Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

I haven't decided on a name for my storygame yet, but I generally don't choose a name until I'm about halfway done with a story so I'll keep you all updated when it comes to me. For now I'm beginning my outline. I'm excited to write a fairy tale like story, but nervous about incorporating a talking bear, an exotic fruit, a pagan festival, and a frozen river as main plot points in all paths of my story. I intend to try my best!  Good luck to all the other participants!

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
I don't think they're all necessarily required in every path. A less than glorious path may only have some of those aspects. Perhaps the hero makes a choice that makes it impossible for him to meet the talking bear and disaster comes as a consequence.

Or vice versa. In a twist, when all four plot points align, you get the worst ending, because the characters misinterpreted what would result.

Lots of possibilities, but don't feel hamstrung into having all four in every path unless you want to make that creative decision.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Again, it's all about wordplay. Fruit and bear are both terms for gay people. This can just be two gay pagans who have a prophecy that when the great river freezes the world will end, and then it freezes, and everyone's worried about meteors, but then it turns out there's a bunch of homophobic barbarians on the other side of the river that can now just march across and massacre them.

Done. You're welcome.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
This is funny. I really did want to see a story with a talking bear though ^_^

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
I want to see the bear frozen into the river as the result of a pagan pineapple festival that goes horribly wrong!

Have fun, Orange!

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

I'm currently trying to survive dead week so writing isn't going along too well right now, but I'll definitely pick up after finals. I'm still working on mapping out the story and believe there will be two, possible three, main paths. The protagonist is a slightly insane royal traversing through a slightly insane world with the help of none other than his new companion, a bear.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

That sounds adorable. "none other than his new companion, a bear"

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
Is it a bare bear? Or does he have a fancy hat?

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

More of a bare necessities bear.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Who cares? It's a bear! :D

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
I really hope the bear has a colorful hat.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Since I don't have the history to know this, I have to ask, did you have a bear as your avatar before you had that prompt assigned to you, or is the bear in honor of your prompt? :)

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

I had the bear avatar before the prompt because Hatter's daughter drew it for me. I wonder if Bucky added the talking bear due to my avatar, hmm. 

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

That could be entirely possible.  Either way, it's a cute bear, but I just had to know. :D

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
Mystery Box is different for everyone who opens it.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

So uhhh I'm still at zero pages but I have an excuse a reason. It's finals week and uhh generic excuse. Despite my failures, I have completed the outline...somewhat. I can assure everyone that my storygame will include, but is not limited to: a slightly insane king, a horribly unfunny jester, a tigress named Mittens, and a grizzly bear with a short temper and a tall hat.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

*puts a flower in the bear's hat*

I wish you luck.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

*steals the bear*

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Alright, so I finally wrote the first page. Cue the applause for finally starting halfway through the contest. I've also chosen a name so yay? I (probably) will call it 'A Foolish King and Noble Jester.' Kinda lame, but it does the job.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
*applause

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
Woo-Hoo!

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Oh no! I just realized that Spartacus' story is called The Noble Jester. Welp, I'll think of a new name, sorry Spartacus, my bad.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Uh...great minds think alike?

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

More like great minds think of original titles and fruit filled minds subconsciously read said titles and believe them to be an original thought of their own making.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

There's a word for that, but I can't remember what it is. :)

I wonder what a fruit filled mind would feel like.  Hmmm.  I must ponder this.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
mmMMmmm.... Fruity...

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Oranges! :D

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

If you want to use it go ahead, I just used that as a placeholder and it's not the final title. 

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

So I'm still only have one page but I thought of another name so there's that.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Wordcount?

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

As small as my dick.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
For those who don't get the joke: Orange has a massive futa schlong between her legs.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

That didn't make much sense.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

What's the new title?

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

The Mischievous Monarch and his Merry Men. I never said it was a good title.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Ahahaha. That's a very fairy-tale-y title

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

"I must protest Captain; I am not a merry man."

I actually like the title.  I love me some good alliteration.  You could definitely do much worse.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

So I actually started writing and got about halfway through my story in the last few days. There's a lot of family around so writing about insane people is keeping me sane. 

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Ayy. :D *highfives*

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

I feel you there.  I often have family invasions.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

I'm going to be invading my relatives' house tomorrow haha. xD

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

So I haven't posted in a while mostly because there's been no progress. Honestly, this extension just gave me an excuse to be even lazier than usual.

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago
which is often the consequence of an extension to any deadline anywhere in life

Orange's Fairy Tale

6 years ago

I know right. I wasted last week.