Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Any suggestions on what games to play?

5 years ago

Being Jenna and Julien trash, of course, that led me to this website but -  before original members get too mad at me - I've always had a big boner for choose your own adventure stories.

That being said, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm a 20 something girl with a fucked up, dark sense of humor and tremendous ADHD.

Thx friends 

5 years ago

Welcome to the site.

Try anything action-packed I guess. Madglee's Mommy (the one featured in the Modern section) is always a welcome use of time, and it is pretty dark while still being heavily choice-based and fun.

5 years ago
I recommend just starting with the featured ones, and anything else published by featured authors. Rogues was published just recently, so that one would be a good start, too.

5 years ago
You and your boner are welcome here. There are indeed quite a lot of stories here. Dark will fit in quite well with the more recently published works for sure. If you want random selections, check out the new stories. If you're more interested in one of the categories, just browse away!

5 years ago
Most of the stuff on the main storygames page is pretty good, it really just depends on what genre you're interested in. Fantasy is probably the most popular category here, and 'fucked up, dark sense of humor' fits most of Endmaster's stuff really. If epic fantasy isn't your thing then I'd recommend Suzy's Strange Saga.

5 years ago
I'd suggest playing canasta, but the rules are very involved.