Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

To Siri With Love

6 years ago

Hey we got a Reading Corner might as well use it.

So apparently this book is written by this mother with an autistic child and she basically wants medical power over him when he turns 18 so she can get him a vasectomy and not spread his autism. She makes many other observations about his various short comings and says things like picturing her son having sex to the Benny Hill soundtrack and how anything with that music never ends well.

As you might aspect autists and their allies everywhere are boycotting this book and saying anyone who buys it is supporting EUGENICS. The author apparently is also on the tranny shitlist for saying something about wanting to punch another mother who used the "they" pronoun to describe their tranny child.

If any of you have read it or have an opinion feel free to rant here and if you want a cheap laugh, go read some the reviews of the book.

To Siri With Love

6 years ago
The froth and spittle of the enraged idiots flailing at their keyboards over this have already convinced me to buy a Kindle copy.

That and the book just sounds hilarious and written in a really personable and approachable way, judging by all the excerpts said enraged idiots were helpfully posting.

I still have a lot of reviews to get through but one of my favorites right off the bat was from an 'autistic author' who bought a book they'd already decided to hate just so they could rage about it, then complained they lived on only a 'few hundred dollars a month'. (translation: self published 'author', too lazy and busy being triggered to apply for a job, terrible financial decisions point to still being supported by mom...add in 14 hours of anime watching a day and this reminds me eerily of a couple of autists I know IRL. Although those go with claims of being 'artists'.)

To Siri With Love

6 years ago

Well, it's a good start at least 

To Siri With Love

6 years ago
By the sound of it, looks like I could get my Christmas shopping done early this year. Thanks, EndMaster.