Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

EndMaster’s Inclusive Story Contest

6 years ago

Okay, so here’s another unofficial contest for everyone if they’re interested.

LGBT Protagonist

Keep in mind you still need to write a story with an actual plot and shit. I don’t care what type of story you do, just make the protagonist one of the LGBT crowd.

So write anything from a tranny space James Bond to a lesbian Leatherface if you want, but don’t just write a character that goes around saying “I’M GAY!” throughout the story. Also do not use this as an excuse to write your shitty Yaoi/Yuri fan fiction. Write a real fucking story.

I suppose you COULD do an asexual protagonist, but that’s sort of the easy way out.

You’re banned if you make a pedophile protagonist.

Remember to post links to your stories here if you make one and there will also be a new tag you can use to place on your stories.

Anyway, deadline is December 1st, good luck.

6 years ago
Oh, the thread's already up.

You've threatened to do this contest before. No one will enter however as I'll be busy finishing my six stories, and everyone else is useless and lazy.

6 years ago
If I did enter though I'd probably just have a man with a penis having sex with a woman with a vagina with the big reveal that one of them was gay the whole time.

6 years ago
Actually I just thought up not one but two potential plots involving a homosexual having lots of normal person sex, but I probably won't get around to it.

I'm writing about a unicorn right now though, those are gay as hell.

6 years ago

This seems like undue effort to start an entirely new story where there's not even any real restrictions. I mean, I could literally rewrite almost any of my stories to make them LGBT in ten minutes.

6 years ago

wait end does that story I showed you a month ago count if it has atleast 1 lgbt protagonist.

6 years ago

I barely remember that story. (I'd have to check the PMs)

Eh, I was looking more for a traditional single protagonist story, (unless all your protags happen to be lgbt)  but I guess you could turn it in for this contest anyway since if you turn out to be the only one who bothers, you'll win by default like Mizal did last contest.

6 years ago

Am I allowed to just delete Metamorphosis and republish it? 

6 years ago

I don't even remember the protagonist in Metamorphosis or even the story (EDIT: Apparently I haven't even read it yet since its unrated for me), but fuck no, it's a simple enough task as it is.

If I made it any simpler, I might as well be handing out "Everyone's a winner!" trophies.

6 years ago
Malk wrote about lesbians before it was cool. Give him a point for furthering the cause of D I V E R S I T Y.

6 years ago

Yeah, that's happened to me before with contests which is part of the reason why I stopped doing them a long time ago. Someone comes up with a topic that I already wrote a story about.

I dunno, maybe Malk could try to make a shitty sequel like Metamorphosis 2: Lesbian Boogaloo.

6 years ago
That's a good point since the one he wrote was actually the aftermath of the main story he never bothered to finish. (Because lazy.)

6 years ago
At this current moment in time, Attack of the Space Lesbians is rated higher than Steve's newest story, just so you know.

Also, Attack of the Space Lesbians is an excellent title I'm offering to anyone who wants it for free.

6 years ago

This does seems like an interesting topic to cover for a story although I assume that most people would just write a normal story then slip in "By the way, I'm not straight" like once. If I decide to spend my free time writing, I will attempt to write something for this contest. But I most likely will not submit anything unless I got something really good.

Also I now have a subconscious reason for writing a story.

6 years ago
Speak for yourself, my story will open with you spooning your gay lover's corpse in a forest. For like, two years.

6 years ago

That's definitely one way to start a story.

6 years ago

...tempting. It would be something to feed CYSBOT, and I have an idea. Hm.

6 years ago
Haha, okay. (It's funny because you have even less chance of finishing a game than I do.)

6 years ago

I have the least chance of finishing a story. X'D

6 years ago

I can't help but remember that storygame published last year: Gay and Deppressed.

Anyway, this'll be an interesting contest.

6 years ago

Wow, it's still hanging on at a 2.7, I thought it had been unpublished.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/gay-and-depressed

EDIT: There was also this one. (Though it wasn't immediately apparent that it was about two girls until Briar spoke to the author directly and then mentioned it to me)

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/why-i-left-you

6 years ago
I'm kind of amazed, given the number of 1/8s there. I gave it a 3, but only because you asked. It is a hilarious title.

6 years ago

I kinda got the feeling it was from a girl's point of view as I was reading it.

6 years ago

6 years ago

Holy shit, that was fast for you.

