Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Who's your favorite god or goddess from any mythology?

Favorite god?

6 years ago
Is there one that smites lazy threads?

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Whatever. Just a question, that's all.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

It was starting to get late. With work tomorrow, and an obscene amount of writing waiting on her plate for the weekend, Lazim decides that it's for the best to go ahead and get some rest. She could get back to her browsing of Choice of Games tomorrow. With great reluctance she removes her hand from the laptop's touch pad and rubs her eyes. With a yawn Lazim stands up and begins to walk away from the computer.

A few steps and a weak will later Lazim found herself seated right back into the seat, and before the computer. The iconic Choice of Games home screen shone before her eyes. It wasn't that she was addicted to the site, no, she was simply staying up for the greater good. For what if somebody made a thread asking for writing advice? She was the site's go to when it came to well-thought out, thorough critiques, and she wasn't one to slack in her responsibility. So, she stayed up.

An hour passed, and still no one required writing advice. The only thread still active this late at night was an incessant one called, "How to stop our fall into bigotry: A CYS hate thread." Lazim ignored it though, for it was bound to contain an insurmountable amount hate and uselessness. 

Yet, another hour passed and that golden thread asking for help didn't pop up. The fatigue was starting to get to her, and her thirst to post something was going unquenched. Therefore, she did something utterly out of character. 

A solemn sigh escaped her lips. "I'll just wait until the next thread is created," she thought. "And I'll post in it regardless of what the thread is about."

She waited in dreadful anticipation to see what the next thread would be about. The feeling of finally being able to post coupled with finally being able to go ot sleep would be amazing. She stared at he screen and waited, then waited, and waited some more, but still nothing popped up. Morning rays were beginning to pour in through the windows of the darkness soaked room, and it was then that Lazim began to despair. She feared she wouldn't be able to give feedback, or go to sleep before she went to work. 

Of course, it was then, when she didn't expect it to happen, that the next thread was created. Lazim never moved so fast in her life. She nearly broke the laptop's touchpad as she rushed to click the thread. Despite her absurd need to post in a thread, she failed to look at the title of the thread before opening it up and reading the opening message. 

From the user: TheRighteousGrapefruit - "Who's your favorite god or goddess from any mythology?"

She stared at the nearly blank message. "Was that it? Surely, there was more..." Lazim thought as she frantically opened and reopened the thread to see if she wasn't just hallucinating. In the heat of, and because of her fatigue, she even lifted up her laptop and looked under it to see if TheRighteousGrapefruit left a secret message under there. There wasn't. 

A heavy sigh breathed out of her. She wasted all of her precious sleep and feedback time just to see this measly sentence? for the first time in years Lazim felt anger surge through her veins, and she knew there had to be a way to get the feeling out somehow. 

From the user: Lazim - "Is there one that smites lazy threads?" 

Ha! That would surely show the peasant to make useless threads such as those. An eerie silence settled over her mind and room. What else was there to do now but sleep? Yet she stayed sitting in her comfy desk chair, for she unwittingly she brought a curious question to mind. Is there a god that smites lazy threads? She was actually kind of curious now, and there was only one friend she knew that might have the answer. Her only true friend. The one that got her through every high and low in her life. Google.

Is there a good that smites lazy threads? You wait eagerly for an answer.

Did you mean: EndMaster

Lazim's heart skipped a beat. Could there really be a god that held the key to her revenge upon, her most hated enemy, TheRighteousGrapefruit? 

Hesitantly, she clicked. 

___

"EndMaster. EndMaster. EndMaster. EndMaster." The chanting echoed through the now well lit study room. It was well into morning, and Lazim should have probably been at work, but she was doing something far more important. 

Mini flames sat atop several candles, which, not coincidentally, were organized into a circle. Within that circle was a pentagram drawn with blood, and within that, sat Lazim. Her eyes were shut, and she bowed her face to the floor as she chanted. 

The room began to darken amid the morning rays, and Lazim's chanting began to grow louder until she was nearly screaming. 

"ENDMASTER, ENDMASTER, ENDMASTER."

With a sudden climax of sound and shadow, the room darkened to a pitch black color. Lazim couldn't see anything when she rose from her kneeling position save the white artificial glow of her laptop screen. 

"Well, well. What do we have here?" The voice spoke from behind Lazim, and it she spun around to face it's owner. 

A reaper stood facing her. Scythe and black cloak, and every stereotypical reaper item adorned it. Fear cloaked Lazim's previous determination and she nearly broke the ritual right then, but she persevered. 

"I require your assistance, my liege, my king, my..." Lazim trailed off as she tried to think of another title. 

"Master." He readily supplied. 

"My Master. Something horrible has happened. A-A-A," Lazim stuttered, "A useless thread has been created." She spoke the words with reverential horror. Tears came to her eyes, and instead of continuing her explanation, she simply pointed to the computer screen on the other side of the room.

