Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Page looping?

5 years ago

Part of my story I'm writing keeps looping back to a page in a different chapter and I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Page looping?

5 years ago
As far as pages go if you're using multiples with the same name it can be easy to select the wrong one by accident. But you have to specifically tell it to jump to another chapter when you're creating a link. Without more detail not sure what to tell you besides double check your link. (The blue clicky bit where the name is listed under Destination in the editor)

Page looping?

5 years ago

I've double checked and remade the link multiple times. I also have double checked the destination as it is the only chapter I have under that name. But it's still looping back to the same page. I even deleted and remade the chapter it wasn't linking to but it's still not cooperating.

Page looping?

5 years ago
Which page is it? I'll take a look.

E: you have a ridiculous number of chapters

Page looping?

5 years ago

Would I have to publish it in order for you to see it?

Page looping?

5 years ago
No. I'm a wizard.

Page looping?

5 years ago

Is it maybe the number of chapters that are messing it up?

Page looping?

5 years ago
Just tell me the name of the page and where it's supposed to go. Not a lot of time to mess with it tonight but I can take a glance and see if it's anything simple.

Page looping?

5 years ago

Under the Sorted Gryffindor chapter, A Girl page is supposed to link to Rayne Matthias chapter but it keeps looping to the I Forgot page

Page looping?

5 years ago
To troubleshoot it try changing it to go to a different destination. If it works, switch it back to the chapter. If that doesn't work, then something is wrong with the chapter.

Page looping?

5 years ago
Yeah I'm gonna say just go with this method. You've got a lot of links that are just Event 1, Event 2 etc so I didn't see right off how to get to the Sorted Gryffindor page through the game itself to test it.

It's also possible refreshing the page or clearing your cache might do the trick, you could be pulling up a cached version. Make sure you didn't have multiple pop ups of the same editor window up too, I've done that before and accidentally saved over my changes with the wrong one.

Page looping?

5 years ago

It’s still in the beginning phases and I’m just mapping it out for the most part, but I think I’ll just consolidate some chapters to see if that helps.

Page looping?

5 years ago

I actually just figured out that it was one of my variable that was messing it up! I needed to reset the variable when the next link was selected!