Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Can't grab items if I post a link on the page

6 years ago

I put some items on a particular page, and as long as I have no link for you to leave the page, you are able to add the items to your inventory. But if I put a link, including even "previous page," when you click on the items it just resets the page.

One of the items sends you to a new chapter, but other than that I don't have any thing connected to the items except an image and where they are found. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or some sort of work around?

I guess I could make an item called "return to previous page," but that would be kind of tacky. Any suggestions?

6 years ago

When it resets the page, does the item you clicked appear in your inventory? I'm quite sure it's supposed to do that.

6 years ago
No it does not, not if I have a link at the bottom. I will try saving and restarting.

Restarted the game: Nope. It only works if there is no link at the bottom of the page.

6 years ago

Wait, I think I resolved the problem. I think it might have to do with me sending the player back to the same page, or go back.

When I send the player back to page right before the page where you click the link to get the items, it works.