Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
@Mizal
@Romulus
@TharaApples
@WouldntItBeNice

Open to All of CYS!

BZ's Glorious Mustache Trophy to the Winner! (Or a 100 XP Bonus if you already have it)

200, 150, 100, 50 XP Prizes (depending on how far you get).

---

Sorry, I've already said to much! CYS Illuminate prevents any further clues.

Good Luck!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Woah, umm do we get anymore details by any chance? :o 

I am of course quite interested in this. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Not unless everyone gets stumped before anyone actually figures out the first clue.

Madglee tried one of these once, but it was so crazy-out-there, that no one even knew about it, till long after he left for a while and came back. I don't think it was ever solved either.

Hopefully, this one will be a little more doable.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Oh boy, this seems it could get a bit difficult. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I don't know if I should praise you for this opportunity or curse you for it. :)
I think I may have figured out barely something  in your scheme of themes, but I'm mostly metaphorically banging my head into a brick wall.

EDIT: Are we supposed to solo these or is teaming (or at least info sharing) fine by the rules. I wish everyone good fortune!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Will we know when we found it? like a bit red sign that says "congratulations you found it"

clever.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I see what I guess are some clues, but I'm a bit distracted right now and also it's like being good at figuring this sort of thing out represents a skill I never knew existed until I suddenly discovered I was bad at it.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Obviously the answer is a grapefruit!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

If this was your contest, then I'd bet it would be. :)

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Well, it sort of depends what you plan on doing with said grapefruit haha!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

So the correct answer to your riddle is: "Stuff it down the throat of people who make me waste my time with treasure hunts for internet points"?

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I'm sure end can think of a few more interesting places to actually stuff a grapefruit haha!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
This is embarrassing, I'm not even sure if I have the first two clues right and the third is still stumping me.

Are there further clues? I'm assuming yes. Anyone had any luck yet finding more?

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
stuck on second and unsure of first.

90% sure the first clue is a numerical cypher of the post but that's all I'm willing to share with the general site.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Okay well now I'm not even sure if what I was considering to be the first clue is even the first clue.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I feel stupid, but I really can't seem to figure this one out. I mean, I think I have some clues, but I've got no idea what they mean.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I'm absolutely sure on two numbers. I'm fairly certain they are a part of a larger set of numbers. If I'm correct so far then it's likely a set of five digits.

then again I could be completely wrong in the number based cipher.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Well fwiw that's not the approach I was taking at all, my first assumption was that I was on a hunt to locate a new set of clues somewhere.

But I couldn't find any and also I already have BZ's trophy so this is not as pressing for me.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
2/4 people he tagged have his trophy already and 4/4 don't need 100 extra points for any reason.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I had the same initial theory as Ford, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm going with the whole path-following thingy as well. 

Anyhow, I've got the trophy as well, and it is getting kinda late over here, so I think I'll call it a day. Unless someone posts an awesome hint within the next hour or so.

Oh, though I'm pretty sure about the last one.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
That was my initial theory. The first thing I did was look at the source code for BZ's profile and the post but the next thing I did was I used Chanbot to webscrape google for everything I could think of and filtered to only include the site. Roughly 500 threads, comment pages, storygames, etc total including anything from the spelling of certain words in the OP to the members names, a bunch of words like clue and congratulations, and any relevant thread where BZ got no reply (thus able to edit his posts - though the flaw here is he's an admin and can edit whatever post he wants). There was nothing of note from this method. So I asked my mother who studies cryptography and does a bunch of cryptogram puzzles and plays a bunch of cipher games to come look at the text of the message. She looked and wrote down some stuff and I told her the context and what the acronyms mean etc and she said it's likely that the message translates into a set of numbers.

I've been looking for numbers and clues for a while and I've gotten sort of far. I'll release a little bit excluding the stuff I got in the last hour-ish:

@Mizal // 5 | tags are in alphabetical and length order
@Romulus // 7 | all are recognizable members of the site
@TharaApples // 11
@WouldntItBeNice // 15

Open to All of CYS! // All : clues are hidden outside of forums and may be on any webpage of the site

BZ's Glorious Mustache Trophy to the Winner! (Or a 100 XP Bonus if you already have it) // the Winner : single winner | capitalized Bonus | missing period | none of those tagged have any reason to gain a mere 100xp and 2 of them already have the trophy.

