Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Orders: A Possible Story Launch

6 years ago

As the title suggests, I’m thinking about doing a storygame featuring the Orders. Before I commit myself, however, I have a few questions to the general public of Cystia. 

If I were to do this, would it better to go full tilt and make it not just about the Orders, but also about sit members? 

If not, then would the complete opposite be preferable? Meaning I would be taking the Orders and putting them in their own fantasy world that has no relationship to the site at all. (Although, I’m sure I’d find a few spots for cameos)

What about allowing for the reader to choose to be in any of the Orders as a would be “new member?” 

All in all, what would all of you Cystians like to see for an Order storygame? 

6 years ago
You could use site members and aspects of the site and still set it in a fantasy world, that's always been the idea behind the Kingdom of Cystia and Council of Nine stuff.

Once you commit to including site members however you'll want to be thorough and have something recognizable about each; any regulars left out will be grievously offended.

6 years ago
I thought I remembered writing something about the Orders but I guess they just get a brief mention here.