Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
It's come to my attention that some of the degenerates here manage to function and not die on 3-5 hours of sleep on a regular basis. How many of you filthy dastards survive on blasphemously low levels of sleep like this?

If I get less than seven hours, I need to guzzle coffee by the gallon to function.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

Sleep is for the weak and I'll sleep when I'm dead.

I dunno, just used to operating on less sleep in general. Probably became a regular thing when I worked with my dad setting up bands and such which would often go into the wee hours of the night what with the pack down and all.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
I get 3-4 hours typically, 5 on a good night. I crave sleep constantly though and feel like I'm dying.

I'll be working less after Easter so I might try flipping my sleep schedule around entirely to something more efficient.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

This is me as well. Except I don’t have to wait until Easter. Just until March 4th.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

I got 2-3 hrs of sleep but I need to wait till I graduate college.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

usually I do 11:30 to 5:50

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

It depends on my work, school, and personal lives.

It normally ends up being around 6, but ~5 hours of sleep can also happen for too many weeks. I feel as though I waste time of I ever sleep more than 7 hours. There's too much to do and experience! 

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
If I'm lucky, I get 6-8 half-hour sessions a night. Any less than that and I'm worthless. Thankfully, I have a caffeine addiction and start drinking strong tea throughout the day after my morning coffee to keep me going.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
How are you even alive?

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
It hasn't been easy, that's for sure. Though, a lot of my meth-addict neighbors get by on even less.

I've been wondering how I've managed to keep my sanity. But, that might be subjective since it seems the whole rest of the world's gone mad.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
Trying to get 8 a night because I’m a zombie if I don’t, but I’d have to be asleep by about 7 to do that because work starts at 5 am. Seeing as I’m not a pensioner I’m not going to bed that early so I probably get 5-6.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
This has been my problem too, I have to be at work at 3:30 which means being asleep by 8:30 if I want six hours, and I just find that impossible to do. 7 or 8 is when I'd normally be settling down at the computer.

Doesn't help that when I have to go into my other job it essentially turns into a split shift. But when I have the afternoons clear two days in a row I've been experimenting with just taking long naps during the day and staying up at night. I think this is the way to go once I drop the other part time and can do it consistently although right now it just contributes to wrecking my sleep schedule even further.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

Day shift: Bed at 11, up at 4

Night shift: Bed at 8, up at 12

So yeah, 4-5 hours of sleep (at best). I tend to take half an hour-ish to get to sleep, and usually wake up at least once through my sleep. Somehow I manage to function pretty damn well throughout the time I'm awake, unless I'm not working (one, maybe two days a week if I'm lucky) in which case I'll get 8-10 hours sleep and be tired af all day. Not a fucking clue how that works.

E: I work 12 hour, 6-6 shifts, btw.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
If I get less than 10, I'm a grumpy bitch all day.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
That's the spirit.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

Glad to know m not the only one who needs his sheep.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

Yeah, I get around three or four like half the nights, and then the other half it's closer to six or seven, depending on what my schedule is. It's pretty sweet, because I get a mixture of lie-in's and days where I minimize the amount of time lost to Somnus.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
@BerkaZerka I feel violated.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

Well... Some people count sheep to get to sleep, so... I guess that means the sheep are glorious too. ^_^

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
As long as no sheep were violated haha!

(Fixed it)

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

Penguin! ^v^

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
I read that experts say that counting sheep is actually more likely to keep you awake. You should think of something peaceful, like a waterfall.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

Wouldn't that just make you need the bathroom? cheeky

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
I've never understood why water sounds or thoughts make people have to go to the bathroom. No effect on me.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

I sleep at midnight or one in the morning, then wake up at six. I have been doing this for a solid three or four months now. It is not reflecting well on my grades.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

Six hours sleep is average, isn't it?

