to be as cheap as it is? (75 gold) As far as I can tell it's the best one handed weapon for a fighter. Anything better is two handed and I imagine you can't use most of the shields with those.

Delve!

6 years ago
Yeah, the orc cleaver is brutally effective, but it's made by orcs, so no one will pay any more for it. Does the job, but sure ain't pretty.

If you're lucky enough to find an infernal orc cleaver of disembowling, then you're in for some fun!

Delve!

6 years ago

Well, I think I found a game breaking bug. I'm at the Hidden City and just defeated the 4 dark wraiths and it won't proceed any further, I just keep getting...

The wicked denizens of the Hidden City cannot stop you - as you approach the sinister edifice at the heart of this vile evil!

You are close, you can feel it! Today this City and its Master fall!

every time I click "On to the next encounter"

Anyway, I guess I'll retire and finally rate it.

Delve!

6 years ago

Got that far then laptop shut off and now I have to do a lot over.

Delve!

6 years ago

My last save was just before I was getting looping error.

I can't be certain, but I think the next encounter was going to be the last one. It was like my party decided just before opening the throne room doors, "Yeah, I think he's learned his lesson, we can go back now." and they just all went home. Lol.

Delve!

6 years ago
It's not a bug, its a "CYS Site Feature" - where the site times-out on you. It happens to me in other games occasionally (even where no scripting is involved).

There are two more areas following Hidden City.

Delve!

6 years ago

Just started a while ago, now I'm at full NPCs.

Started with an Elf Rogue, Evil Aligned. 

Was really rough at the start, and kept dying. Gold went into negatives at some point.

Now I'm stocked up on mana and health potions and have the best items I can buy from the shop, and I'm currently chilling in the Boundless Sea...and I just realized something. All of my NPCs are evil except my dwarf Fighter. Poor guy x'D

Anyways, lovely game Berka! I love it so far.

Delve!

6 years ago

Money is too easy to earn. By the time I was near the end I had over 10000 and had nothing to spend it on!

Delve!

6 years ago

I think I had almost 30000 gold.

Delve!

6 years ago
I would recommend saving often due to the 'CYS site feature' that throws the Server Error switch. It's a lot more difficult to get back to where you were in a game like this vs a normal one.

Delve!

6 years ago
Good Call! I'd recommend at least every time you hit a new area.

Delve!

6 years ago

Unfortunately for me, my save is corrupted and it just continues to loop everytime I click the "on to the next encounter" bit in the heart of the dark fortress (Castle Doom) so I can't really continue my adventures. Still was fun while it lasted though.

Delve!

6 years ago

Not sure if this'll work, but when storygames do that to me, I just use the "go back" thing and re-select my life choices.

Worth a shot, I suppose.

Delve!

6 years ago

Yeah I tried, but no luck. I had saved on a bit where I just looted treasure and the only option was "back to the grind!" and then the next choice takes me to the Castle Doom picture and I have to the option of either going to the next encounter (which just loops to the same page) or retiring which works but obviously ends the game.

Goat farming for my characters it looks like. Lol.

Delve!

6 years ago

Dang.

That's actually really anticlimactic.

They killed hundreds of monsters, and finally made it to the final guy, but are just "Oh, well. Whatever." And go all the way back home to Quittersvale.

Delve!

6 years ago
Damn, I'm disappointed. I hope you'll give it a second try down the road sometime.

Delve!

6 years ago
Isn't it about time we replace that dice game in Everything Else? Never did see the point of that one.

Delve!

6 years ago
But it was the Advanced Scripting Masterpiece of its day! ^v^

Seriously, just wanting to figure out how to do something like that is why I dove into scripting in the first place

Delve!

6 years ago

To be honest, once you get past the first two zones without death, it gets kinda easy if you know what the latest fashion is.

I did find a bug one time, where after a battle with slimes, my armor, shield, and weapon disappeared for no apparent reason. So that was a thing.

Delve!