200, 150, 100, 50 XP Prizes (depending on how far you get). // at least 4 stages + end making 5 total | capitalized Prizes

--- // 3 | could denote separation of clues | could mean clue begins at this line

Sorry, I've already said to much! CYS Illuminate prevents any further clues. // "to" spelt wrong (*too) number: 2 | "Illuminate" spelt wrong (*Illuminati) e is to i where I is the roman numeral for 1 (could also be number 9 in alphabet) | Illuminate is to light up an area. A light?

Good Luck! // clue(s) possibly rely on luck.

That's what I got excluding some newer things I'm trying right now. If it's 5 digits or 7 digits it could be a thread ID or post ID respectively unless it's a really really really old thread/post. Now I feel like I've said too much lol. BD can probably guess what I'm doing right now just from these last two sentences.

Anyone else willing to share what they got? At least get us all started with the first clue?

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
You are either really overthinking this or none of us ever had a chance to begin with. :P

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
having fun either way lol

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I did wind up eventually overanalyzing the OP and the Illuminate thing seemed suspicious, although I never noticed the names being alphabetical or their length. I still think there could be some clue in there, but that wasn't the first set of clues I was looking at anyway.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
it's hard for me to believe that we're overestimating BZ's ability to spell things correctly. He had x amount of time to write the post and has a history of spelling words correctly.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I'm not sure if you're intentionally throwing everyone off, but I can't believe you haven't pointed out the bit more obvious clues yet.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
ah yes the obvious ones. the ones everyone has already as soon as they look at the post. those ones. I figured they weren't worth mentioning. How about you list those obvious ones since they're so obvious?

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Yeah I was wondering that too lol. Might be a bit unfair that no one else but the four listed would have had it directly brought to their attention, but it still seems a major oversight unless he's messing with us.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Ha! That would be a nice double bluff. Though Madglee did the same trick for his treasure hunt.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
God I hope he did miss them and has been running around in circles literally without a clue this entire time...

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Haha. Anyhow, I think he already has a clue now. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Dang, this is pretty interesting.

In my humble opinion, '---' is totally 0.
If you search 'Illuminate' across the forums, the first message that pops up was posted by 'Zero'.
Zero has JJJ-thebanisher's trophy, JJJ-thebanisher has BZ's trophy 'Thanks for the awesome site update'. If you search updates forum between Zero's last online date, and the date that JJJ got BZ's trophy... well...

Anyway I am struggling to search for the proper thing due to lag on my end, so I'll stop following misleading trails. xD

P.S. EDIT. Pretty sure the answer is to just click BZ's profile, after all there is a picture of his trophy right there, even ignoring the one he has himself.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I think Romulus and I gave you a pretty good clue already.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
oh. I thought you guys went off to make fun of me so I didn't bother reading the posts lol.

Edit:: still don't see the clue. am I supposed to have a memory in order to get it? cause I have no memory and also I'm not super active in the kinds of threads all four of you would be in.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Well yeah, we were also making fun of you. Anyhow, I'm not even that active on the forums, so a relevant thread with all four of us will probably be difficult to find. Anyhow, I would have missed both this thread and the (possible) hints if they weren't brought directly to my attention. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
please use more clear words I am only a retarded 5 year old. what do you mean by directly brought to your attention? I'm not any of the four who were tagged so I have no insight to what any of you mean.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I'm not going to Point you in any further direction, as I don't really know how strict Berka is about sharing progress and such. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Interesting.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Yeah, sorry, am on mobile. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
It has to do with the way the site works, you know, sometimes it wants you to notice things beyond just tagging.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
nigga hwat? how the fuck would anyone else know? If it's just for you four then this is solely a competition between you four. Where is the artwork? How come none of you have made teams of ships yet? I'm disappointed.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I feel like Romulus and I had good points, but maybe you also have a point.

...no wait, never mind I guess you don't.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Dude are you serious.

Don't you remember the 20170007 additions.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
>implying I read threads at all
>implying I have a memory when I just said I don't have a memory

Edit:: >implying this doesn't give a massive headstart to those four alone and literally leaves everyone else guessing for hours and grasping at nothing

I guess if all four are retarded and also 2 of them don't even need the main prize then it's a fair shot compared to everyone else. Can't believe BZ would lump Romulus with those others.

I feel disgusted with myself and frustrated I spent a good couple hours following nothing.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
The very mention of madglee in connection to this should have made it obvious where to look.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
you mentioning madglee now still doesn't make sense to me. what's special about madglee? his posts are oddly out in the left-field of extended topics and therefore his threads get no attention? I don't remember anything particular about madglee except he's a good admin and kind of odd here and there.