Hell, you might just get those 6 stories in by the end of the year after all.

6 years ago
I was inspired and then I wrote it all at once before I had time to think of more things to add that would drag the length out to the point my attention span wouldn't be up to the task of finishing it.

6 years ago

Watch it, there's standards she said would be for the storygames, she's got 0 stories still.

6 years ago

This one is probably on par with her rape story. Probably better in some regards since there's an actual story here. Not that the rape story wasn't good since it was amusing, but this one went for the whole bat shit insane isolation route along with a fleshed out background (At least I thought so) so it was good in a different way.

I think you might like this one assuming you haven't read it yet.

6 years ago
Oh my! Ew! Haha!

6 years ago
I am quite pleased I made Berka go 'Ew!'

6 years ago

hawt 

6 years ago

Does it count as gay if the entire world is? 
I mean, technically there's no dick/boobs/squishy bits for anyone, and it's simply he/him pronouns for everyone. Skeletons, glass-like people / solid ghost-like people. 
Souls bond, and sometimes upon separation another piece splits off and grows like an egg, collecting and gathering surrounding elements to form a basic body over the course of several weeks.

6 years ago

That sounds more like everyone is just neutered asexuals which I said you could write as a main protagonist since they're starting to get lumped into the alphabet soup. I just said it seems a bit too easy.

6 years ago

A) This sounds interesting, and I hope you decide to do it.

B) Why he/him?

6 years ago
Well it's Crash's setting so Crash is the one who'd have to answer that for certain, but I would assume they have their reasons. (That would be 'they' as in the magical skeleton ghosts, plural, not Crash the forum user, singular, but all kinds of fun expected in writing a multi-character scene where that constantly has to be clarified...)

6 years ago

Even if it's not in time for the contest, I'll be doing a lot with this universe. I've been planning things out with it for months, including 31 characters, governing system, animal life, a little bit into mythology, how exactly things work and how anomalies can be explained or created, genetics pertaining to magic and the restrictions on magic, my own system of alchemy including said magic.  

6 years ago

Does there have to be "proof" to support the notion that the protagonist is LGBT, or can we just give the story to a Tumblr user, ask for their 'headcanon' and say that's totally what we intended?

6 years ago

Since I'm going to be judging these, I'll decide if you met the criteria or not.

I mean if you really want to do a story where the protagonist is saying "Have I mentioned that I'm homosexual today?" on every page  to hedge your bets that you're doing it right, but that probably means it could only go the more comedy route.

By the same token you could have an entire story where it's not even mentioned and only a single brief reference (Like Eric mentioned) like your lesbian protagonist saying "Yeah, I gotta go home early, my wife wants to go on a stupid date night."

Feel free to use a tumblrina's brain for inspiration if you wish though.

6 years ago

If the story has multiple protagonists, do they all have to be LGBT? Or is it fine as long as the "main guy" swings with the 10%?

6 years ago

Like I said to Digit, if you've got multiple main protags, and just one of them is meeting the criteria, you could still turn it in, but I might end up ranking it a bit lower unless you've really written something well.

6 years ago

Ill probably cheat myself  and make my Ultra Conservative White Male and Independent women secretly queer in some sort of group orgy fest.

6 years ago
Here's a free plot:

Gay man or ~~straight transwoman~~ is the only male survivor of a colony ship disaster, and is tasked with populating an entire planet via hot space ladies. They will not take no for an answer.

I won't be attempting a google, but I am pretty sure...no actually absolutely certain that somewhere out there you can find literature or even visual aids on this subject to further your research if needed.

6 years ago

Pansexuals are allowed then? X'D

?*totally not looking for the easiest way besides asexuals*

6 years ago
Would veggiesexuals and those who are attracted exclusively to anthropomorphized airplanes fall under this category? Always thought it strange they didn't have a flag of their own yet.

6 years ago

x'D
You have your next story :P

And I think if you dig hard enough you might actually find what they call themselves.

I have seen an entire forum dedicated to people with a kink for nonliving objects turned into a humanoid shape (it's every gal's/guy's dream to fuck their fridge, after all!)

6 years ago

But of course, the fridge is the THICCest appliance. I can't imagine fucking anything else in my house, except maybe my car, but it entered a polyamorous relationship with some gay dragons a long time ago.

