Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

'Sup.

6 years ago

Hiya ^^

Interesting concept you've got going here! A community centered around CYAO's! Is it too good to be true? I suppose I'll dive in and find out~

'Sup.

6 years ago

Welcome!  I'm pretty new here myself, so I don't know nearly as much about things here as some people.  But I hope you find some stories you enjoy!

'Sup.

6 years ago

I've found many I enjoy already! Much more than I expected!

'Sup.

6 years ago
Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your time here.

'Sup.

6 years ago

Thank you! I like what I've seen so far. It's a shame that such a wonderful place is so underrated.

'Sup.

6 years ago

Hey guys! FYI, though this may be my first time logging on to this site, I have a good level of experience in writing stories, whether choose your own story or not, so if you need any literary aid, contact me, I'll be incredibly happy to help! laugh

'Sup.

6 years ago
Welcome! ^_^

Thanks for the offer! We have several members around here that are always willing to give advice, and it's always great to meet another one. If you feel like sharing any of your stories, the Creative Corner in the forums is a good place to go. Make sure to mention whether or not you're looking for serious feedback though. The community is nothing if not critical ^_^

'Sup.

6 years ago

I must admit though, the way you have your links is rather confusing... I'm trying to give my links to a new page, but it IS extremely confusing. Though I may have experience as a writer this formatting is puzzling me... are there some specific steps I need to follow?

'Sup.

6 years ago

Did you try reading this? It'd help.

'Sup.

6 years ago
If you already have a page created, you'll need to click on "Add Link", which will pull up a screen that lets you link that page to a page or chapter that you have already written. Otherwise, select "Add Link to New Page." It will ask for a name for the new page, and create one automatically. If you have pop-ups enabled, it will open an editor page for the new one as well.

The link should show up in the editor of the page you're working on, with a box next to it. Whatever you type in here is what will show up as a choice for the player.

Hope this helps!

There are several articles in the forums about how to use the editor. I would link you to the specific article for this issue, but it seems that has already been taken care of ^_^

'Sup.

6 years ago

Welcome to the site!

Diving right in is always a great place to start! ^_^ I'd recommend starting with some of the higher- ranked stories. They're usually better-written and you can get a feel for what the community likes if you have plans to write your own storygame. That's not so say you shouldn't read some of the newer ones, of course! Out of curiosity, do you plan on writing a game, or are you just here to read?

'Sup.

6 years ago

I'm actually an avid writer. I do plan to explore the game-making process, but I'm not sure if I'll actually publish anything. Thanks a lot for the warm welcome!

'Sup.

6 years ago
Awesome! Well, if you do decide to experiment and don't want other people snooping, make sure to turn the preview option off ^_^

'Soup.

6 years ago
Soup!

'Soup.

6 years ago

'Soup indeed o.O

'Soup.

6 years ago

The weak shall become food stuff to the strong. 

'Sup.

6 years ago

Hey there! Welcome to the site. ^-^