Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: Agree with mizal.

Shorten Reviews on Story Page

6 years ago
The main story page has a good layout. But when one person writes a very long review, that page can get very long and cumbersome. Perhaps there could be a limit, not on the view, but just on the portion of the review displayed on the main page. That would clean up the main page a bit, but still allow people to leave long reviews, and maybe there could be something like a "read more" option to display the rest of the text.

6 years ago

This is a good idea.  I often wish this feature is there when I read reviews.

6 years ago

I second this, but aren't all suggestions pretty much a lost cause at this point?

6 years ago
Well, there won't be action immediately or anything, but last time 3J visited, he did a lot of updates, so I'm just putting this here for the next time he visits and wants ideas.

6 years ago

Or maybe after a certain point you just have to click a "read more" button?  Because sometimes a story needs a couple long comments for the reader to get their points across.  

6 years ago
I mean there's no actual reason to scroll down in the first place unless you're interested in reading the reviews, so I'm not sure how much demand there really is for this.

6 years ago

Hmm, true.