Threads like this make me glad I have a shit memory all around. Given a month or two I'll forget all of this and I can go back to feeling like I'm not completely incompetent.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
The four of us tagged all became aware of something being done even before the thread was created.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
great. I wasn't here for it so...looks like you four have the advantage. Go for gold. Make teams. HWITE SAIL!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

So, some Clarification - Top Points (200, 150, 100) go to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to PM me the answer (and Yes, there is a sign, saying "Congrats you win," etc...). The 50 Points go to anyone (and all) after the top 3 that PMs me the correct answer.

You can work together or alone, but the order I receive correct PMs as time Date stamped will determine top winners.

So yes, you can say this is all about the XPs!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Okay everyone, please forward all hints and tips to my inbox.

It's important that we all come together with the sole goal of ensuring my victory. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
What's hilarious is I just remembered (using memories, which thankfully I have) that recently in another thread Ford spelled out how useless he'd be at this, because he doesn't like to click or look at things. I'll choose to think of this as you deliberately exploiting his weak point.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I'm not really looking to win anything, but this seems fun.

---

BZ's EDIT - CENSORED *SNIP SNIP!

PM CrashAndDive for the first clues if you need to. He spotted them right quick!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Sure, just go ahead and waste all of our subtle hints for Ford.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

That's what he was stuck on? I mean, I found that in 3 minutes, and he had all that complex mathmatical stuff going on there. I thought that was pretty much common knowledge already. 

Anyway, I was in the middle of editing my post and making it not-so-obvious

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
IDK maybe if you'd read the thread...

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I'm willing to edit the post, if you want, but I don't think it's that big a deal.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
To Ford it obviously was, but I'd be surprised if he hasn't already seen it. Oh well, fun watching him freak out while it lasted. :P

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Since everyone else seems to think it is, it would be nice as a damage control. ^^' Sorry. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Done :)

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
WTF do you even do on this site besides being a fun-hating faggot who ruins things, please refresh my memory.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

The fun is ruined. Go home everyone. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Nah, that's just the start. There's more haha!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I'm actually wondering, has anyone solved it yet?

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Nah.

I'll announce winners and post a detailed explanation of the solution in this thread, after we actually get some winners - or the thing withers and dies for being way too complicated haha!

I was hoping it would at least take a full day or two to get through though. I'd be super impressed and humbled by anyone solving it in less than a day.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
They've had 7 hours (even on-off) and still nothing? My incompetence sickens me to no end. I can literally feel the painful disgust in myself.

I will admit that I was stalling and playing dumb after I posted the meme. But even so I went that long wading around in a swamp of nothing simply because I went the wrong way at the start. Gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Please tell me you didn't just log in, having not seen the glaring clue reveal that was posted above up till just a few minutes ago... XD

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Down Three
Correction: Down Two
I blame autocorrect!
CC

I had them when I posted the meme a couple hours ago. I was baiting after that. Still utterly disgusted that it took me so long. Hate the way you set it up in the first place. Debating whether to continue after all the frustration and disappointment it's already caused me. Everyone has them now you may as well post them in the thread yourself tbh.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Ah, OK then.

Wasn't my intention to create a headache inducing puzzle though (just a genuinly challenging one). At any rate, anyone who sticks around through the slog will get a minimum of 50 points out of it, so there's that at least.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Really if you ask me, it's what you deserve for starting off using a bot to do everything for you anyhow. And then going from there to complaining about 'unfair advantages' lol.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I complained because I thought the people with the advantages would be competent enough to use them to get a head start and ensure no one else could effectively use them. (none of you even started spam rating games or duelling cysid to slow others down like who gets a golden egg from god and doesn't hide it???)

Guess I was wrong which makes me feel even more shit about myself because even with the knowledge and foresight you had from the beginning you still haven't got anywhere; and I am lesser to you so it's like being at the bottom of the landfill.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I figured that this could only get more painfully fun. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
You betcha! ^v^

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

You penguins and your sick games. Though to be fair if I didn't have your trophy already I would be like a dog on the hunt with this game.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Mizal is the first one, so let's analyze. Berka wanted to draw attention to her points. She has 2,000+ points. The first digit in her points is 2. Her profile picture is wearing 3 menstrual pads made of flesh on the back of her neck. 3. Two down from the first clue that Berka did, she only got one point for rating that game.

