Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago

i have noticed since recently working mornings more often that I wake up easily after being forced out of my sleep. I’m just wondering if any of you feel the same sudden waking up magical effects of coffee like I do 

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago
I don't drink coffee. Eating an apple has a more immediate and potent wakening affect.

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago

Too bad it tastes like a high school boy's sweaty socks after he stepped in dog shit.

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago

I couldn't stand the taste of coffee originally.  I had some friends who would drink it to warm up, so I'd have some as well, pouring in sugar and cream (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) so that I could stand it.  I eventually started cutting back, until now I take my coffee black, without any sweetener.  And there does come a point in the morning that I become pretty grouchy if I haven't had my coffee yet.

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago
Not a fan of hot drinks in general, diet coke or tea is my brown caffeinated sludgewater of choice.

Well, trying to develop a taste for fancy hot teas for the health benefits, but it's a slow process. Very very occasionally I'll drink coffee, because when someone is making it is smells so good, but I just put a little milk in it to mellow it out, sweetener of any kind gives it this gross cloying aftertaste.

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago
I began my love affair with "The Nectar of the Gods" earlier than most, probably. I remember drinking a half a cup (with milk and sugar) every day before heading off to kindergarten and by the time I got home I was so exhausted by the expenditure of excess energy that I was more than ready for a nap. Probably something mom had been counting on when she gave it to me.

By the time I'd entered HS and was working full-time, I was drinking it black and around a pot a day just to keep going. I'd only add sugar on days when it was bitterly cold out since my body was crying out for more energy than I could supply. I couldn't stand the taste, but I choked it down anyway.

Then, somewhere in my late twenties, the caffeine from coffee no longer cut it and I was forced to switch to tea after only a few cups of coffee in the morning. Now I'm using a family size tea bag per glass and it's made a world of difference.

Anyway, welcome to the party. Glad you could join us!

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago

I think I prefer orange juice. 

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago

I actually really like coffee. It helps when I pull all-nighters.

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago

Other than warming me up in the morning and making me use the bathroom before lunch, coffee doesn't do much for me. Nonetheless, I still drink it. Fun fact, I once ran an experiment by drinking about 3/8th of a gallon of coffee on a late-nighter I pulled for college;however, all it did was make my heart pound quickly as I almost fell asleep anyway. :)

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago
I actually have no idea if caffeine keeps me more alert. I can't compare how I am on a normal day to a day without caffeine because there are no days without caffeine.

If I don't drink caffeine in some form I get bad headaches. This might be a problem but for now it's a condition I cure with caffeine.

Coffee & the magic of it

6 years ago

I originally wrote this at a time when my mind was so focused during a long work week that I just felt I had to post it lol. But I personally feel something about coffee just motivates you in the mornings