Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Who is the site's most prolific author?

5 years ago
So in my own little version of those "What's been happening" threads I have a question for the brainy folk of cyoa, who had published the most story-games? I noticed I've done 18 in the last four years or so but I know End, Steve, Sindri and others have published into the double figures so I was wondering who had done the most? Also in a wider point of view, what's been happening? I have more free time till September so I aim to be involved in the site a bit more and publish another story or two before my workload picks up again :) I hope everything is going awesome for everyone :D

5 years ago

I'm not a brainlet, but I'm going to say Steve simply because I like what I've read from him. Don't bother me with simple arithmetic, Will.

5 years ago

laughEverything is going awesome where I am, I too hope everything is going awesome for everyone else! I’m not sure what has been happening, except what I have read in a few of the posts. xD I also have no idea who has published the most story-games; however, I do think quality is more important than quantity, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

5 years ago

That's true. Minnie has published a boatload of half-baked stories.

5 years ago

:) Perhaps Minnie can cook them a bit longer when time allows.

5 years ago

:D Wait, did you say you published 18? story-games?! That is an impressive feat, it could be that you hold the record!

Let me add to what I said before, that it would obviously be best to have both quantity and quality, but often there is not enough time to do both, so when you can only do one or the other, quality is more important.

I would also like to say that a story, can be, but doesn’t have to be long to be awesome. (Sometimes readers lack time as well as authors.) That is true for speeches too, as Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address is still remembered to this day.

5 years ago
Tsmpaul and Briar have both made at least token amounts of cash money for their scribbles, so I'd say they're winning over the rest of us chumps.

Granted, End has small scale internet notoriety and a cult following, so if he wanted to profiteer, he could easily earn enough to buy a few new sets of shackles and a new scythe.

5 years ago
Haha you might have a point about Tsmpaul and Briar :) Maybe there should be a section on the site somewhere about taking things to the NEXT level (agents, publishers, millionaire lifestyle etc). There is, or has been, at least a dozen or two members on this site who could probably make money out of their works...

Then again cults are hard to beat so maybe End should just write a guide "Cults for Beginners, leading the masses to do your bidding" :D

5 years ago

I mean if we're going by money, JJJ's made a few hundred bucks from the old contests on here. Hell even I got seventy five dollars for Necromancer in a contest here and then paid a bill with that money. (Which according to Stephen King, that's enough for him to consider you to be talented.)

I've gotten offers before but they always seem pretty damn sketchy (Usually some weird eastern euro people) or I follow up and then I don't hear back. And it isn't like I'm going to go write for CoG anytime soon. That's not just because of any censorship issue and I don't support their agenda (Though that's a big part of it) but mainly I'm not a damn coder and don't want to be bothered with that stuff.

5 years ago
Hi Will, good to see you again!

I look forward to reading some more of your stories, because I know they will be good.

If you're looking at just numbers, Steve has 14 stories. Endmaster has 16. Seth has 11. Going back and looking around, I don't see really much of anyone else with double digit numbers. There might be someone from the old days that's got more published, but I don't see them. Even Sindriv "only" has 13. I think you might have the most at 18 Will!

So what's happening? The epic contest, for one. That and well, not a whole lot of new things here. No recent invasions or anything...

5 years ago
Hey Ogre, snap :)

Basically, because I'm lazy, I was hoping for a dedicated enthusiast to search the site to satisfy my mild curiosities (I wonder if the mods have a tool for measuring members' individual site input for stories like they do with forum posts and points).

Yah, I keep hearing about the Epic Contest but I'm not really an "Epic" guy so I'll maybe join the next one. No invasions is good :)

5 years ago

I'd like to point out as a fun fact, that Sindri has several projects that will never see the light of day. He started and put a rhetorical ton of wordage down on more than one scrapped storygame.

By Storygame count, Will - you win out. By published words, I think End has it.

5 years ago
People who have double digit storygame counts that haven't been mentioned yet:

ME! I'm the only one who's active too that's wasn't mentioned. Y R U so meeen? Well, I only have four I'd suggest for y'all to read. One's even friggen' featured for crying out loud. Storygame count: 10.

Some asshole named primates. His profile pic has a doe being humped by a buck being humped by another buck. Doesn't that violate our no sexually explicit images policy? Storygame count: 10.

Some guy with an anime avatar named Miccy2000. He's the guy who wrote the "Who Wants to Be a Supervillian" storygame which put him in the top 100 (in 100th place). Storygame count: freaking 16.

Honorable mention: some astronaut wannabe named Rodney. He's got 9, but nothing else seems interesting about him.

5 years ago

I mean technically I got 18 stories if we count Legend and Exploitation Theater at Infinite Story.

I think Fleshy had a story number in the double digits at one point, but he unpublished a lot of them. Even JJJ had more stories up at one point.

5 years ago
So... like this?

End - 18
Will11 – 18
Miccy2000 - 16
Steve – 14
Sindri - 13
Seth – 11
WIBN – 10
Primates – 10
Rodney - 9

I think Ogre's right with quality over quantity being more important though, it'd be interesting if members could be assigned a score based on how their story games were rated... number of words published could also be interesting. Lots of fun ideas for JJJ when he returns from Narnia or Never Never Land or wherever we've lost him to... :)