2, 3, 1, is the order you're supposed to hit those dungeon nut-throwers in that 90s weeb game about the green child, Legendary Zelda and the Macarana of Spice. Legendary Zelda is an Asian game about stealing triangles. What else is Chinese, involves a lot of numbers, and steals triangles? The Triads.

Romulus is a cock who used to rule this weird and dumb diplomatic utopia on another site. Cock has four letters. Four is the amount of things that Berka provided. And ALSO the amount of people. Coincidence? Romulus is an anagram for Mor Ulu, S. Who is S? Obviously SATAN. We can therefore infer that the Ulu is the devil's instrument: The Otomatone. An Otomatone is most often shone as a white thing with a round bald head. What else is a white thing with a round bald head, but the Common Racist?

The aforementioned Triads come into play here. Their symbol for punishment is the Meat Cleaver. BerkaZerka is the Mad Banner, and in his profile picture the Hammer of Punishment is a prominent symbol. Therefore the first step of the Scavenger Hunt must be to chop off a Racist's cock with a meat cleaver.

Applefucker is a fucking witch, so we have to dig into old witchy lore to truly understand Berka's intentions here. Her profile picture is of this bizarre lesbian elf child. She makes EVIL beverages and EVIL pastries. Elves are known to be tiny little shits that make things like shoes, drinks, and pastries. Do two of those things sound familiar? Therefore the Appled One is an evil elf, just like Mizal. UNLESS Thara is the floating Kangaroo thing next to the elf child, which means she is floating around pestering the evil elf, which sounds a lot more likely. Who floats over the Triads' shoulders and pesters them? The CIA. The CIA is also evil.

She has 5 trophies. 5 is the number of off-torso appendages a voodoo doll has. (Arms, Legs, Head.) If you offer the racist cock to The Spirits via voodoo doll, they will provide you with the first half of the true riddle, then you have to PM Wibbons and pester her until she tells you the other half of the riddle. Preferably with a lot of spamming, bumping the message once every half a minute with "Hey." "Hey." "Hey." "Hey.". Basically, one "Hey" for every person that was tagged. Preferably everyone should do this at the same time, so that we are all in a completely linear relation to time and space. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

"This weird and dumb diplomatic utopia". Oh boohoo, you just couldn't stand that my country was better than yours in nearly every aspect.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I was completely the best! Nothing negative counted because we were transhumans, and the census takers were racists who only ever counted the primitive biological peasants, so it looked like a third-world shithole. YOUR country on the other hand was populated entirely not only by People, but by SCANDINAVIAN HIPPIES, and we all know those are basically the damn dirty Elves of Real Life!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Ok, I'm at a loss. I have 20 dollars and a half-eaten bag of candy corn as bribe for clues.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Ooo, candy corn. 

Do you mean that half of the candy corn was eaten and the other half untouched, or did you just bite off half of every one of them?

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Thank you!
I ate 1/4th in its entirety, then I ate 1/2 of two 1/4ths, if you so desire to know. ;p

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Is this like the good kind of candy corn with like actual flavoring, or is it that shitty off-brand stuff made out of wax and baby powder?

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
All candy corn deserves to be loved.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

If it's not good candy corn, then it isn't candy corn. It's shit that doesn't deserve my love and affection!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I hope your heart grows at least three sizes this Christmas. :p

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Saying all candy corn deserves love is like saying all humans deserve love. It's clearly not true! Some humans are Nazis, or cannibals, or rapists, or rapist cannibal Nazis.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Such a rapid growth in a short timespan would severely disrupt his blood-circulation, and would most probably kill him.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I think that's the point. She's a psychopathic murderer you see. Kills people with dessert!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
If that was true, you'd be dead by now, Monsieur Tinfoil Hat. :P

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I don't wear tinfoil hats.  I wear wonderful Holiday Cheer Hats.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

You should try tinfoil hats out, and then post a picture with you wearing it! Everyone will love it! This guy did it-https://werunandride.com/2015/07/21/the-real-men-in-the-tinfoil-hats/

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
You can hide a lot of things under a Santa hat.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Any commonly hidden things under a Santa hat? I wounder if there's an actual list of that... Most likely not.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
I just made a very interesting discovery...

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Thank you for sharing... ;|

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

You were supposed to learn about that in health class.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
So if you guys had to enter in a 4 digit number somewhere on the site, where would you do it? Asking for a friend.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

The comment box.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
4 digits? no where really... 5 digits could be a pic ID or thread ID. 4 could be a year or some sort of date like mm/dd. 4 digit PIN? a game with a code? A username needs minimum 4 letters/numbers.