6 years ago

Vegetables and Planies still have their own genders, as you can tell by the massive nutritious and fibrous/stainless steel dicks and/or tits. There exist plenty of gay people within that area, but, y'know, mostly it's an excuse for obsessive farmers and those old dudes who painted model planes in their basement before the internet started handing out asperger/autism diagnoses like cheese and crackers to pretend that the beings they hang out with all the time are actually sexually attractive people that they'd be proud of hanging out with.

The old dudes that play with civil war figures in their basement instead are probably more "biased" toward being LGBT considering the only potentially sexy people they have to choose from are dudes.

Image result for sexy civil war

But, fuck, if I were a gay civil war basement dude, I sure as hell wouldn't be complaining.

6 years ago

Yeah, you can do pans I guess. They're basically just bisexuals on steroids.

EDIT: Yes, you can also have a hermaphrodite protagonist as well.

6 years ago

Unfortunately, it appears I made it so that in Mazkil, becoming chieftain leads to you having children, one of whom I named Mazkil Jr. Thus, I needed to quickly unpublish that and change that, because come on, Junior? Nah, fuck that noise.

However, I'm reminded that Mazkil is a bisexual in that story, given that he fucks female prostitutes and marries a man if allowed to retire peacefully, and since I did (re)publish it in the duration of the contest, and wrote at least one name during the duration, I want my prize.

6 years ago

Well, I wrote a storygame for EM's contest mostly just to ensure that mizal won't win by default again (making it more "official"). I was also being annoyed by ItsSuchaBeutifulDay, so I semi-parodied her storygame and style. Thus, I'm killing two birds with one stone.

Plus, will my minimal effort be rated higher than what ISBD thinks is too good to comment on? Will it even remain above site standards?

6 years ago
A challenger approaches! THANK YOU.

(And that's a fun story :D )

6 years ago
Dini didn't get it, better make a thread about this.

6 years ago

She never rated Waiting for a Train, so I assume she never read it. If that's the case, they I understand. She'll see it eventually. If she did read it, however, then I'd be rather confused.

6 years ago
No, she did. Her review is what caused all the drama in the other thread.

She rated it higher than yours actually. LOL.

6 years ago

Dang, that's so weird. Perhaps it's that I used the word "Trump" that's throwing them off? Those parody's are (annoyingly) common, so maybe she mistook it for that entirely?

EDIT: BTW, there's also a hidden ending. Did you find it? Steve could probably stumble onto it...

6 years ago
I don't want to be whatever Steve is. Bad enough you made me pick a train.

6 years ago

In my universe, there were no tiny trains who you could pick from instead. Then again, a train who runs on cannabis, a coal powered train who hates pollution, and a train that has an Egg McMuffin painted on its side would all be interesting to me.

Also, I find this weird. The three members of the site who are "conservative" are either the ones who created the diversity contest or was the ones who submitted in it so far. Morgan should write something soon.

6 years ago
Morgan has been shilling for Twine and ChoiceScript for years, yet never made a game with those. It's why I feel so confident her love of typing words about gender won't go anywhere either.

6 years ago

Glad to see Wibbons getting into the spirit of things. Perhaps an inspiring video will help others come up with a story idea.

6 years ago
Oh, wow. I hadn't seen this thread yet. It's a whole fuckin' contest about who can fit the most degeneracy in a storygame. Absolutely disgusting how far this site has fallen in the few months I've been here.

6 years ago

If you think this site wasn't filled with degeneracy before, you really haven't been paying attention.

Anyway, hurry up and finish your story, there's still time and it seems pretty interesting so far. Might even give Mizal some actual competition for the contest.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/a-sexually-confused-man-repents

6 years ago
There was certainly degeneracy before, but there was never institutional degeneracy llike this.

I made that story just to enter this contest. It'll be truly ironic when my story wins this "inclusive" contest.

6 years ago
"A Sexually Confused Man Repents"

This is going to be amazing.

6 years ago
@Victim Do you think you're going to finish writing your biography in time for the deadline? Those first two pages are really good.

6 years ago
I may or may not. This was really last minute, and I have lots of real life stuff coming up. If it doesn't get finished by the deadline, I still anticipate publishing it within the month of December.

6 years ago

Many can write 1k words an hour. I've written an ~4/8 storygame in just two. I'm pretty sure you could if you wanted to (unless you write in Morse code and send that to a child who only speaks Cantonese).