She watched as the reaper as he made his way across the room and looked at the laptop screen. 

"This is grave indeed." The reaper's voice solemn as he contemplated the situation. 

"So you'll be able to take care of it?" lazim asked hopefully. 

"Yes, but at a price."

"Anything master." 

"I'll first require your mother."

It was spoken with a seriousness that had no hint of joking in it. Lazim nodded. Her mother was getting old anyway. 

"Next I'll need your soul. You will then become my servant, and scourge the unworthy at my kingdom of Cystia."

Lazim nodded again. She expected that much, but it was worth it to enact her revenge. 

"Lastly, I require you to change your name in your frolicking on the internet."

Lazim hadn't expected that one, but it was still a worthy price. 

"I now dub thee, mizal. Scourge of Cystia, and there is one more thing that will help you strike fear into the hearts of the unworthy."

"Yes anything, master. 

Your name, mizal, will now and forever be spelled with a lowercase 'm.' "

Maniacal laughter filled the air and the reaper, and the thread along with it dissapeared leaving mizal brokenhearted on the floor of the room. Cursed to forever bear the lowercase letter, mizal immediately regretted the deal. 

But it was too late.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

This is amazing. Thank You.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
Actually, these days I consider the lowercase m to be 3J's fault. I don't care how hard he claimed it would be, he could fix it if he wanted to! Do I need to hire someone to hack the site just to change one letter, because dammit I will.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
Mizal, Goddess of the moon. Unfortunately, all texts on the subject were lost in the alleged dragon cataclysm.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

I grew up with a lot of norse mythology stories, so probably either Þór (Thor) or Týr.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Quetzalcoatl. Aztecs know how to have a crazy fucking pantheon 

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Jesus!

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Lol.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
I'd like to assume this is Orange's alt but the answer is probably far less interesting. Although nothing but disappointment either way tbh because I'd have expected a bit more effort put in even from the likes of her.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Mictlantecuhtli

And any particular reason why you're going by EvilOrange rather than lanky anymore?

Favorite god?

6 years ago

I guess I just wanted a change. I wasn't proud of what I did before.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
If it helps: nobody else is proud of you either.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
Refresh my memory on what you did that was worth being proud or not proud of? You've not distinguished yourself from the teeming faceless mass at all so far and really considering some of the noobs we put up with that's not at all a bad thing.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Honestly, I only know them for doing two things.

A prompt of making "normal" things scary.

I actually had a story in the works about a frilly, pink dress that was cursed.

Second thing  I remember them for was some thing about how to kill their character's mom or something.

~>I chose choking on a chicken bone

Favorite god?

6 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/member/?Username=lanky

I looked over the profile and some posts and lanky really didn’t do anything major that would be considered embarrassing for this place.

I mean having a scantily clad anime girl for an avatar is pretty standard.

In any case, she can let me know if she wants to continue with this account or the old one, since one of them will be axed.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
If she's willing to study and really embrace being the evil Orange I say keep this one.

Have I mentioned before that Orange is boring? Because man, she really is. Only semi-regular I can think of without a single personality trait. 'Evil' is at least a start.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
When she's pissed Orange gets pretty interesting.

Otherwise she is literally just a jewish accountant in training and the only thing unique about her is the plain white bread flavor of her personality.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
Is she at least greedy? Seems like she should be.

Favorite god?

6 years ago
She made me cough up $10 just to get her nudes so I'd say she's pretty fkn greedy.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

I only have one lord, and his name is @EndMaster

Favorite god?

6 years ago

@Kaiistove is worshipping End as well. I don't know how I feel about this. 

Favorite god?

6 years ago

With how quick he was to ban you last time I'm surprised by that. But I guess he ended up giving you points for that anyway. 

I hope to see you continue to keep this up however. :)

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Obviously the best god is Yeezus.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

As a straight answer, I've always been partial to Athena, Goddess of Wisdom.

But Mynoris ranks up there, or I wouldn't use her name. ;)

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Probably Týr.

My man got his hand chomped off for the greater good.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Satan/Lucifer.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Whoa, Lucifer?! Shit, man, I nearly sliced open my hand at the edginess.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Lucifer isn’t a proper god anyway, he’s just a fallen angel.

Probably should have went with someone like Set.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Or Angra :D

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Or Hel.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Well he's god-like, is he not? He's similar to Loki in Norse mythology and Hades in Greek, both are gods.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Christianity, Judaism and Islam don't refer to Satan as a god, and they're Monotheistic religions. Loki and Hades are actually Gods, they're just at best, antagonistic Gods. Hell, Hades isn't even that. Dude's pretty cool in comparison to the other Gods.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

That's unfortunate because Christianity has some pretty decent characters among the angels.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Don't know what that has to do with anything, but I don't care.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Why bring Hades into this? Hades is an actual god ;~;

~>and Loki, while numbered among the aesir, is technically not a god *feels sad*

Favorite god?

