Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

if you remember sethaniel, that's unfortunate. if you don't, he was a smug weeb who allowed Pedo Mod Kiel, another reviled figure in our history, to diddle kids because it was just like in his animus. 

so anyway, he posted a kickstarter for some anime game like, forever ago. and everyone who donated has yet to see any kind of return on their investment lol. 

so remember, kids, no matter how "mature you are for your edge", your thirty year old boyfriend doesn't love you; and don't donate to his Kickstarter. 

read these comments, they're gold. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2019351249/fallen-angels-0/comments

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
Wow. Edgy title. "check". Anime-based. "check". Jesus, even the Power-Point splash art looks like something a pedophile would use to lure kids to. Sure he's no Kiel, but I can't say he doesn't know how to screw children.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

if kiel is like, the dark wizard of having sex with children, sethaniel is his sycophantic apprentice who carries his scrolls refills his inkwell with human blood 

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

Seth is to Kiel as Grima Wormtongue is to Saruman.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

"Sure he's no Kiel, but I can't say he doesn't know how to screw children."

Lol.

Before all this happened, Con Mod Seth at one time implied he was going to make something on CoG which probably would have been easier, but I suppose then he wouldn't have been able to rip off kids as quick and keep all the profits.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

He even made a DLC just for you https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/20215#709763

this is so sad can we hit $3500?

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

Odd. I never even saw that tag before from that thread.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
He may have edited it in.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
Lol I didn't even notice this thread. Yeah we were all poking around in the Kickstarter page and the increasingly worried / annoyed comments are great. One of them even came here to check when he'd last logged in. But really is it possible to pity anyone who would look at a handful of anime pencil sketches and read a blurb about edgy serial killer protag and demon girlfriends and be like 'Yes I want to pay $150 to make this happen'.

And for whatever reason Seth has Kiel's storygames linked in his bio page in addition to his own, thus cementing their joined at the hip relationship forever.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

Absolutely devilish! 

Also 250 fun bucks for a halfhearted cameo as some background character? You can buy a better game for less like Insomniac's Spider-man on the PS4! 

Does he think of himself as some esteemed and legendary developer with prices like these? Well I suppose a person probably wouldn't have time to think of thoughts like that when ripping off those that paid for their project or whatever.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

I've never liked Seth ever since he almost banned me for calling Aman a cunt.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
Aman is a cool guy and not a cunt but here in the reign of the Good Mods we respect your right to call him one.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
playa was banned for less

"Good mods"

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

The banning of Playa988 was tragic. Like the Boston Massacre. 

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

Honestly JJJ should have banned Melissa instead during that incident. She was doing her usual passive aggressive trolling routine while trying to not look like she was trolling and playa called her out for being a pedo.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
I think I threw in some sandwich money on the first day just cause I thought seth was pretty cool and not actually for whatever the kickstarter is for. Never expected anything of it. Not surprised people actually threw away substantial amounts of money at a kickstarter because an insane amount of people constantly throw money in the trash anyways.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

Ya I spent 30 dollars on chips today and only ate like 12% of what I had and left the rest to my cousins because I was bored.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
Are you insane?

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

Maybe but prefer to be called..... Revolutionary.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
I was prepared to donate like $100 just straight to him to go toward his rent or whatever while he recovered but I wanted to do it through Paypal or something because I have a policy on Kickstarter, only it turns out he was too snippy about the Kiel thing still to ever reply when I tagged him!

While I've probably spent that much on stupider things, really glad Seth's pettiness let me dodge that bullet there.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
Plot twist: What if he didn’t finish it because he died during recovery?

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
That was a theory for awhile, but then he logged in to remove the Kickstarter stuff from his profile.

Timeline for those too lazy to click: Surgery was in September and needed a month's recovery. (The $2500 he got surely more than helped with that.)

Last Kickstarter update was in December saying they were on track for January (for what he didn't specify). Then nothing until he logged into his account the following November to remove the Kickstarter link, but forgot the one attached to Snow which is still on the featured games list.

The only ones I know of who probably kept in contact with him when he left would be Kiel and Soundstorm, which... well you know. Soundstorm was here recently to defend a pedo who it turned out didn't even like her all that much but had no time to confirm anything regarding Seth.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

I want to make a joke about that last part just want to ask permission first.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
I remember his timeline was always sketchy. He gave himself about three months to produce a completed game. One month of that was supposed to be his recovery, and the remaining two months he was supposed to be back at work.

I expected it wouldn't be done in time, but I figured he wouldn't just drop off the earth.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago

Oh I had forgotten entirely about this. Wasn't too interested in the story, since I don't really enjoy romance or school focused stuff, but I'm usually open to reading whatever occasionally and would have read through it if it ever got finished. 

In hindsight I probably should have taken Mizal's approach and just planned to paypal some money directly at some point. I contributed a bit towards the Kickstarter due to being empathetic towards his situation, since I was preparing for a similar experience, while also trying to be supportive of him seemingly doing something constructive while recovering. I can respect someone who tries to work through that. I can't respect someone who makes false promises that involve other people's money.

I had a pretty major surgery last fall, with some annoying post-op complications, and unexpected medical bills can add up really quickly even with solid insurance. So I know exactly the kind of financial pressure that can make. My solution was to work a lot of extra hours ahead of time to save additional money, and also setting up some opportunities to have the option to work from home more indefinitely.

Anyway that's one the reasons I haven't been around on this site for quite a while, since there's only so many hours in a day and you can't always do everything you'd like to do depending on life circumstances. It's also why I could feel for Seth's situation at the time.

In general the best way to handle giving money is to never expect anything back and to not give more than you can afford to spare. In that way you don't ever worry about it, and if someone eventually pays you back then it can be a pleasant positive. In the case of a Kickstarter though, you're setting up an obligation to your backers to complete your project no matter how long it takes. Or at the very least give an in-depth look into what you worked on, how much got done, and why you couldn't finish it. While it didn't really impact me, I am disappointed in Seth for all the people who pledged and were expecting something to enjoy out of it.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
Hope things continue to trend up for you, IP.

Grifter Mod Seth

5 years ago
I always wondered what happened to you. Sucks you went through such a rough time but good to hear from you again.