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

I believe seven or eight is, but being off my one hour isn’t bad. It’s just the fact that I’m looking at bright screens literally a minute or so before going to bed is bad for my eyesight and my health. At my age, getting eight or nine is optimal for brain developement and function.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
I don’t know what average is, but eight is recommended generally.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
I do! 1:4 ratio of asleep to awake, that is 1hr for every 4 days.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

I have like 10-15hrs of sleep per week atm. I don't know. It started when I worked on a BPO company here in the Philippines before and my shift is like 10pm-7am and I never recovered after that, I mean with the sleeping part. I sleep like 2-3hrs a day, I feel sleepy at 1-2pm but past that I'm good. Tons of homework, reports, and demo teachings requires a lot of brain activity so maybe that's why I never feel sleepy while doing them.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
@EunHa Interesting, you're in the Philippines? So how are you guys feeling about becoming a part of China?

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

Lol I don't really know what I feel. I just don't care anymore. When you get a president who is a chinese lapdog you should know that it's a waste of time to resist. Many of my friends are still being very nationalistic and stuff but when I heard our president making jokes about making the Philippines a province of China I just stopped caring about stuff related to that sht.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago

I wonder how long before Trump starts making jokes about the U.S. becoming a province of Russia. cheeky

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
I think he'd sooner crack jokes about adopting Canada and sending Mexico to a nice foster home. It'd probably offend more people.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
Instead of a wall, a tunnel all the way from Mexico to Canada.

Glorious Sheep

6 years ago
Only if we turn it into a Dungeons and Dragons live action television program. Put a nice big rancor monster in the middle with a several thousand ton nuclear waste swamp to traverse.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
What is this thing you call "sleep"?

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

Holy... How do so many people get less than 7 hours and function?!

My sleep time varies from 10:00-11:30 PM on school nights. On weekdays, I wake at 6:30 AM for school. On weekends, I wake between 8:00 and 10:00 AM and sleep at 11:00 PM-12:00 AM.

Basically, I get around 7.5 hours on weekdays and 9.5 on weekends. Friday and Sunday are iffy since I may sleep/wake earlier/later. I need my sleep. T_T

I used to get 6 hours of sleep on average, but I felt like shit when I woke up, so I decided to change my sleep habits and stop staying up reading until 2 AM. This has drastically affected the amount of reading I get done, unfortunately. :(

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago
Funny thing is, they say you need less sleep as an adult, but when I was a teenager, I could get 5-6 hours of sleep on weekdays and be fine after being grumpy for 30 minutes in the morning. Granted, I'd sleep as much as I wanted on the weekends. But now, if I only get 5-6 hours of sleep, I'll typically need a coffee IV to live.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

Well, I don't want to kill my brain. I thought teens need at least 7 hours! D:

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

I'm one of those depressed assholes who can't sleep so I unwillingly sleep 2-3 hours per night, and I hate any kind of caffeine whatsoever so I'm just living on the verge of death 24/7. I wish I was one of those depressed types that sleeps all the time, that's my fucking dream.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

One of my friends has trouble sleeping. She got medication for it, I think.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

I don't have a 'regular basis'. 
Sometimes I'll go an entire week with only 3-5 hours a night, while other times, I pass out for 12 hours at a time. 
So like. 
I guess 'regular basis' 
I get 4-10 hours a night.
It's not very often I go over ten, though I've slept for as long as 13 hours straight. 
Last night, I got 6 hours. 
Night before, 9. 
A couple times last week, 5. 
Pulled an all nighter. 
Friday to saturday, got about 10-ish.

I've also noticed that it doesn't really matter how much sleep I got the night before, I feel pretty much the same. Unless I pulled an allnighter, or only got 3 hours of sleep. 4 hours, it's 50/50 whether I feel fine or feel like crap. Occasionally I feel like crap on 5 hours. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

An interesting development has occurred. Because of my staying up til 3 or 4 am every morning, now around 2 pm I get insanely tired. At least I assume that’s the reason. 

Morale of the story: Take Bucky’s advice in order to not screw up your sleep schedule.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

In the mood of this bizarre theme, I fell asleep at half ten tonight, six hours earlier than I usually now, and now have woken up perfectly awake. This will be a weird one.

Glorious Sleep

6 years ago

I usually get about seven to eight hours of sleep every single night, but lately I've been getting six because I need to work my ass off on some term papers. I don't even drink coffee (childhood experiences ruined the taste for me), so I normally sleep during my classes, but I hardly miss anything.