Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Purge

5 years ago

I was walking through the boring old pages of the site, searching through the About Us section, when I noticed something pretty strange.  Apparently, over the course of the last 18 years the site has accrued 26,759 storygames.  I screeched in some half autistic-retarded delight, as is normal for those of my lowly stature.  

Then at a second glance I reeled back, giving a terrified squeal as my eyes burned out of my skull and my genitals were sucked up into my chest.  There, it said only 1,031 of those 26,759 storygames had been published!

"Gasp!"

So now I, Corgi, would like to call upon all of you who so desire to take up this cause!  What cause would that be?

Well, purging all of the storygames that will never be completed from this site of course!  If that is possible.

Is there any way that admins can see all the games that have been sitting in noobs/people who ditched the sites storygame list?  If so, is there any way to just delete the ones from members who will surely never return?

Does it also count games that have been deleted for whatever reason?  As I am pretty sure there is a list of those somewhere.  

If so, this would be awesome as it would free up some storygame names that otherwise would never be published any ways.  
If not, I will stare at those numbers and scream at my laptop screen, all the while shitting my pants profusely.

Purge

5 years ago
1)Nope.

2) Nope and there's really no reason to unless actual spend becomes an issue wish is doubtful when we're talking a bunch of text, and most of them probably never got around to putting anything in the front page. Aside from banned people we can't really assume no one will ever come back for an old project either, people come and go from long ass hiatuses all the time.

3) Dunno.

How often does running into titles that are already taken happen anyway, unless it's something super generic?

Purge

5 years ago
Want to wager on the last part

Purge

5 years ago
It's kind of moot either way, there is no way I'm aware of to pull up a list of unpublished games.

Purge

5 years ago
no telling the size the list would be

Purge

5 years ago

There is one so far.....one title.....

Purge

5 years ago

"If not, I will stare at those numbers and scream at my laptop screen, all the while shitting my pants profusely."

And here you've just given an excellent reason to not bother with this task even if it were possible.

Purge

5 years ago

Man, my throat hurts.....and I need new pants!

Purge

5 years ago
It's good that he and Malk finally have some common ground, this can only strengthen their friendship.

Purge

5 years ago
I think it's interesting to have a record of how few storygames actually get published and remain compared to how many are created. Sort of shows how few people actually commit the time and have skill and confidence to get something out there and have it stick.