Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

another newb another day

5 years ago

Hi, I found this site two years ago but have been too lazy to start getting involved in writing and discussion until now. 

I am a Scottish 15 year old who is planning to write video games or if worst comes to worst then code them (shivers) i hope to make some good story games while I am on this site that's all thanks for reading.

another newb another day

5 years ago

Welcome. Hope  you enjoy it here. If you want to make video games,  would you like to write a storygame for this site?

another newb another day

5 years ago

that is my hope but first, I will write short stories and take whatever advice i am given and use it wisely 

another newb another day

5 years ago
Advice: Use capitalization and punctuation when posting. It's a writing site so everyone pays more attention to that kind of thing than on other forums you may be used to. It's harder to take you seriously when consistently freestyle, at best they'll just think you're lazy.

I've never once gone 'oh cool it's the next E.E. Cummings ', I tend to just mentally hear those kind of lowercase posts as something from a mumbly little kid

another newb another day

5 years ago

Apologies, I will keep this in mind 

another newb another day

5 years ago
Uh, welcome?

another newb another day

5 years ago

thanks

another newb another day

5 years ago

Welcome, sir. What type of video games do you plan to write?

another newb another day

5 years ago

the easiest kind? in all serious, I am planning to be a part of RPGs or CRPGs.

another newb another day

5 years ago

Writing videogames, hm? Did you mean to say "storygames", or are actually planning to write the story that would be contained in a videogame?

another newb another day

5 years ago

I meant actual video games my intended role is video game designer but I can't seem to edit the OP to make it clear.

I am also hoping to write some storygames once I can get the hang of using the correct grammar and punctuation

another newb another day

5 years ago

Ah, I see. Good luck in your endeavors, friend.

another newb another day

5 years ago

It helps to have a St. Martin's handbook to consult over issues of grammar and punctuation. Of course, a lot of people these days don't bother with books (What Blank Rage on the Max Headroom TV show referred to as a non-binary information storage unit), you can also find online sites to help with that. I think there are some articles on this site to help with mechanics. It also helps to get someone on this site to be a Beta Reader to proof your work...something I should have done with my own storygame!

another newb another day

5 years ago
Funny, you don't sound Scottish.

Let's hear your best "She can't take anymore Captain!" just to be sure.

another newb another day

5 years ago

we are not all ginger kilt wearing Highlanders who watch Braveheart. Ye wank stain 

another newb another day

5 years ago
Ya see, now that just sounds plain Irish. Tsk tsk...

another newb another day

5 years ago
Seriously though, if you want to design video games, then ditch the coding and go to business school. Geeks get to code games, not make decisions about development - that's the CEO's job.