Edit: Ah. Found it. [Enter the 4 digits here]

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Do you enter it in the upper box or the under box?

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
upper preferred but just to be safe I'd say enter it in both

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
k pack it in guys nice try but I just solved puzzle :3

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
That was fun though we should do this again

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
CONFIRMED! Mizal is our 1st Place WINNER!

Still more XPs to give away though. Good nite!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
yay I'm smart

I didn't even figure out what Down 2 meant until afterwards, just narrowed it down in other ways while using LOGIC and the powers of tedium.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

This is too much for my feeble mind to handle. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
parlor room walkthrough when

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Well since I was tagged I'm just going to assume that means Berka might be considering give me a trophy or something. I'll see if there's something else I can probably do... unless I was just used as a hint, then I would just feel so used and abused. aye :/

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
To be fair, even if you were used, you got 1 shiny exp point to show for it.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I guess that dulls the pai-- arghhhh. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Bitch you don't need more points.

I gave Zake a hint since he's clearly the underdog here and he's filling my inbox with desperate speculation now, it's great.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

You didn't even need the trophy! :( 

Is this because of the tape situation in the cell of disappointment? I said sorry, I was lonely and needed a friend. 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I'd argue that Mizal really missed a perfect opportunity to troll Steve, by telling you the answer so you'd get Berka's trophy.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Damn, this wouldn't have been a bad idea. But it's too late now.

I can't believe no one else has found the numbers yet. That part's nothing compared to figuring out what to do with them.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

To be fair, finding the numbers isn't that easy. There is quite a lot of ways to go about trying to use the previous clues.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

Okay, I fucking give up. After reading everyone's clues that they shared, my mind has gone off track... 

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
it's that way ---->

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
And Zake Officially Wins 2nd Place!

All that is left now, is for folks to bombard the two victors with PMs requesting hints and/or the answer (so they can PM it to me before all the rest do) haha!

100 XP to be won, plus an easy 50 XP for all the rest who by hook or crook PM me the answer by Monday. ^v^

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
So between this, End's children's story contest, and the LGBTOMGWTFBBQ one (assuming I get 200 points there too) I almost have enough to take that 1000 point hit without tears when Jan 1st rolls around.

...almost. ;-; (good thing that's not going to happen)

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago
Oh, and I'll post a Walkthrough of the clues tomorrow. That will be the Official cut-off for the Contest.

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I can't wait to see the solution and then kick myself multiple times!

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt

6 years ago

I am so, so confused. I have no idea what is happening. The thoughts by certain people in this thread *cough* Ford *cough* are further confusing things.

Solution

6 years ago

CYS Treasure/Trophy Hunt Solution

---

So, the OP tagged four people, but the Contest was open to All. That was supposed to be a Clue to go look at the four members tagged, specifically their XP History.

I also meant to bold the word 'XP' in the OP, but didn't want to screw up the tags with html somehow, so I threw the XP Clue in a following post with this: "So yes, you can say this is all about the XPs!"

---

Looking at the tagged Members' XP Histories in order, shows a recent Admin Award on each of them as follows:

Mizal: 2 Points for "Down Three" & 2 Points for "Correction: Down Two"
Romulus: 4 Points for "I blame autocorrect!"
TharaApples: 1 Point for "CC"
WouldntItBeNice: 3 Points for "#13"

Note that on Mizal's, I made a mistake with the first entry, so I had to correct it - meaning we ignore the "Down Three" entry.

The Point Value shows the Order to arrange the Clues, giving you:

1. CC
2. Down Two
4. I blame autocorrect!

Trial and error reveals the meaning of the Clues to be:

Creative Corner
Down Two Levels (via Older Messages Button)

In that Level, there is an old thread called BZ's Logic Puzzle for Points (while supplies last).

Clicking in there you will find the 13th Post which reads:

"I blame autocorrect!

---

ABCD × E = DCBA

(Replace letters with digits and have the sum be true. A,B,C,D and E are all different digits.)

The real trick then, is then finding somewhere to enter in DCBA... Good Luck! ^v^"

The thread originally just said "I blame autocorrect!" But then I added all the rest.

---

So here, you have a classic math puzzle to get a four digit pin number.

You could figure it out like the brilliant detective that you are - or, given how common this one really is, just google the answer.

The answer [redacted] must then be entered somewhere on the site to continue.

Where would such a number be entered?

