Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Stardew Valley Multiplayer

5 years ago
Stardew Valley is an insanely charming and relaxing game made by just one guy, that I played for 40 hours in the first two weeks it came out because it has the 'just one more turn' effect down to almost frightening perfection. It's closer to Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing than anything do you should know immediately if it's for you. I have it on the short list with CKII and Rimworld of games I really shouldn't allow myself to touch ever again because they're just dangerous and I don't like the person I become when I reinstall them and usually remember little else about the next couple of weeks.

I'm playing it again. I regret that, but it is the situation.

A major update just came out that adds multi-player and I think some new story content and quests, but multi-player is the big thing.

This thread is for people who are still capable of feeling joy, or want to discuss the game or invite others to their farm. The negative Nancy's and especially the hairy Zag's of the world can leave their toxic masculinity at home.

The game is just $15 on Steam if you don't have it yet.

5 years ago

Finally, a game with which I can enact my fantasies of pretending I'm clueless so that my friends start doing the farmwork while I go "fishing" and "mining", then seduce the fuck out of my friend's favorite waifus behind their backs and have their children before they even start picking flowers for birthdays and valentines. Too bad the only people I know who would play it with me would only fight over that purple necrophiliac and would know what I was doing the moment any of the pumpkins and blackberries went missing.

5 years ago
I mostly just fish and hit the mines, I don't spend a lot of time talking to most of the villagers. iirc last time I played I was just the silent hermit who showed up and gave people sashimi on their birthdays every year until one of them agreed to marry me.

5 years ago
After raging from Arma and Dota because being a try hard is so overwhelming, I took a crack at Stardew Valley Multiplayer and it was pretty enjoyable.

One player hosts a server and three people can jump on. The only negative part of this though is that if the Host has some shit tier Comcast internet, then everyone is going to get fucked since you are unable to switch hosts as of yet, they’ll probably end up adding that feature in though hopefully.

Multiplayer has everyone share the money from the farm, so if some dipshit decides to spend everything on Hats or Spring Seeds when it’s fucking Fall, then you’re screwed. Each player shares a different relationship with the villagers and they each have different quests, but the main storyline is shared together so that’s fun.

Usually the end goal for everyone is to complete the Activiry Center collections but no one ever gets that far since usually the hosts ends up either crashing or just giving up and going to go play league instead, which not going to lie I would do too, since there’s only so much farming I’m willing to do.

Anyway great mode, if they fix the host problem then it’s toptier game of the year

5 years ago
I really haven't had a time to mess with multiplayer yet even thought theoretically it's the entire reason I'm playing again. I really want to though. In particular I want to spend all your money on Joja Cola and plant fields shaped like dicks and swastikas right in front of your house.

I'm happy that my addiction to single player at least is turning out easier to manage then I expected. Theoretically you can play just a few minutes at a time, each day doesn't take much longer than that. Just have to actually exit the game immediately after the morning save because if you step outside at all you're going to wind up playing the full day through.

5 years ago

I am a hairy Zag.

5 years ago
GET OUT >:[

5 years ago
Hahaha, is this for real? Supposedly it was from the beta of this release. Player can't be a player anymore I guess.

https://imgur.com/a/mhrZysI

5 years ago

Wasn't that always basically the ending if you date every marriagable person of one sex or the other at once?

5 years ago
From what I read this is only triggered if you get ten hearts with them all, which you used to be able to do without consequence as long as you didn't give out multiple bouquets.

5 years ago
So yesterday as I bred my milk producing cows, I realized that I've most likely been making cheese out of 50% bull semen.

No one has complained yet so I'm not going to stop.