Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

So as some of you know I’m currently in my ancestral homeland. I’m watching the news and there’s some Libertarian political candidate actively arming the fucking homeless with guns.

The guy literally just gave a hobo a shotgun and is currently trying to raise money to arm more homeless people so they can stay safe.

And it’s all legal and even if it isn’t, who gives a shit, it’s Detroit! Lol.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Rutger Hauer, "Hobo With A Shotgun"

Check it out and you're welcome.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

No shit, I’m well aware of the movie hence the reference in the first place.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

That does make sense. Lol.

@EndMaster

6 years ago

Do they pay for it first?

I'm alright with homeless people having guns and all, Because of this here is very much Detroit here. Anything goes.(That and it is the USA) Does he ask them questions first?

Like, have you use drugs? or Etc

The funny part to me Is If I was a homeless person and some random guy shows up in his black car. Opens up the back of his trunk and is like "Hey there friend want a free gun?" I would be like, WTF?!

Honest to god EndMaster, I thought you were lying at first but nope is %100 real xD

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
Everyone is entitled to their own gun, homeowner or not.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

If longer they are at the right age zone, yeah very much I agree with you there.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
You wanna try that again in english?

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Longer your in the right age zone do have a firearm, you're very much fine. But if your under the age of 18 you can't own any types of firearms what so ever is the point I was getting at, you know something called Federal law?

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
'As long as you're old enough to own a firearm, you're fine. But if you're under the age of 18, you can't own any type of firearms whatsoever, due to federal law.'

That's my best translation anyway, minus the passive aggression and never mind that they're actually incorrect.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

I couldn't haven't type that any better, So yea, the longer you follow the laws in the right way of doing them, your fine and do as you see fit, given in reason why you're carrying around a pump action shotgun with 12 bullets. 

The 6 in the gun itself, and the other 6 carrying around in your back pocket, that cost four dollars and 51 cents for a small box depending on where you buy the said ammo and also what shotgun you are actually using.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
So if a homeless person needs to enter a store or something do they take the shotgun with them, or leave it unattended outside?

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Take it with them, of course. How do you rob the store without it?

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

I will use an airsoft gun, already looks like a very much real gun. Why? Don't tell me your planning on robbing a store, now are you?

If you are I'm in! >:D

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
Given the number of homeless people who are homeless as a direct cause of mental illness or addiction I can't get over the potential this has to backfire hilariously. I hope they at least had a short conversation with this particular hobo before pulling their publicity stunt.

Although if the guy wasn't crazy or on drugs I wonder if he might have gotten more long term use out of being offered a job so he didn't have to be homeless anymore but I guess taking away his freedom to sleep on the street goes against libertarian views.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

We do have systems in place for this.

The homeless have lack of knowingly where they should turn for help, from the (NCCEH), or North Carolina Coalition to End Homelessness is where I live from.

According to their data, 15 percent is children another 15 percent are their parents. The single men make up nearly half of the homeless population (46%) Because is mostly hard as balls to get job offers here, While single moms, on the other hand, make up 15 percent statewide. The last part it says that Veterans comprise 9% of the homeless population

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
I mean literal retards can bag groceries or some shit, the barrier is in the application / interview process and just like the ability to seek out resources and help that keep someone from becoming homeless in the first place, that depends on the person having someone more capable in their lives willing to walk them through it.

Like, seriously, it's incredible to me to think of how much a fuck up someone would have to be to wind up on the street as a single mom considering the number of organizations and programs that exist specifically for the purpose of helping with every aspect of their lives, even if there somehow wasn't a single more together family member anywhere in the picture.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

In North Carolina is hard to find them. Here in Franklin, we try our best to get on it right away, soon as we can, Because is very dangerous to be homeless here because of wild animals, Kidnapers, Crazy cults, and a little bit Crazy red necks, if you by action it, walked on their land.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Since somebody asked:

So far the senate candidate is trying to get people to donate guns or money to buy them and then he’s going give the guns to them. 

