Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Should I read Game of Thrones??

6 years ago

A lot of my friends keep telling me how great GoT is.They keep telling me to read it but I am not sure.I have heard a lot about it like that every character you like dies and things like that.I think I need some expert help here.

Since you are the experts here ,what do you say?

Should I read it?

6 years ago
That would depend entirely on your tastes. Exactly how morbid are you?

6 years ago

Hmmmm

I think I would stand George R.R. Martins style it if that's what you mean.I have read similar books but I just dunno if it worths the price :/

6 years ago

eBay is a great place fr good quality second hand books.

Probably about a quarter of my collection has come from that, with the majority being library books (usually when libraries close, for instance)..

6 years ago

Thanks a lot !! It just that they're like 6 books and I'm srsly thinking about it.

6 years ago

I enjoyed the first couple books or so, but then the story became so bogged down that I began to lose interest, and never read the most recent book.

6 years ago
Chomping through the first one at the moment and I’m pretty hooked. Some characters are inevitably more interesting than others, and while I can’t speak for any of the other books yet, I’d say the first is worth reading. Does annoy me a bit how forced the whole old English dialect is but that’s personal taste; it also allows for some flecks of humour and insight that would sound strange in modern language to be fair.

6 years ago
I don't think the writing is amazing, but the world GRRM created is, and all of the point of views are authentic feeling. To be honest I don't think I've read too many things that are so alive and fleshed out.

6 years ago

Yes.

6 years ago

It really is a case of "How is this a question?", imho.