Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

I haven't been on here for literally years. Are any of the same people around? 

It's pretty cool how much nostalgia this website brings. I refuse to re-read my old storygames to avoid cringing but I am going to try to finish the one that I started last time I was here because thinking about leaving something I thought really fondly of when I was 15 unfinished gives me anxiety, lol. 

How are all you 2018 folks doing today?

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago
No idea who you are but welcome back. Some things have changed pretty dramatically around here but there there are still a fair number of of 2014 and before accounts around.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

Yeah, I remember Haley, our pseudo-Nazi member Drakoblare temporarily had a minor dilemma on whether or not he should have a crush on her because she looked part Asian, even though she said she wasn't.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago
I recall the name but can't recall if she was a pain in the ass or a contributing member. Either way, she's a step above unnoticeable.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

Eh, she was relatively harmless.

She made the McDonald's Adventure story and...

Well holy shit, she apparently made a lesbian romance story that's ranked in the 5-6 range.

So she's already more a of a contributing member than some of the current lot that infest the site.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

I recall that some people left in hilarious fashions, and then some vowed to leave but came crawling back with their tails tucked. But mostly people left in distressing and hilarious fashions. There are success stories however with some people deciding to take other's money and just bolt! But not before clearing their desks out and shelves of their belongings, and then continuing the run! 

The latter story is still ongoing, I think? In any case, all is right with the world of CYS. Except for the people that got poached by a smiling anime guy. 

Oh, and I'm doing okay, I guess. 

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

Hello, new old person. Everyone you cared about on the site has probably died, so feel free to find new replacements for them. I'd recommend Malocous and JessWrites to replace those you used to like.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago
Since I saw she had a post wishing happy birthday to Bad Mod Kiel, does anyone want to get a jump on explaining that whole tragic saga?

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

Yes, someone please explain

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

The tale is too long and complicated to tell it all. Rundown: Kiel got promoted to admin, lost his shit, had his adminship taken away due to... Something I can't quite remember, think it involved giving an alt admin powers, threw a hissy fit, left the site. In between that he creepily flirted with a teenage boy on the forums, edited posts and a storygame description for criticizing him (not even in a mean way, seemed like it was just a little joke to me), and... I think there's more, but I dunno.

Last I heard he was working on a game in some small, independent developer company.

Anyone with even a grain of knowledge on the subject could explain this far better than I could, don't really remember the details, don't care enough to.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

Last I heard he went completely fucking nuts, like for realsies.

In any case, basically he done fucked up.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

literally who

No really, welcome back. Enjoy your stay, this place is slightly less fucked now.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago
oh, it's you.

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago
Good Luck~

My 4 Year Return

6 years ago

Oh shit, old people are still old.