He wants to change the laws so you can buy a gun if you’re homeless since you can’t buy one legally without a place of residence (along with the background check) Someone can buy one and give it to you though. 

There was one cop they interviewed saying it was illegal since he’s giving away a gun to someone who he knows can’t legally buy one, but I guess the law is still sketchy in that area since nobody did anything about it.

Until someone does, the candidate said it’s not a publicity stunt, the homeless guy he gave his mossberg 500 to was mentally well and he’s going to just continue arming a murder hobo army.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Whatever the case may be, I wanting to see a hobo fight! Whoever has the bigger gun wins!! >:D 

My money is on the old guy with the pump action shotgun.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
With a little organization and a lot of guns, I can think of ways they could not be homeless anymore.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

I know right? If the religious cults can do it, why not the homeless?

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Step 1: threaten the loaded political candidate who just put a gun into your hands.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Please do go on xD

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
Not sure when the "you can’t buy one legally without a place of residence" started, but whoever heard of a cowboy that had roots let alone a house. Probably with those same people who started the "required to carry ID whether you own a car or not". This country has become utterly insane! Just as the founding fathers intended.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
You need to totally track these people down and see if you can start swapping them sammiches for their newly-acquired firearms.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Well, America has continued to be fucking insane, which is pretty sick for my dreams of Europe rising up and making a one world government, but also pretty sick for the presumed Chinese Steve's similar aspirations for his shit=hole country. So whatever, fuck it I guess.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
Speaking of guns, just heard about the shooting at the Youtube offices in San Bruno.

I'm really pretty excited about this, spree shooting has been a male dominated field for too long and I think it's important for little girls especially to see that women can do everything men can if they put their minds to it.

(Haven't seen a picture of the suspect yet but it obviously be better if she were a person of color and perhaps disabled in some way and also a lesbian, but, baby steps.)

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Everyone always forgets about Brenda Ann Spencer even though she had a hit song made about her called “I Don’t Like Mondays”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Elementary_School_shooting_(San_Diego)#Brenda_Spencer

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

I don't think it's a big win for women here. This woman didn't even manage to kill a single fucking person. Just kind of shows that the weaker sex can kill as well as they can do pretty much anything else.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Putting bullet holes in the glass ceiling I see.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Ah home again.

It was rough going there for a moment. I had to fight my way back from Detroit through several gangs like the Bulldyke Trannies, the Baseball Furries and the Shotgun Hobos, but eventually I succeeded.

Guess the only thing to do now is play myself a song.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Hope you fucked those murder hobos up, and shoved the shotguns up the furries faces.

Although, while we're sharing songs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFSA8-pxrqc

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
Glad you made it back! I'm picturing your escape like a Double Dragon stage.

So how is Detroit coming along as far as transforming into the cool cyberpunk city from all the vidya games? From what you've said it sounds like they might be a little behind schedule.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Yeah, they're way behind schedule.

However, there actually has been some improvement, but its mainly around the Wayne State University area which apparently has just planted its flag around most of the previously run down areas, tore it all down and then rebuilt shit for the college. Since stuff like the museum, the Fox theater, Comerica Park, and the hospital are all within that same area, that general location is probably the closest to the "cyberpunk city."

Meanwhile, walk a couple blocks from said built up areas, and you're back in urban wasteland again. So it's more like the really built up area of Detroit is "Vault City" from Fallout 2.

The old home area, Southwest Detroit is still more or less the better "neighborhood" area thanks to all the illegal Latin types working on their own houses and building up and supporting their own businesses.

Eastside is still complete fucking anarchy. (Yes, even more than the rest of the city)

Of course this urban blight now seems to have extended into a lot of the neighboring suburbs as well since a lot of those look more run down than I last remember. Roads are fucking terrible, honestly felt like I was more likely to get killed driving into a massive pothole than getting shot.

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago
I highly recommend reading this article for perspective on the world we're in right now, it gets a lot of things right

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

Be prepared and don't let them break you! 

Detroit. Lol.

6 years ago

AHH! Owo!! Is my kicked boxing teacher who pop out my kneecaps!!! xD