Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago
Few days late with this but I've been in intense focus mode on my contest story. Still wanted to congratulate Digit though on successfully turning his interest in tentacles and Japan into a potentially lucrative and respectable career.

I had some doubts at first because I kept hearing he had a very eager and persistant man taking him to a hotel and promising him money as long as he could pass some kind of 'seaman test' and a doctor could confirm he didn't have AIDS. But it turned out that no, this is all a normal part of military procedure and not a cause for concern.

It's strange, I still think of a lot of you as my precious helpless, hopeless, nerdy Down Syndrome children, but you're all growing up now. Kind of brings a tear to my eye. Why it seems like less than a week ago (because it was less than a week ago) Digit was coming to me for guidance on the complex questions in life like 'what is a button down shirt', and now in less than a year he's going to be in a nuclear sub battling giant squid on a hunt for the Megaladon, or whatever it is one does in submarines when not dying horribly.

Anyway Digit should post more here about his quest to be able to use the Navy SEALS copypasta unironically. If anyone else has any military related stories from their family or personal experience to share, or wants to try to terrify him or give him terrible advice, go right ahead. Or even just unironically congratulate him, if that wouldn't make things too weird.

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago

A true patriot. yes

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago

Oh and this seems approps

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago
Well I'm convinced, sign me up now too

Digit, which one of these was your recruiter?

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago
So uh, does CYS have a veterans discount, and if not where can one file a anonymous complaint.

Also I have 10 months before I leave for a bazillion years on our future conquest in Russia, China, and some random Middle East Country that is lucky enough to drill for oil, so that leaves like 4 or 5 contests left for me to win.

I will actually huddle on the ground and weep if I don't win any by that time.

Also, Also, ty guys ;(

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago
Not a vet yet. A few words of advice passed from my father who has served over 25 years: take initiative even if it feels like it'll kill you - you'll gain a lot of favor and go a lot further if you do things without having to be asked, read lots and write little (ie educate yourself and keep your handwriting legible), and until you're the one giving orders - keep your ears clean and don't question.

Don't complain/whine when told to do something in basic. Everyone young going into basic does this and your DS is gonna just be annoyed with you. Anyways glhf and anything you or anyone else does wrong could have been avoided by wearing a PT belt.

Edit:: Tuck your fucking shirt in.

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago

Why the fuck is Ford talking like he knows shit about this? You didn't do basic, dude, your dad did. You just kind of fucked about like an autist as I assume your dad complained you weren't a real man, your opinion on this is about as relevant as any other spoiled military brat who failed to keep up the tradition but pretends to know shit.

Anyhow, Navy should be fun, I've a mate in the US one and a few in the Irish one, it's alright work.

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago
I do know shit about this. A fuckload more than you do - you're not even an amerifat, cunt. I've lived on military bases a lot of my life and I know lots of people who are active duty and retired. I literally went to a military college where most of my classmates were active duty A/AF.

I gave advice from my father and then told him the typical rookie mistakes to not do. Also to tuck his shirt in, which is really just a general rule of thumb for any career. If you think that somehow implies I went through basic then you're just ignorant.

Also there's no tradition (for most people; there are some weirdos out there). My father was the first in generations to go into the military (by choice) and it was because he grew up super poor. The general rule I've heard from retirees and active duty persons is that if you don't know what to do with your life and you're poor, you join the military; if you're not at least poor then you should do something else in life cause being in the military kind of sucks unless you really want to be there (for money or w/e). No tradition in it for most people.

amerifat military brat > irish cuck

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago

So... once again, you didn't do anything, but you were like the only person in your extended family and community that didn't do anything, so... we should care? Nah, I'm not going to.

And cuck seems like not only a blaise insult, but a weak one, given you literally can't get your girlfriend off, but whatever floats your boat, dude. Good to know where Ford's weak spot is, this will be archived for future usage.

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago
Point being if I don't know anything then you know a negligible amount by comparison.

Archiving for future use is worthless because it was by chance that it worked this once. I generally don't reply to a post clearly trying to start something with me (unless it's comedic) and I'm not sure why I replied this time but it's very unlikely to happen again.

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago

In the real world, we don't decide that someone should be listened to by whether one of his critics knows less on the subjects. That's not how anything works.

But nah, given I've been told the military brat thing struck a chord with you and you've got bitchy and upset to the opint you're now not even denying it happened, but just telling me it won't happen again, I'll keep that in place.

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago
You didn't know what a button down shirt was?

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago
he'll probably just die in basic and choose to be a shrimp boat captain

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago

Digit in the Navy now

5 years ago

Great advice, too bad I will never be able to use it.