---

In my Profile, there is a Sneak Peek game titled: "Five Pin Code"

The description even says: "The following is a 'How To It Guide,' for building a Five Pin Pass Code into your game for the purpose of pass-coding Unlockables, Game Sequels, or the like."

Playing through the game, takes you to a section at the end where you can try entering a 5 digit pin number to see how the tutorial works in action.

There, you enter the 4 digit pin number you got from the math puzzle (leading with a zero, because it's an input for 5 digits, not 4).

Doing that takes you to the "Congratulations! You Win Page, with instructions on PMing me with the secret code phrase, all espionage spy-like.

---

Mizal figured it out all by herself, showing her superior intellect, and ease at which she can be distracted from writing haha!

Zake figured it out, by pestering the right person for a boatload of clues (again, that would be Mizal). XD

---

At any rate, thank you all for playing. I had fun trying to concoct a set of clues that would be challenging, yet something most folks could actually follow. Looks like I failed miserably though LOL!

The Hunt is Officially Over.

Solution

6 years ago

Darn it, it had it all except for the correct numbers, cause I thought you meant one of the old writing prompt threads. Which incidentally also has a whole autocorrect thingy. This was a lot of fun though, thanks for hosting!

Solution

6 years ago

Huh, cool. Well fuck it, glad I didn't try, there was never a chance in hell I was doing that.

Solution

6 years ago

Ah! I had everything, I even looked through the five digit code game, but I was so confused. I didn't think to lead it with a 0. 

Solution

6 years ago
/ and ease at which she can be distracted from writing haha!/

It's true. :(

Anyway, thanks for doing this! I think the difficulty level was about right. Might have been a mistake posting it on a weekend however as those are always so inexplicably dead around here.

Solution

6 years ago
And yeah I just looked at the math formula in hopeless despair for a couple of moments and then tabbed over to Google, and hey it worked!

Solution

6 years ago

Ohhhh. That was surprisingly fun despite me not actually thinking it up myself.

Solution

6 years ago
I interpreted "down 2" as the second thread in Creative Corner, hence my answer of space lesbians.

Clearly I had the better solution.

Did people actually figure out "down 2" meant to go back 2 pages, or did everyone that found the thread do so simply because they looked through CC until the found a Berka thread that made sense?

Solution

6 years ago

I initially had space lesbians too. Then I realised that there unfortunately wasn't such a game, went back two pages, and ended up at the wrong thread anyway.

Solution

6 years ago
Going back two pages was one of the first things I tried, but at this point I counted down thirteen threads and then got side tracked wondering if Down Two meant two /boards/ and whether Down Three was really an error or part of the puzzle.

If I'd only READ the threads I might have clicked the one by BZ that referenced both puzzles and points but alas I was on my phone while I was supposed to be doing other things and hadn't bothered zooming in.

I figured it couldn't be as simple as counting down two threads, because then anyone posting or making a new one would break that clue.

Solution

6 years ago
After I figured it out I even made a post with LOGIC in all caps as a nudge to anyone scouring the CC, but you all failed to pick up on it. Too bad.

And then on Sunday Ebon sent me some hilariously incorrect wild speculation and it was real hard not to straighten him out.

Solution

6 years ago

I see your logic in hindsight, but I'm quite sure I couldn't have done that on my own. Oh well, on to writing storygames!

Solution

6 years ago

This was extremely clever. Well done Mizal and Zake.. 

Solution

6 years ago

Awww I didn't even see this ;~; RIP Seto ever getting a trophy

Solution

6 years ago

Same feeling here mate. We two anime addicts can cry together in a corner, isolated from the world... 

Solution

6 years ago
Dini > Seto

Dini x Seto femdom fanfic when?

Solution

6 years ago

Are you shipping us? Ford, I already have someone else. xD

Seto's just my weeaboo friend.

Solution

6 years ago

It's called polygamy. Clearly, you're building a harem. Anyhow, I would've thought the bigger objection would be that Seto's gayer than Sicarius, so you're hardly his type. Unless you're a dude, I can never remember what the fuck's going on with all your shit.

Solution

6 years ago

*insert emo music here* x'D

Solution

6 years ago
I'm sorry but this is karma for you not being around much anymore.

But if you WERE to be as active as before you could probably earn one normally seeing how I got one somehow and Thara and Minnie are also contenders.

Solution

6 years ago

*sheds a tear* Somedayyy

Solution

6 years ago

Dammit, I was too late. Though, it would take me days to find it out (assuming I would)