Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

hello guys ! i'm new and i seriously need some help . i would really love it if someone would show me how to add choices/ decisions in my story cause  i seriously don't know how 

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
I would suggest you start reading here and then here.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

omg!!!! thank you so much <3

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
Looks like Ogre beat me to it but I will be watching this thread with great fascination.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
Oh and Aster, as long as you're here, I would really, really recommend taking some time to read a few high rated stories and getting an idea of what readers are looking for and what your own story should look like if you want it to do well. (Not a bad idea to do the same for forum posts too, for that matter...)

I'm reading your first page right now. Since this thread is in the CC for some reason, maybe you'd like to post it and ask for feedback? :)

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

thank you !! but i actually still need to add a lot more before publishing it 

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
More than just adding I hope but alrighty, suit yourself. I look forward to rating it when it's done and I'm sure I'm not alone here. :) :) :)

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

thank you for the support <3 

and yeah ofcourse i still got a long way to finish it perfectly ! 

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
I'm guessing that English is not your first language?

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

how did you conclude that ?  

and to answer your question , English is indeed my first language so you guessed wrong .

:)

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
Using 'Support Me' in your post title, rather then 'Help me', suggests that English is not your first language, as the two can be interchangeable in some languages, but it is awkward in English.

I would hazard a guess of Northern Africa or thereabouts, based on your accent.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
People with English as a second language are usually much better at it tbh.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

i agree ! 

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
...well now that you're at least being honest with yourself about being bad at English, now might be the time to start trying to improve in that area. This being a writing site and all.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

rest assured hon ! :)

at least all i need to fix is my English but you .....

you need to fix that attitude of yours. you know , this being a writing site and all . 

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
I'm fascinated by whatever brain process is at work here where someone going 'please write in English while on a writing site' is interpreted as an attitude that needs to be 'fixed'.

I can't decide whether I hope you're a troll or not, but, the end result will be the same regardless and in the meantime your gibberish is moderately entertaining.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

He called you “hon” Lol.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
Fairly sure it's a girl, going by the protagonist of the high school romance story 'tamed by him'.

That 'hon' would have been accompanied by three snaps and a Z irl, I've essentially been challenged to a bitchy meangirl contest. I wonder who will win.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

no one will win -_- 

just chill dude , 

btw I'm still trying to figure out how to attach a photo to my story as a cover 

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
So after jumping in to try and instigate some kind of argument for no reason you're now thinking better of it and backing down. The first glimmering of sense you've displayed so far.

And you'll need to switch the html for the image to stay put, then just upload and attach it with img src blah blah, you can look that part up and copy and paste the tags.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

i wasn't arguing i was just stating my opinion :) 

and thanks again for your help ! 

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

Sweetie, you must first cross the seven seas and engage in a voyage for knowledge.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
I tried being subtle and I tried being blunt, she just doesn't get it. I read one page before it went into sneak peek and based on that I forsee a lot of 'thanks for the free point' comments in her future if she figures out where the publish button is, but what can we do?

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

Hey, Aster. Your English is crap, as well as your future here if you can’t learn to use basic capitalization and punctuation. It’s really, really quite simple. Go open a book up. Read it. Then compare it to what you’ve written down already. You will see an undeniable differences. Such as capitalization, and the correct placement of periods. 

My advice: Fix your grammar, learn English, THEN come back and try again. Until then, try not to use up our time with dumb questions that can be answered on your own.

If you’re a troll, then congrats. You’ve wasted less than two minutes of my time.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
At some point it really stopped mattering to me whether our particularly special noobs are trolling or not. The result is always the same. I have someone entertaining me while I'm bored and not able to get at my computer, and it's not anyone who's ever in any danger of accomplishing anything that matters. They might as well be a ball of yarn.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

I wasn't a troll , I really was just trying to get help . 

although your words kinda hurt me , I will try my best to write a story worth reading for you guys .

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
Maybe start with just one post?

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
Hey, the letter I finally got capitalized, so you can celebrate that... but I have no idea what's going on with the spacing and punctuation...

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
It's probably best to just take the advice and move on. Everyone here is a rather harsh critic, and I doubt they're going to apologize for it. It may seem like people have bad attitudes, but this is a place to improve your writing, and that tends to happen though "trial by fire". If that isn't acceptable, this probably isn't the site for you. I do hope that you keep writing and produce something that we will enjoy reading :)

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
'please type in English, your story will do badly otherwise, we've seen this many times before'

'whoa HARSH, chill out dude!!!1!'

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
I wasn't trying to say that anything you said was over the top or even particularly mean. I just figured I should warn her about how this place works if she's going to be sensitive. It generally doesn't seem to end well for people like this.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

I admit I did get hurt a little , but I'm not gonna give up just because someone criticized me . I'm actually thankful for the harsh critique cause that will motivate me, and help me improve my writing skills to not disappoint you guys . <3

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago

For the love all things grammatical. You don't put a space BOTH sides of a full stop or comma, the punctuation follows directly after the word, with a single space AFTER it.

Also: My money's on Mizal winning any kind of mean-girl contest/bitch fight, etc. At least until Steve turns up.

PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

5 years ago
Well yeah but that's an otherwise understandable sentence and the best one she's managed yet so I was going to let it slide. If the weird spacing is the worst problem with the story on publishing I'll consider this one a rare success story.

Steve was focusing his hate elsewhere while this was going on.