6 years ago

I looked this up, and the first sentence on wikipedia is "In Nordic mythology, Loki is a God." I'm pretty sure you're wrong, anyhow. Odin's an aesir, he's still a God.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Like I said, technically not a god. Emphasis on technically.

Since the ones that are "gods" would be the Aesir (and Vanirs), while Loki is a frost giant.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Just looked this up a little. Would that even matter? It said that the Aesirs and Vanirs were tribes of gods. Wouldn't being a god simply mean inclusion in the tribe, regardless of your origin? I found that Loki's father was a giant, nothing about him being a frost giant, however. I'm sure Marvel just added that part in.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki? 
"In Norse mythologyLoki (Anglicized (/'lo?ki/)), Old NorseLoptr, or Hveðrungr is a god. Loki is the son of Fárbauti and Laufey, and the brother of Helblindi and Býleistr. By the jötunn Angrboða, Loki is the father of Hel, the wolf Fenrir, and the world serpent Jörmungandr. By his wife Sigyn, Loki is the father of Narfi and/or Nari. By the stallion Svaðilfari, Loki is the mother—giving birth in the form of a mare—to the eight-legged horse Sleipnir. In addition, Loki is referred to as the father of Váli in Prose Edda, though this source also refers to Odin as the father of Váli twice, and Váli is found mentioned as a Son of Loki only once."

In norse mythology, Laufey is talked about with female pronouns. So Marvel did in fact screw around with whatever Loki's father is. 
Honestly, if wiki says he's a god, he's a god. Doesn't matter what his parents are, or his descendents. He's been the father of a wolf, father of a gigantic snake, fathered other relatively humanoid gods, and the mother of a mutant horse. Greek mythology is rather random and doesn't make much sense, so if we're going to debate whether he's a god or not, we might as well debate the logistics of him fathering and giving birth to many different species of god-like animals. 

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Oh yeah, frost giant was just marvel Dx

Jotnar are nature spirits anyways Dx so it coulda been.

*flips a table and goes track down farbauti*

Loki was never worshipped as a god anyways, in the olden days. And old texts seem to have conflicting..uh whatever that word is. They couldn't make up their minds whether Loki was a god, a giant, or something else.

Either way, I was going into technicalities, and I still say he wasn't born a god, but he does have powers as strong as a god's. 

Ehhhh all of this would just be your opinion on what makes a god a god. And blehhh he's blood brothers with Odin anyways, which makes him a god. Ooh boi. I have wasted parts of my life.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

I mean, yeah, I don't know what you're saying with half that shit. Anyhow, I suppose it might be conflicting, but I feel in practicality, given his general status and how jumbled all that shit is, it's best to leave him with the label of God, seeing as religions are hard and don't work with definitions well.

Plus, Loki is actually worshipped by some of the stupid Pantheistic revival groups, so at least there's that. 

Favorite god?

6 years ago

And it is sorta conflicting. Lots of different versions of this and that. 

You know, in the old source texts he wasn't even referred to as the god of fire or mischief.

*and heyyy don't forget he's worshipped by a lot of fangirls*

Favorite god?

6 years ago

I'm still not sure how he isn't a God. You don't need to have God parents to be a God, there's many examples throughout various mythologies. The aesir are only the Nordic pantheon, Loki isn't any less of a God for not being one of them.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Is some wiki writer's opinion more valuable than his understanding of the mythology? I'm not sure why this is even a matter of debate anyway.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Was just pointing it out, it amused me.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

The difference is in Christian mythology Lucifer doesn't really have much power other than what God already allows, he's not even in charge of Hell proper, unlike say Hades who definitely runs his underworld.

Loki's an asshole to be sure, but again he's still his own god to a degree. Lucifer just seems like God's tool to play the "bad guy" since it's a lot easier to get people to believe you're the good guy when there's a scapegoat around.

I mean unless you're subscribing to the version that Lucifer and Satan are two different beings and Satan was the original "evil god". In that case I guess Satan is a viable choice though not a very good one since it seems like God just kicked his ass and replaced him with Lucifer since it was better to have a company man running Hell rather than some freelancer.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Ahaha. That last part made me laugh for some reason.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

I read an interpretation of the war in heaven that made me like the character; it added so much depth to him. It basically portrayed him as an antihero.

If not him, then I'd have to say Athena.

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Poseidon!

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Chuck

As to which chuck I'm talking about, you can figure that out. There's lots of chucks that're gods. 

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Oh and if we’re going with settings:

D&D: Vecna

Warhammer (Old Fantasy or 40K): Tzeentch

Favorite god?

6 years ago

Vecna...now why doesn't that surprise me? ;)

Favorite god?

6 years ago

My favorite God is Jesus Christ.

Can I get an amen?