Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

If you had to have one mythical or legendary creature become a reality, which one and why? What kind of effect would these creatures have on the world around us? Prepare for a lot of people to say dragons or unicorns or something overrated like that, haha.

I'd choose golems. Solely over the fact that you can make them, and control them. I imagine the world would be a bit like pokemon, with people commanding their golems to fight each other to settle disputes and such (or maybe a modern-fantasy Real Steel?). Oversized golems would most likely be used for military force, which is a scary thought.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Jackalope

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

An honest politician.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago
A decent girlfriend

Veo. It'd be hunted to extinction before the fall of rome.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago
A girl who's actually attracted to Ford.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

A CYS couple that actually has a non dysfunctional relationship.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago
Haha, fair ^_^ We're not actually that bad in real life, we just like to tease each other.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

The tragically hilarious (or hilariously tragic) thing is you and Ford are actually the most "normal" CYS couple we've had on here at this point as so far nobody has made posts about potentially committing suicide.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago
Thank God neither of us are that angsty... I may be a bit cringey at times, but that's excessive.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago
Genie, but only one and it's mine.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Not unicorns.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

haha...

Gosh, that sure is a hard one.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Let's see! Phoenix maybe? Unicorns, maybe?

Anything but dragons, perhaps :D

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Pfft, please. Anything but that.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Wizards, but I'm the only one who knows how/has the juices or whatever to be a wizard, and everyone else can be trained in the art of wizardry but only at my discretion.

If people start somehow figuring it out despite every precaution or I end up misjudging people's characters and training a bunch of dickheads, I'll just completely wipe all their memories of how to do magic, but leave their memories of what magic does and when they saw themselves doing it, just so they can be constantly infuriated by their inability to do magic. If I can't do that in time, I'll probably go Voldemort them while they're still scrublords and plant a lot of Sauron memobilia in their houses so people know I was only doing it to stop the next Dark Lord.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

I don't think I can think of many mythical creatures that wouldn't either murder shit tons of people ruin the world. I mean, golems is leading to a fucking apocalypse where whoever figures out how to churn out golems the quickest is taking over in a military dictatorship, this "I get to be the only wizard!" thing is drivel and everything else would just be another pest or another threat to my life. There's no wolves or bears or shit in my country, I don't want to have to suddenly deal with centaurs coming out and murdering the shit out of me.

I guess mermaids, because I could sail around, kill one and gain immortality. I guess there'd also be a bunch of Asians with immortality, but I'm not scared of them, they'd kill each other for power and their struggle would be confined to Asia, because being immortal doesn't make you particularly powerful in regards to stopping a gunshot.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Unicorn

Because friendship is magic

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

You see, this guy gets it.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

"Celebi, the Time Travel Pokémon. Celebi wanders across time as guardian of the forest. Wherever it appears, trees and grass flourish."

It's a legendary. And I think it'd be pretty awesome having this little flying benign thing that makes trees and grass grow instead of destroying us all. 

Non-pokemon tho, prolly a Brownie, which is a benign household spirit. 

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

The flying butthole mouth, of course.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

I'd choose the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I really would.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

I think it would be interesting if those gross dumb grass creatures from Lady in The Water. You'd be walking around, and then you'd be like "whoa, that very specific patch of grass looks like it's in 240p--" and then it would suddenly lurch at you and you'd die. I wonder how effective lawn mowers are against those things.

I rather like magical selkies, but I want a pet moogle so I can give it a big hug. 

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago
can't believe nobody has said obama yet

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago
Maximus Faggotus

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Malk is already on here.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

:(

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Self confidence.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

:) Maybe an Easter bunny that has superpowers to save people, and spread the good word of Jesus. That would be so awesome!

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Cinnamologus, I'm a big fan of baking cinnamon sweets (Mostly because those are the only things I know how to bake and taste good). Cinnamon Pretzels and Cinnamon Knots are my goto whenever someone wants me to bring food to an event.

So the bird should be able to help a bit by simply supplying me with cinnamon. Hell, the only thing "magical" about it is that the cinnamon tastes pretty good. Its a little mundane but fuck it, atleast I KNOW this mythological creature isn't going to murder me or screw me over in someway.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

It'll shit a fatal amount of cinnamon straight into your mouth, causing you to choke.  Like some unfortunate cinnamon challenge attempters :)

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Unfortunate.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

:) Wow, I had no idea that there really was a legend of a cinnamon bird that gathers cinnamon. That would be awesome if one existed, I think it would be a kind bird.

P.S. I like cinnamon, too, especially apple cinnamon Cheerios. I heard that it is healthy as well.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago
Sentient garden gnomes. They wouldn't do much except take care of gardens and pretend they're ceramic. I just think it'd be funny to watch middle aged women swear up and down that their garden gnomes really were over by the petunias just yesterday, but now they're in the vegetable garden.

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

I really like this one!

Pick a Mythical Creature

6 years ago

Or if you've ever played the Sims and put the garden gnome in your backyard, only to find out it moves on its own.  Then moving your sim into the bathroom where there is a wall length window....and seeing the creepy gnome peeking in the window.

Beyond weird.