Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Just Joined

5 years ago

Hey so yeah I just joined a couple days ago, although I've been reading many of the stories on here for about a year or so if I had to guess. I decided to join because I wanted to try and write my own storygames. I just started my first story, so any tips would be greatly appreciated! 

Just Joined

5 years ago
Hello, I saw you online yesterday and the name indicated you'd fit in well if you ever decided to post.

If you've been reading awhile then I'd say you've already tackled the most important step, you should have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't as far as quality level and how well a story is received anyway.

Number one advice I'd give is to plan out your major paths in advance and to start off with a small project. If you've never written a CYOA before it's easy to underestimate how much work they'll be and they can quickly get away from you due to the exponential nature of things. I'd wager about 90% of noob writers get in over their head trying to do some epic and then get frustrated and quit.

Just Joined

5 years ago

Thanks for the tip, my first draft for the story had so many different paths in the beginning I was overwhelmed within an hour of wrriting it, i've restarted and im going to try and do something smaller. Appreciate the advice!

Just Joined

5 years ago
Welcome to the site. Feel free to post bits from your story in the forums for feedback. Sometimes it takes a few days, but often you will get some feedback from others.

Just Joined

5 years ago

Hey ! I just joined a few minutes ago, I've been reading on here for years and been writing stories since I started to speak. I guess we're pretty much in the same boat. Hope you get on well here, best of luck, you'll do great! 

Just Joined

5 years ago
Yo

Just Joined

5 years ago
*crouches atop newbie board doing best Batman impression*

Anyone doing any crimes in here?

No? Ugh, fine.

Just Joined

5 years ago
Someone spray painted "Free Shavacadoos" a few threads over, but other than that, it's been quiet.