Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago

I still do show up on this site from time to time, just to check in and do nothing in particular.

So I'm working on a lot of projects that require me to sit in front of a computer for hours upon day upon eons on end, and i need something to inject directly into my brain via earphone. Maybe something half-way intelligent as I just typed "brain" as "brian" and has to go back and fix it. I stared at the word for a good minute with blank, sad cow eyes. It's really tragic.

I'm all caught up on The Adventure Zone (ended up cosplaying it as well!) and I'm nearly done with the weebish sludge fest that is The Procrastinators Podcast. Finished up season (?) 1 of Welcome To Nightvale as well, but I think that Cecil's delicious Hershey chocolate voice is so seven that eventually the bleeding Portobello mushrooms melt into the dog parks and I don't know where I am anymore.

I've gone through several audiobooks as well which are nice. Finished most of my documentaries as well. Basically, i really like stories, and I'm hoping you fellas can summon up some dark spirit visions and/or podcasts to occupy me while I work on my finals. I want to go on a brain adventure. I want to learn about dead people. Gimme da juicy goss. Dat hot goss. Mmm, gimme gimme.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago

I really don't understand the meaning of that last line.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago

"I want to learn about dead people. Gimme da juicy goss. Dat hot goss. Mmm, gimme gimme."

She's embraced necrophilia. (And autism)

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago

It's probably a combination of tumblr speak and being a high level degenerate. 

Either way there's always a chance of it being just like you said. 

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago
That moment where someone's profile and profile pic change while you're replying in a thread.

Kinda Jarring.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago

Like totally.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago

Absolutely. Racism, sexism, ageism? Go suck an egg. The only ism I believe in is Autism, and I am proud to declare that I identify as trans-autist and if you don't accept me, you are a cishet trump sucking ableist. I was actually just heading out to the back alley doctor in order to get my T injection (Tumblr Injection) when I came across the corpse of somebody so beautiful, it was like River Pheonix had a baby with Leonardo Dicaprio and then overdosed on heroin all over again. I am planning on dragging their corroding heroin cadaver back with me after I pick up my vegan sausages.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago
I unabashedly admit that I listen to the old NPR show CarTalk on a almost daily basis.

The two mechanics have very magnetic personalities and are quite brilliant on all sorts of matters. One of them is dead now so that's good for your...desires...

Show aired for over 30 years for good reason. Callers attempt to describe car troubles to the two highly educated experience OLD mechanics and they make their best efforts to diagnose the problems. They have weekly puzzlers and mail readings. You might even learn something about cars. Or trailer brakes. But more than likely you'll learn about something miscellaneous and have a good laugh while doing it.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago
I highly recommend literally everyone listen to Hello Internet. If you enjoy Hello Internet and want more CGPGrey podcasting Cortex is for you. If you like being addicted to high quality tools and more specifically pens/paper - I've recently started The Pen Addict podcast where a guy who is far too heavily invested in pens talks passionately to the co-host of cortex (Myke Hurley) and will make you 1) realize whatever pen you have is entirely inadequate and 2) be sad you can't justify spending $60 on a decent-quality pen.

When I was 12-13 years old I listened to the YogPod which I don't think is still going and I don't find funny anymore and idk why I found it funny back then. It's funny sometimes rarely.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago
I used to be big into podcasts up until recently, then stopped because it'd taken over listening to music. However, if you like weird true stories I'd recommend Love+Radio, it's full of odd people and their lives and has really nice sound design.

FEED MY CHILDLIKE EARS

5 years ago

I like the NoSleep Podcast of just various horror stories, that always entertains me. I was a big fan of the audio drama "We're Alive", because zombies are fun and they weren't that shit in that. Oh, and I love Bill Burr's podcast, the man's a genius.