Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I'm new here

5 years ago
Hi all, I'm new here. does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm new here

5 years ago
Welcome to the site!

Nope, no recommendations at all, sorry. ;)

I'm new here

5 years ago
Hey, welcome to the site. Seems your parents were fighting so much on which name to choose that they just chose both; although deciding if they should call you Jimbob or Bobjim must've been quite hard, too. They made the right choice, Jimbob sounds better in my opinion, although still not as good as Jackbob.

Recommendations? Sure, I've got some. Read the message you got by CYSid, since it does a pretty good job of telling you how to be less of a noob. Check out the Help & Info section, so that we won't have to answer simple questions like "How do I make a new page?" Read the featured stories, and then the other high rated stories. If you decide to write a story of your own, remember there's no time limit, you should put actual effort into it, and shitty stories get mocked and unpublished. Most importantly, don't be an idiot and have fun! :)

I'm new here

5 years ago

:D Hi! Welcome! Recommendations? I have some awesome recommendations! I will use copy and paste to post them here for you:

I especially recommend the works by BerkaZerka, Ogre11, and EbonVasilis. So far I have only been able to read some of each of their impressive works in the limited time I am here. I suspect all their works are awesome!

BerkaZerka’s Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival) is extremely well written [I managed to get the best possible ending!] and kept my eyes glued to the phone I use (though it does have violence/gore and some language), he has also got great puzzles and games (Some of which I have still not completed. They’re awesome!). Ogre11’s awesome works I have read/played so far include: Spy Mission (You gotta see the different endings), Cryogenic Failure (Again, you gotta see the different endings), UFO at School, Alien Abduction, Finding the Muse (this will definitely help aspiring writers). Of EbonVasilis’s works, so far I have read his epic A Chosen Hero (I’ve got to read more of his works!). I have also played DavidG’s The Tower of Rowena, played Zephyrme2847’s & mudshadow63’s [and they, amazingly, were only 11 and 4 when they created this!] Kittens of FAT, played cMitchell3’s Get out Alive, read Will11’s true story Climbing Beyond The Clouds, read MinnieKing’s inspirational message Addition, and read the short mouse hero story by pinkalily21, Alone in the Forest. There are great writers and future great writers to be found on this site.

I hope you have an awesome Fourth of July, and an awesome time on the site!

I'm new here

5 years ago
Thanks for the comments

I'm new here

5 years ago

:) You are most welcome!

I'm new here

5 years ago
I highly recommend the boxed wine.