Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Mutiny on the Bounty

6 years ago
I haven't had time to do much reading what with the contest and all but from what I've seen, once the ratings shake out it may be time for The Firebird to move over.

Edutainment is going to be a pretty hard category to break into after this point.

e: lol, between this and Dark Nights it's just not a good week to be a Seth game I guess...

Mutiny on the Bounty

6 years ago

"between this and Dark Nights it's just not a good week to be a Seth game I guess"

Nah fam I'm waiting for the next fanfic game I make to replace Hell Girl.

e: nvm

Mutiny on the Bounty

6 years ago

Yeah it's a pretty cool one. Knowing somewhat about the ultimate fates of most of the mutineers I actually stuck with Bligh and outlived everyone.

Still, I knew getting back to England wasn't going to be a fun trip.

Mutiny on the Bounty

6 years ago
kill the Firebird
do it

Mutiny on the Bounty

6 years ago

Will's story still has a "?" the killing will occur later.

Mutiny on the Bounty

6 years ago
Well I rated now to try to get it to display a number, will comment later when I actually have time to sit down and read it properly. Ratings and reviews are going to be slow till then because of all these retarded and bad romance stories sitting on top of it.

Actually looking forward to really reading it since I remember mostly isolated events without names attached and I'm holding off on refreshing my memory so I can go in like a blind idiot.

Mutiny on the Bounty

6 years ago
I just want to say, @Will11, this might be one of my most favorite stories of yours! I really liked this one, but it may be because I knew a bit more about this setting than some of the others you wrote. Anyway, GREAT story, thank you for adding it to this site and sharing!

Mutiny on the Bounty

6 years ago
Sorry for the slight delay in replying.

Yeah I chose a dumb time to post the story but I should keep track of the competitions more :D Thank you for featuring it though. Haha I am looking forward to your review Mizal and yeah people will get round to commenting about it and rating it in time. I am really glad you like it Ogre, it is closer to the “real” choose your own adventures like your stories than most of my other ones. Most of my stories are parts of series and more game than story.

Because I like basing my stories closely on historical events, I need the exact right type of event with lots of people doing lots of different, yet interesting things, like the Donner Party or the Titanic. The Mutiny on the Bounty is great for this because all the people involved split into different groups, went in different directions and had a multitude of different but interesting fates. Other stories I have considered are the Golden Age of Antarctic Exploration and some Wild West stories about people like Wyatt Earp and Billy the Kid but it’ll take some time to get the ideas.

For now I think I’ll focus on my Battlefield Commanders series because I am planning some new ways to make commanding a country in a war really interesting for the reader but it’s gonna take a lot of planning…

Thanks again everyone for your kind comments and reading my scribblings :)