Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Just writing a post-apocalyptic story...

5 years ago

I'm not in that contest thing or whatever, but I am writing a story called "None Will Survive." You can find what it is in that there subject above this message. If anyone wants to co-write, I'm down. Send me a message, or reply on this forum. I'll be on for a while. It's 1:00 a.m. over here, so as you can tell, my "night life" is writing storygames on the internet, hanging out with internet friends, and such. I have no friends. Oh well.

5 years ago
While it's certainly nice that you're writing something, I'll unfortunately have to crush your hopes; it's very unlikely that anyone will want to be your co-author. Most good authors on here already have their own ideas they want to write about, and so will have no desire to write about yours. But if you really want a co-author, then you should add some more information, to potentially interest some people and show them that you have thought your story out well.

5 years ago

Just want to say, a few minutes ago i sent you an email notifying you that i would be more than happy to be your CO-Author...

5 years ago
Maya already covered it but yes, lots of noobs request coauthors and it rarely goes anywhere. Most established members here are working on their own projects and are unlikely to put those aside to put in days/weeks/months of work with a total unknown who will have control over everything they've written and might disappear, delete things, remove their access etc, most likely while doing very little themselves.

Finding someone willing to be coauthored for the purposes or proofreading is easier, but you have to actually have something written for that, and you're not yet at the 'has a two sentence summary of the plot' stage yet, so...