Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
Ophelia is a hurricane I never even heard of before today, and it turns out the reason for that is that it's just some lame unimpressive Category 1 with 90 mile winds heading for a country no one cares about. Pretty lol-worthy by normal standards if it were to get reported on at all.

But this is still one of the biggest storms to ever set sights on Ireland, so would anyone like to say a few words or possibly bet points on the likelihood of Steve being taken out permanently by this weak pussy barely-a-hurricane he hasn't prepared for in any way?

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

I'm actually quite happy with Ophelia, as it's apparently driving warm air in our direction, which means it's about ten degrees (Celsius) warmer than usual these days.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

It's 10 degrees warmer because of global warming, you science-denying shithead.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

There are multiple causes of warm weather, you dumb faggot. 

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
Trying something new? gl maybe this time it will work.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

A simple thread about a hurricane results in one member suddenly calling another a science denying shithead followed by yet another member calling that one a dumb faggot.

Gotta love this place.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

25 points for a joke? This place really has no sense of humor.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Jesus fucking Christ, I didn't dock you 25 points you dumb conclusion jumping shithead.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

I didn't say it was you, but it must be one of you tyrannical mods.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Aren't you glad to be living up to your name around here, though?

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Ooh! I didn't see that one coming. Nice one Thara. 

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

At least when they're tyrannical, it's on purpose.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
I thought it was pretty funny, hehehehe!

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

I know right? This place has a great sense of humor.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
Nah we're all mean bullies. Just ask BM.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
It's the notes on the dockings that really make them imho.

But yeah that's a name/profile combo just begging for attention if I ever saw one.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

The link doesn't even work.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Fixed.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

That was actually bothering me for the longest time.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
I'm still enraged by 'hunrgy'.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
For whatever reason, the code wouldn't work for a while even though I entered it in correctly. Now it does though.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
Good, I was about to dock you another 25 points for it.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
Fun facts: There were over 9 million Irish in Ireland before the potato famine, and by the end of it nearly half of the survivors had left the country.

Today there are less than five million on Ireland and around 80 million outside it, depending on where you want to place the genetic cutoff for these condomless rabbits.

So even if weak baby Ophelia sweeps the whole country off her highchair table like an unwashed drunk into the sea, it literally won't matter at all! The Irish will be fine. :)

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
That would be a shame.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Boooo.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
Clarification?

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

"it's just some lame unimpressive Category 1 with 90 mile winds heading for a country no one cares about."

Compared to the last few we've had, this one isn't as interesting.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
Well yeah but the water's cold enough over there that hurricanes are rare. Flooding is flooding so a Category 1 can still hurt anywhere depending on how much rain it brings and what the infrastructure's like, and even winds of 100mph or so can do damage to buildings.

Someone else might be able to verify or correct me on this but I think a lot of houses in Europe/the UK are brick or stone and those aren't designed to stand up to high winds very well. (It would need to get up above the 100mph range to be a real issue though and so Ophelia wasn't ever really much of a threat in that area.)

I feel like really bizarre weather activity is going to start becoming the norm though, so in a way it's a good thing we've had this year of narrowly dodging bullets to become aware of all the sick tricks hurricanes can potentially pull off when they're really in the mood to fuck somebody up.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
How the hell do wimpy 80 mile winds cause more than a billion and a half in damage?

Anyway, three dead, all tree related. People will always insist hang around trees after a storm and that is so dangerous even when vengeful druidic ghosts aren't a factor.

Anyway Steve popped in to the villain's lair to report be wasn't yet dead early this morning, I assume he still continues to be okay as of now.

(That giant collective sigh I just heard was one of relief, right?)

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Oh, sorry, that sigh was mine. I'm a bit sad the nice, warm, summer-like weather has passed again. I think we sacrificed too few Irish/British folks to the weather gods.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Well, last year, Florida and Texas must've sacrificed too many...

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
The hurricanes were just sad no one respected them anymore so they're mixing things up to change their image. Real hard to compete with other natural disasters when you're fat enough to be seen from space and take days to get anywhere, but now they're figuring it out, good for them.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Now I feel sad for poor, old Ophelia. She's the first hurricane Europe has seen in ages, but outside the British Isles, she's still overshadowed by other natural disasters, like all those burning forests in the US, Spain and Portugal.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

I feel I've make this clear, I'm immortal and will never die.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago
Just one of the benefits of being a human cockroach.

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

Emphasis on the cock, I am right?

Hurricane Ophelia

6 years ago

There's another fucking hurricane? Screw this shit. There's already been loads this year. Here's a little chart of the hurricanes which have happened this year: 

ATLANTIC TROPICAL (AND SUBTROPICAL) STORM NAMES FOR 2017

Arlene Harvey Ophelia
Bret Irma Philippe
Cindy Jose Rina
Don Katia Sean
Emily Lee Tammy
Franklin Maria Vince
Gert Nate Whitney

EASTERN NORTH-PACIFIC TROPICAL (AND SUBTROPICAL) STORM NAMES FOR 2017

Adrian Irwin Ramon
Beatriz Jova Selma
Calvin Kenneth Todd
Dora Lidia Veronica
Eugune Max Wiey
Fernanda Norma Xina
Greg Otis York
Hilary Pilar Zelda

Holy motherfucking shit. I can't keep up with these hurricanes. I noticed that some recent hurricanes are not on this table, but that's probably because the table is outdated, but anyways here it is for prying eyes.