6 years ago
The Disolver Beasts (rust monsters) destroy your stuff and you may not have noticed until later. If not then yeah, weird bug.

Oh, and cheating the gambler makes him steal your armor.

XD

Delve!

6 years ago
This site is just lovely. I decided to restart, and once again got to the lower caverns. This time, I killed the spider chicks and once again the next encounter link stopped working. I went back, did the fight again, still broken. I went back, saved, closed the window, reopened it, did the fight, still broken! Fuckin' spiders!
This game is nice, but I really don't feel like restarting again.

Delve!

6 years ago
That's a shame! What really sucks though, is that those links only have a simple $dest script to direct the link. It's not like the 80 page codes that the combats are running.

Ah well. Maybe give it a try with Firefox down the road a bit?

Delve!

6 years ago
I already played it with Firefox on both tries. Oh well, I might give it another go in a few months.

Delve!

6 years ago

Played this last weekend, it was awesome.  Picked a good fighter as my character, was not at all disappointed.  I'm not usually one for turn based RPGs but this one really takes the cake.  Would highly recommend if anyone hasn't tried it out yet.

Delve!

6 years ago

Also was I the only one that didn't experience any debilitating bugs?  

Delve!

6 years ago
>>>Great time waster. Just completed the game a 3rd time and I'm still not fed up with it. Just a few questions.

Besides the gems, the fountain and the teleport what are the random encounters you can find in the side passages? Just wandering if I found them all.

There are 21 random encounters total (7 of them are gems though).

Is the golem you find in a side passage just a regular clay golem for priests or is it something else? Each time I found it I never had a sufficient High level priest in my party or as main PC.

It's an Iron Golem (which can also be found randomly as treasure at higher levels)

The extra slots items don't seem to work, is it a bug?

Do you mean extra slots from Swag Bag or Bag of Holding? The Extra Slot from Human and/or Level Ups works fine as far as I am aware.

Does the Find Item bonus is cumulative witihin the party or ist better to put all the items that give a bonus in the same NPC?

Yes, Find Items and Find Gold Bonuses all stack across the entire Party.

Do the classes influence the quality of the items you receive or is it purely random? Ie: my priest kept finding robes and regular items in the first levels until I found a Fate Stone and hired a rogue.

Treasure is Random by level, but having a Find Item Bonus impacts it to a degree.

If the author could post the answers on the game thread, or just e-mail me if he thinks there would be to much spoilers, I would be much obliged.<<<
-- Thordrin Gloimson on 10/14/2017 7:02:48 PM with a score of 118153

Hope this helps, thanks for playing!

Delve!

6 years ago

Enjoying the game!

I found an Iron Golem but it brings me back to the dark woods after I assign the item.  Is there a workaround for it?

Thanks

Delve!

6 years ago
Not really sure whether it is a bug in the game, or the a site timeout stepping on the game.

Delve!

6 years ago
So is this going to be featured? Please kill that dice game.

Delve!

6 years ago

Done.

Delve!

6 years ago
Yay!

Delve!

6 years ago
WOOT!

Delve!

6 years ago

Not really a huge bug, but at the beginning of the game, on the page where you choose your character's alignment, the character race is always listed as Human, regardless if you may be a Dwarf or Elf.

Other than that I haven't really uncovered many bugs, but I haven't progressed that far into the game yet. I'm having a lot of fun with it though. It's much more entertaining than that dice game it's replaced.

Delve!

6 years ago
Good find! That one was a genuine scripting error and I was able to fix it!

Good luck with the rest of the game. Hope it doesn't flake out on ya!

Delve!

6 years ago
Nice, but HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO KILL THE ANCIENT WORM WITHOUT DROPPING ANOTHER QUARTER?
-- Out_of_ideas on 11/23/2017 12:04:56 PM with a score of 91875

---

Well, one way it to equip everyone with a phoenix feather or two. Also, use Lightning or Chain Lightning. That sort of stuff. Good Luck!