Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Kill Aman's Mustache Hint Parade!

5 years ago
"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 96 ratings since 05/12/2013
played 7,964 times (finished 73)

HOLY SNIKIES BATMAN! Only 1 in 100 ever get past the Fake Link haha!

With Kill Aman's Mustache being only 4 Ratings away from finally getting an Official Ranking (and being the most challenging game on the site), I thought I'd go ahead and drop a few critical hints on how to get through and actually finish it. ^v^

So, first off - given that most people never even get to the game proper, we'll start right out with the most important clue (already spoiled above) - Being...

1. You have to find and click on the Fake Link in the opening scene. Just click Every Link and you can't miss it.

2. Search Every Room except the one that leads to Nirvana.

3. You cannot get a good ending without opening the Vault in the Gallery. Like everything else in the game, it is opened by using a Specific Item in that location.

4. Highlighting the text in one room helps later on, but is not critical to the game's success.

5. Remember Rule #1? Yeah, we totally did it twice. XD

Good Luck!

Also, my apologies for all the inside jokes. They were a laugh riot back in the day, but you sort of had to be there.

Still, they don't really effect the play-ability of the game itself - it being your run of the mill Find Item/Use Item Puzzle game after all (give or take a certain level of weirdness). ^v^

5 years ago
Thanks Berka!

5 years ago

Thanks for the rec, now that I have the hints I definitely have to go and play it lol.

Don't worry about the jokes; if I don't understand them I'll just assume they were funny, laugh politely and move on.

5 years ago
Well... So far this was good for 1 extra rating haha!

5 years ago
Give people 100 points if they rate it. (Oh, and me 100 for suggesting it.)

5 years ago
Havent't gotten around to playing through it yet since I've been working on my contest entry, but it's still near the top of my to-do list.

5 years ago
You made it to 100! Congrats! Hooray!

5 years ago
Thanks! And it only took five years LOL! XD

#1 for 2013 though!

5 years ago

Don't worry about the jokes.