Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Cuphead

6 years ago

Anyone played it? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Is the plot interesting?

For those who haven't heard of it, Cuphead is a game styled from the old timey cartoons (think old but colored Mickey mouse). I haven't played but I've heard it was interesting with mechanics and attacks in boss fights. And I have to give it props on animation being literally everything in it is hand drawn animation. 

Cuphead

6 years ago

Looked cool, but I since I don't have an xbox or gaming PC to run the game I just watched a playthrough on Youtube.

Cuphead

6 years ago

I havent had the time to watch a playthrough. School and shit. I saw Toby was doing one. Who did you watch?

Cuphead

6 years ago

I don't remember. Probably wasn't any of the famous playthrough people, it was just one of those videos with all the boss fights (Most of the game anyway) and the endings. (Bad and good)

Cuphead

6 years ago

Sometimes the person doing the playthrough makes a huge difference so I always listen for recommendations. I suppose Ill just headbutt the first one that pops up when searching. (Not sure if Toby is my first choice for games like this. Hes alright for wild fuckery on games that can otherwise be boring to play)

Cuphead

6 years ago
I'd like to know more about this one too. I've heard it's pretty challenging, and pretty faithful to the aesthetic they went with.

Here's a 5 minute 'review' from Zero Punctuation if anyone just wants the gist without spoilers. His usual shtick is mostly about hating games so I see it as a good sign when he actually likes one, sort of. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117149-Zero-Punctuation-Cuphead

Cuphead

6 years ago

Oh, here's another female character to put in your lesbian crossover fanfic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJYCsI81uhQ

Cuphead

6 years ago

I have to say thats one of the best reviews Ive ever watched on anything. And it definitely sums up some of the other reviews I've heard from friends, people online, etc. Though now Im curious about the sound track and I guess Ill just have to find time to watch a playthrough to get the full experience. Hopefully this weekend my teachers will chill with the homework

Cuphead

6 years ago

Chaser is best weapon.

Cuphead

6 years ago

Game looks rather interesting, may get it someday. The game mechanics look decent enough, and the variation between bosses (And death blurbs) is what got me into it.

Cuphead

6 years ago

Cuphead

6 years ago

Oh yeah that was a thing.

Can't believe the lady actually left the door unlocked/unlocked it after the collision.

Cuphead

6 years ago
It was just a few seconds after so she may have been busy trying to process what the hell just happened. The thing normal people do in this situation is make sure no one is hurt and exchange insurance info while waiting on the police, ideally somewhere that's not in the middle of a street; it may not have been immediately evident to her the dude was crazy depending on how long he was barreling up behind her with the door flapping and whether she was on her phone or not.

I'm more wondering wtf was going on with the driver that seems to have deliberately rolled into the police car, but with the camera angle I can't really see what the criminal may have been doing on the other side of the vehicle there and I could understand wanting to move the fuck away from him.

Anyway, that is a great video even without the music.

Cuphead

6 years ago
I'm so happy we have this new YouTube power now.

Cuphead

6 years ago

I play Cuphead, and I really do love the graphics. It reminds me of those old days.. Aaah... Anyways, the plot is quite interesting, but damn that game is hard. I do recommend it to anyone who thinks that they're up for a challenge. 

Cuphead

6 years ago

Currently playing it on Xbox. Even though I'm terrible at it, I totally adore it! I grew up old cartoons and it's extremely faithful to that rubberneck Fliecsher style I love so. Lots of references hidden here and there.

One thing that really got me was the whole contract requirement. It turns out that simple isn't enough -- Ya gotta beat those suckers on regular mode to actually complete the game. I learned that quite a ways in so now I'm slightly angry and determined. The game is quite difficult, but I wouldn't say unfair. It's not like it has bad level design or enemy placement or nuth'n (flashbacks to Astro Boy: Omega Factor *shiver*), it's just simply, beautifully difficult. I equipped that teleport dash thing and I quickly learned what good a nice chaser can do you. 

Even though the gameplay is fun, the music is lovely and the animation is down right stellar, I'd say that the one real reason why I play the game is to hear the old-fashioned man yelp "It's a fiiiine day for a sweeeeellll battle!" at the beginning of every fight.

Cuphead

6 years ago

This game has been awesome so far.