Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Religion.

6 years ago

So because there are endless amounts of religions out there (and Slasher is too lazy), I was curious if someone on here could suggest something along my beliefs. I believe in evolution to a point, but I also like the idea of Buddhism (peace, kindness, acceptance, etc.) but I don't really like the ideas of fasting and the seven steps or whatever. I also like the idea of positive and negative energy in the world, but I'm not really sure if I believe in a God. Thoughts?

Religion.

6 years ago

It sounds like you're probably more spiritual than anything else.  

Religion.

6 years ago

Well.. are there any spiritual religions that would fit me more, then?

Religion.

6 years ago

I know the perfect religion for you!!! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78_rAg4Ldg

Religion.

6 years ago

Some sort of New Age bullshit with healing crystals and astrology I guess.

Religion.

6 years ago

Hmm, maybe mix Buddhism and Taoism and call it a day.

Religion.

6 years ago

Have you considered becoming a Jedi?  Based on what you're saying, I think that would suit you down to the ground.

Religion.

6 years ago

I have a feeling calling myself a Jedi would allow me to be mocked more so than I already am.

Religion.

6 years ago

It's a recognized religion in the UK. Go there.

Religion.

6 years ago

And the US.

Religion.

6 years ago

That doesn't mean that people don't make fun of the adherents.  Then again, people make fun of Christians, Jews, and Muslims as well.

Religion.

6 years ago

I agree that you would look absolutely insane if you said your religion was Jedi.

Is there anyone out there who actually sees it as a religion? Anyone?

Religion.

6 years ago

It is one.

Religion.

6 years ago

In the 2001 census of England and Wales, 0.7% of the population listed their religion as Jedi.

Religion.

6 years ago

Jesus ChristYoda

Religion.

6 years ago

I like your flow chart. ;)

Religion.

6 years ago
Made me smile. :)

Religion.

6 years ago

Pastafarian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Religion.

6 years ago
Lame.

Religion.

6 years ago

Do you want a moral path to follow, or do you wan the fellowship of like minded individuals?  Do you actually believe in a higher power, or are you more interested in a secular philosophy?

Religion.

6 years ago

Now, before I go on, I really want to know what you mean by "You believe in evolution to a point", because that seems like it's going to go to a hilariously retarded place.

Anyhow, it doesn't really seem like you want a religion. You don't have any faith in a god, and you don't want to take part in any actual mode of worship or anything like that. I suppose I'd ask why you want a religion at all. Instead, you can just be one of those people who says they're spiritual, and does the fun white parts of Eastern stuff because it's a fun hobby, and talk about how it boosts your positive energy.

Religion.

6 years ago

This is probably his best option.

From my understanding, religion is brought upon from the outside; spirituality is internal.  A person can be religious without being spiritual, or spiritual without being religious.  

If modes of worship aren't to your taste, OP, then a religion probably isn't what you're actually looking for.

Religion.

6 years ago
The etymological meaning of the word religion is 'world view', so by definition, everyone is religious haha!

On the other hand, the entomological meaning is actually stag beetle.

Religion.

6 years ago

OMG Berka.

I want to be like you when I grow up.   ;)

Religion.

6 years ago

Nice one.  Though, why did you pick a stag beetle in specific?  There are so many other insects to choose from!