Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello everyone! :)

6 years ago

I'm just joined (signed up) this site!

Any tips to begin with?

6 years ago

Hello and welcome!

I'll give the same advice I gave someone else earlier; please do read the top-ranked storygames on the site! It'll help you figure out what sort of stuff people like the best! ^^

6 years ago

Ok!

Thank you!

6 years ago

Hello. I'd suggest clicking through the Help & Info section and learn about the site and all its features.

6 years ago

I did that and readed, anyway I am writing a new story, I hope this will rate min 4-5/8.

6 years ago

In the spirit of repeating ourselves, here: 

Tips are simple, the featured Storygames are good, although there's a lot of great stuff that isn't featured, so delve under the surface for the better rated storygames in any category you like. 5 or 6 up is usually pretty good. If you're writing something, don't neglect the worse rated games. They might not be as enjoyable, but reading the best games of the site won't teach you about the potential pitfalls that can emerge in writing. Will11 has two pretty good storygames on errors, though, look at those.

The forums are a dark and dangerous place. Don't be annoying, don't get upset and stand your ground, and you should be fine.

The Help and Info section is very hit and miss. Some articles are quite enlightening, some are mediocre at best, and some aren't even worth glancing at. Honestly, unless you're going to do some scripting or a lot of advanced editor, you could give it a miss.

6 years ago

Thank you!

(I will watch out the forum a little bit)

6 years ago

Welcome to CYS!

You should read Through Time, a personal favorite. I also recomend reading other Storygames before writing your own.

6 years ago

Ok!

Thank you! ;)

6 years ago
Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your time here.

6 years ago

Thanks!

I am also, hope you enjoy the time here!

6 years ago

Hello and welcome! If you have any questions or concerns, just PM me and I'll help you. Enjoy your time here in CYStia. 

6 years ago

Thank you!

I hope you enjoy too!

6 years ago
Yo