Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

School Based Genre?

6 years ago

So, I'm planning another story game, and while I could likely put it into Fantasy, I'm wondering if it would be more qualified for school based. 

Major Points:

So this game would feature the MC's life as he attempts to become for than his parents are. The first parts might be about his younger school years, but would mostly be about deciding what you want to focus your life on. Combat, Politics, etc.

At some point, there would be a royal competition to determine to next King. (Don't ask why that it is being decided that way. I'm still working on it) This competition would last from around age 12 to 18 (maybe 20), and would consist of teaching the participants about kingly duties and whatnot. It would also, however, be a massive weeding process. Likely the competition would start locally and retrieve all bare minimum entrants from villages all around. From there it would go to regionals, etc. until there were only a few hundred students left. 

Then the real intense training would begin. Basically, I'm planning this contest to be highly school oriented, for its purpose would essentially be to gather youth's and school them in the art of kingship. 

This would be the main setting, but the story would also include parts where the MC may leave the country (realm) in order to complete certain tasks from the contest. 

Would this kind of story qualify as a school-based? Tagging the mods, because their thoughts would be final, but everyone feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

@Killa_Robot @BerkaZerka @EndMaster

School Based Genre?

6 years ago
"I'm planning this contest to be highly school oriented" -> School Based.

School Based Genre?

6 years ago
Yep.

School Based Genre?

6 years ago
Yep.

School Based Genre?

6 years ago

Yep.

School Based Genre?

6 years ago
No one really cares. I mean, there's not some category police running around attacking people who put stories in the "wrong" category. Put it where you feel it belongs. If someone really doesn't like it there, it will get moved (and you probably won't even know at that point). Have fun with it and good luck, it sounds fun!

School Based Genre?

6 years ago
Maybe when Thara and Minnie were mining points.

School Based Genre?

6 years ago
Exactly.

School Based Genre?

6 years ago
@EbonVasilos

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-king's-successor

Lol

School Based Genre?

6 years ago
I for one am disgusted at Ebon's intent to steal this noob's story idea, and I presume @hegs012030 is similarly outraged.