Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Obligatory Semi-bi Monthly Beepbox Thread

6 years ago

Hey y'all. I was up late last night goofing around on the internet when I remembered Beepbox. Now, this version of Beepbox is called Modded Beepbox, and has a handful of new features. I'm not going to explain them when you just go and look for yourself.

Oh, and I made a song I'm pretty proud of.

6 years ago
What kind of crazy links are those?!?

6 years ago

Saves a lot of storage for saving every song when you store all the music bits as letters in the URL!

6 years ago
real beepboxers write songs using only plaintext to manually write out each note in a url instead of visiting the site itself.

6 years ago

Deleted the crazy links. Your hyperlinks are the same anyway, so there wasn't any need for them.

6 years ago

I'll admit, the new version is more fun to mess around with.

6 years ago

Is this an original song? It's great!

Yeah, Beepbox modded was also developed very recently, surprisingly.

6 years ago

It's probably an original song. I'm really not good enough at music to tell if I'm writing something new or a collection of things I've heard before, and by the time I finish I've heard it enough times that I don't know if it's familiar because I listened to it while I made it or if I heard it somewhere else.

6 years ago

Yeah, I'm finally able to articulate what I wanted to say about it: at first it sounds like something from a James Bond film, but the chorus (or whatever the repeating part is called) sounds more like a tune you'd find in Donkey Kong.

6 years ago

Yeah, I definitely created the green notes with James Bond in mind. As soon as I managed to get it to sound like some sort of guitar I wanted to put it in that scale. I haven't really heard Donkey Kong music before, so the second part (Or the bassline throughout all the parts) was probably inspired by something more akin to the first Spyro which I KNOW influenced what random music pops up in my head since I was little. I don't know where the drums came from aside from the fact that I use them a lot and that same sort of beat is in almost everything and I liked how this particular instance of drums sounded like a salt shaker.