Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/22885

Organization for Variables

6 years ago
Like, being able to sort them by order made as well as alphabetically. Being able to create new tabs the way we do for story chapters. Adding filters and tags or attaching descriptions. Something. The list as is is a terrifying mess and I can't even imagine what it's like for people who REALLY do heavy scripting.

...I peeked in at an old WIP and then immediately exited because I don't even know what's going on in there anymore. :/

6 years ago
Good shout. Whenever I have to create a load I start using "ZNAME" or "ZZNAME" etc. for all those shitty, weedy variables that check for one thing once, but it would be useful.

6 years ago
One tidbit I picked up awhile back from...Berka or Killa, can't remember... is that you don't have to actually create those one time variables by hand, unless you'll need to reference them for a variable restriction. Just throw the script down to do its thing as you go and forget about it.

6 years ago
Oh right, thank you. I'd seen that it still saved script without problems if you make script with variables not created yet but I assumed it wouldn't actually be able to run the code.