Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Multiple Items

6 years ago

Is there a way to have one item but able to pick it up multiple times at different types? Like you use, and then 5 pages later you can get the same item again. I just started using scripts and wondered if it was possible.

Multiple Items

6 years ago

Check the article talking about ITEMSTATEs. Pretty sure you can sort of do this, ie. reusing an item.

The issue is that I am pretty sure having the actual pick up image on page is going to be very difficult to achieve, if at all possible.
You'll probs find it easier to have links that modify items, such as changing ITEMSTATE w/ scripting.
Obviously tho, since you are using items instead of variables, you might not want that.

Can item uses just be used instead? That would simply this, but again you wouldn't be picking the item up multiple times.

Hence my suggestion to check the articles, pretty sure they explain a lot regarding items, but it has been a while since I last read it.

(Or you can also wait for someone else to show up and tell you).

TL;DR
Pretty sure what you want is either really hard to do or not possible at all. Check the articles (or wait for someone more knowledgeable to come by).

Multiple Items

6 years ago

Thanks for helping! I'll check out the articles

Multiple Items

6 years ago

Not sure if you figured it out yet, but depending on how much you want that item re-picking up to happen you could always have multiple items.

Here is a short example. Just one way of going about things, but tell me if that was pretty much what you were going for.

(Hardest part with this is keeping track of stuff w/ the same name. Can be worth having things with different names to start of, then renaming it all at the end after you made everything else).

Oh, this would be pretty tedious to do if you want it happening a lot, specially depending on how you want it branching (if at all) and what not.

Anyway I'm curious about this topic now, since there might be a simpler way that I'm missing.

Multiple Items

6 years ago

Sorry to bother you but the example didn't work. It took me to an error page.

Multiple Items

6 years ago
He may need to put it in sneak peek. (Unless it's the placeholder game with the weird name.)

Multiple Items

6 years ago

Thank you for participating in my test. Wanted to see if it would work without sneak preview since I was linking to the story (not the front page). Apologies for the inconvenience.

Anyways yeah, I changed it to sneak preview (as mizal suggested). Hopefully it works now.