Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Favorite Stories (and nice offline reads)

5 years ago

After scowering around the site like some disowned puppy, I was wondering what stories some of the members (Edit: Autists) of the community thought were rather interesting. It doesn't have to be a favorite at all (despite what the title of this subject says), it could simply be just a story that you thought was interesting or had a nice premise.

Along with that, I am going on a long trip that involves the lack of wifi, so I was also wondering what book reads you think are nice as well. ^_^

5 years ago
implying anyone who replies is an autist lol

5 years ago
wait no

5 years ago

lol, Well since your here you may as well share, what reads might entice the all-powerful discord owner?

Edit: Maybe change my name from "PinkPenis"?

PostEdit: Well, don't really know what I expected. Had a feeling that wouldn't work.

5 years ago

Hey, Prominent. :-) Just on the off-chance that you haven't read them already, Joe Dever's Lone Wolf books are amazing (and can be downloaded/are free). I played them without the game-book element (i.e. I never rolled dice/just assumed that I won every fight AND gave myself every power to boot muhuhhaha). They were a great read nevertheless (and there were still ways to die)! 

5 years ago

Nice, I have never heard of these honestly. But this is pretty much the type of thing I was looking for when I was wondering for something to read on a plane ride. Judging sorely on the introductive paragraph, it seems like the type of thing I'd also enjoy! Is there anything I should know going in or is it better if I just go in knowing nothing?

5 years ago

It's better to go in knowing nothing (and play them in order starting with Flight From Dark). :D 

5 years ago
You should go read The Quick Dating Game. It is short, but I still laugh every time I read it.

5 years ago

Most of the featured games are good. Other than that, I made a thread for it. Thara and End took it from me because they're terrible, but still, I'd recommend most of the list.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-parlor-room/message/22892

Of them, the Vampire Hunter and the Magellan series are probably my favorite, so start with those.

5 years ago

Thanks I was looking for some hidden gems when it came to stories! You know what Steve? I'm starting to think your not half as bad as people make you out to be.

5 years ago

Definitely not half as bad as people make me out to me. Two thirds as bad, tops.

Edit: Oh yeah, Captured, Thragnazil and De Milte Inprudenti were other ones I'd recommend. The first's a cool dystopian thing that's fairly fun, the second was a short Dwarven fantasy story that's quick and fun, and the third's a dragon slaying story with a really cool perspective thing going on.

5 years ago
Go to the IFDB and download some interactive fiction games for your offline time. Unless you're already offline, in which case I guess it's too late to see this.

e: seriously getting annoyed by Google fucking up links, at the point now I may just switch to Bing