Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Greetings!

6 years ago
Hello everyone!

It's nice to meet you all! I've been writing for several years now, but most of my experience has been with short stories and roleplaying. I'm hoping this new platform will give me a chance to improve as a writer and create some interesting content. I have always been a huge fan of "choose your own adventure" games, and am extremely excited to start working on my own. See y'all around!

Greetings!

6 years ago

Hello to you as well. Your grammar and such seems great, so that already elevates you past the average "Hello, I'm new" person. :)

Since you made your account today, here's a few things about this site and/or as a general intro:
1. This is a great place for writing and receiving feedback. The members here are very straightforward with their critiques, but I find them to be very helpful.
2. Read some of the highest rated and some of the newest storygames. The best are what the site likes (obviously) and the newest show what to do and what not to do as a writer. Be sure to rate them as well.
3. Review the newest storygames if you have time. It's for the same reasons as #2, but it also simply helps the site.
4. The forums have their own flavor. It's fine if you don't mind the occasional fool and if you can take what people say in stride.

Anyway, I normally don't greet people, but you look quite good. I hope you'll stick around. In Help & Info, there's a bunch of helpful (and some "meh") articles. The Website section will probably answer most questions you have for the website (obviously). Have a nice day!

Greetings!

6 years ago
Thanks for the advice! I'll be happy for any feedback I get. I've started reading one of the high-rated ones, and I'll be sure to take a look at the newer ones as well. ^_^

Greetings!

6 years ago
Hey, welcome to the site. Looks like WIBN already covered the basics so I'll not go into my usual spiel.

Just have fun, don't be afraid to ask questions, and remember there no hurry to rush a story out so make sure you take the time to proofread and polish.

The Writing Workshop is a good place to get feedback or advice. If you want to post any of your short stories or anything there's also the Creative Corner, although be sure to specify whether you're looking for serious critiques or not.

Greetings!

6 years ago
Thanks! I'll definitely have to check out that thread ^_^

Greetings!

6 years ago

Others have already covered the basics, so I guess I'll just welcome you to the site. :)

Welcome.  May your stay be pleasant.

Greetings!

6 years ago
Thank you. I certainly hope it shall be. :)

Greetings!

6 years ago

Yea, hi. 

Greetings!

6 years ago
*Waves*
Hello!

Greetings!

6 years ago
Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing what you create!

Greetings!

6 years ago
Thanks!

Greetings!

6 years ago
Welcome to the site! I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Greetings!

6 years ago
Thank you, I hope so too!