6 years ago

Only a few more days left in this contest and what the hell is this guy doing?

http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=AzurasWisdom

6 years ago
@AzurasWisdom this is the moment you've been waiting for all your life

6 years ago

This guy should feel pretty inclusive too haha!

http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=Kitten226

6 years ago

Okay, calling this a day early since I feel like it.

Unsurprisingly Mizal won and she finally gets her name crossed out from the Big Book of Grudges along with 100 points and her story featured.

Also she told me privately “Oh please End Sama, I want your great big magnificent trophy in my profile!”

So I assure everyone that I didn’t abuse my position of power, this is all totally consensual and my trophy wasn’t just thrust into her profile unwillingly.

Would have given it a little sooner, but I figured I’d wait until after the contest was over to award all the warm and fuzzies. (Points, featuring, etc)

Wibbons doesn’t get anything except the smug satisfaction that his parody train story is currently doing a lot better than the original story he was parodying. So much so that his story is still up while the other has been taken down due to low ratings.

Anyway congrats, you've both proven to be a true supporter to sexual degeneracy the LGBT cause.

6 years ago
Wow I knew I had to be suddenly up at 1AM wide awake for a reason. Apparently it was because I somehow sensed your great big magnificent trophy arriving at my profile. Thank you End-sama, I will cherish it forever etc.

Featuring is pretty sweet too even if I did sort of like that one mine replaced. Hopefully it is the first of many; now that I am all smug in my victory I think my chaos comp and superhero stories could also be contenders if I can only ever actually finish them. The extra reviews reaped by a permanent spot on the main page will fuel additional writing, huzzah!

Well anyway I've got an extra hour before work now so I'm going to go work on my story while I'm still all inspired and motivated and stuff and hopefully this high lasts the rest of the week.

6 years ago

I am flabbergasted that my storygame didn't win. I am so insulted. You are not inclusive enough because I deserve a participation trophy (with a skull). Despite the fact that I lost to 100% of the participants, I did beat the other 45,577 members of this site which puts me in the top 99.996% of the contest. Y u so meen?

In all seriousness, I'm surprised that the storygame I toiled over for 150 minutes even is sitting above a 3/8. It's purpose was (mostly) to ensure Mizal won an actual contest instead of her winning because everybody here is so lazy. I'm also leaving it up because of some PM's I've got (especially one telling me I was cruel). 

Onto important matters, woo hoo! Mizal not only attain EM's trophy, but she also earned her first (of hopefully many) featured storygames. Hopefully, many newbs will one day click on some featured L&D storygame only to read about necrophilia instead. :)

6 years ago
/ Hopefully, many newbs will one day click on some featured L&D storygame only to read about necrophilia instead. :) /

One of many beautiful things about this situation. I almost regret that I didn't put pictures of dreamy anime prettyboys on the front page to further confuse readers.

It's great that you're getting PMs over yours. I haven't managed that yet even with the date rape story. Something else to strive for.

But in all seriousness I will be aiming to get two full sized stories featured in 2018. Suddenly I have two very sought after trophies and I feel like I really should be doing a little more in the writing department to justify them.

And it is true that your story had far more options for inclusivity than mine did so that was an odd oversight on the judge's part. There are a whole lot of bisexual furries, Asian lesbians and so on out there, while my story can only appeal to gay necrophiliacs.

6 years ago

I am oddly proud of my three references to users, reference to CoG, reference to a rather odd CYS thread several months back, and reference to Malk's storygame. Perhaps I should reevaluate I am proud over. (For example, one should be very proud to earn user's trophies.)

6 years ago

Sorry I missed the deadline. I hit an upswing, energy-wise, and I wasn't gonna waste that on a shitty Dating While Trans empathy game. Even one with cute monstergirls. As for my hopefully less-shitty ideas... well, you may see them in some form, eventually. Don't hold your breath, obviously. ;P

So, yes: congrats Mizal! Sorry to have failed to legitimize your inevitable victory. XD

6 years ago
Apology accepted and it's okay Morgan, I'm quite used to sheer, unrelenting and constant disappointment from everyone on the site by now.

6 years ago

If only my stories wrote themselves I would be less disappointing(?)

6 years ago
I patiently waited on someone to develop the technology for this for years and years. At this point I fear it's just never going to happen and so I've grudgingly begun writing them myself.

6 years ago

:( Someday, don't give up hope yet. But in the meantime, I guess I will have to write manually to avoid disappointing everything and everyone around me.