Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Debut Short Story

6 years ago

Greetings fellow Cystians. As the title suggests, I have my debut short story published. Specifically, it's published through kindle/amazon, so it's not like it's on bookshelves or something. However, it is something that is published, so I would very much appreciate it if you guys would buy and review it. 

Of course, actually buying it could be considered a waste of money by some, or might otherwise deter you lot from buying my piece. Therefore, I have a solution! Normally it would be sold for 99 cent, but for today it will be free for anyone who wishes to buy it. 

Now how does this benefit me? Well, (since you all are obviously on the edge of your seat awaiting my response) I'm glad you asked! If you buy and read it, then fantastic. That'll add another download to my numbers, but what I really need for this to (more or less) kick off, is for you all to rate and review it. 

I know some of you might find the process tedious, and can barely even bother to review stories here, but this is a short story. So, it shouldn't take too long to read, and even less time to rate and review. Hey, you may even like it! 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CGFZ9D/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507904416&sr=8-1&keywords=Asher+Oakley

There's the link. (I really need to learn how to hyper link. Actually, if someone would pm me on how to do that, then that would also be much appreciated.)

For any that do read and review it... Truly, thank you.

Debut Short Story

6 years ago

Just remember the noise your grandpa makes when he clears his throat. "A-HREF HREF". Put that shit between the magical maymay arrows and you're golden.

<a href="The link you want">The text you want</a>

The last </a> is the most important part. Though you may use witchcraft to harness the powers of hell, if you don't close the window to the Spirit realm horrible creatures come through, and boy are they eager to skullfuck the human race without going through the proper motions of asking for consent or telling anyone that they're HIV Positive.

Debut Short Story

6 years ago
That sounds right.

Debut Short Story

6 years ago
Interesting. Best of luck to you, but I'm going to be completely honest here; I've never in my life read a self published Kindle story where writing it a review would do it any kind of favors.

Mostly I just wind up being grateful that easy means to do this weren't available when I was back in high school. Self publishing is much like YouTube and social media in that way.

But I'll grab this when I get home so you get the download at least.

Debut Short Story

6 years ago

Well, I suppose having some kind of review will be better than having no reviews, even if that margin is miniscule.

Thanks for the download though.

Debut Short Story

6 years ago

The subtitle is a bit confusing -- 'An Alternate Ending' implies, at least to me, that there's an original ending somewhere else. But there's nothing else to indicate that this is the case.

Downloaded, regardless.

Debut Short Story

6 years ago

Thanks, first off. 

Secondly, that was entirely intentional. There will be another 'canon' ending which will come in the form of my first (min) novel length piece. I didn't want to publish it as the original ending, so I just added the subtitle and called it good.