Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago

I don't know if the new season of Dr Who has started yet in the USA.  We watched the first episode here last night, with Jodie Whittaker as the new incarnation of the Doctor, and the first time the Time Lord's been female. 

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed Jodie Whittaker's performance.  Quirky, as you expect the Doctor to be, but without the arrogance some actors have brought to the role.  Interestingly enough, it seems, based on the previews, that she will be relying on a team of companions to help her along in the upcoming episodes.

I realize there has only been one episode thus far, but what are your thoughts?  Is she a better doctor than Peter Capaldi?  Worse?  Simply different?  Too early to tell?  Don't watch Dr Who and don't care?

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago

Don't watch Dr Who and don't really care, but I'm glad the new doctor is good enough. I saw only a couple episodes with Tennant years ago (one was 'Don't Blink', I don't remember the other) so I can't say much.

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago

To be honest, if it were just me, I wouldn't watch the show, but it's so popular here that I watch it along with my wife and brother-in-law.

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago

Haven't seen her yet, but so far out of the newer doctors the 12th one was my favorite.

More unpopular opinions: Thought the 10th doctor was way overrated. Probably didn't help that he was so linked to Rose and I didn't really like her either.

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago

Personally, I rather liked David Tennant's style.  Of the newer Doctors, it was Matt Smith I was glad to see leave.

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago
Rose Tyler was one of the worst characters in the show, honestly. I don't get why people liked her so much.

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago
I think Capaldi is a great actor, and he did what he could to make the role good. The problem with his seasons has been the writing (and the fact that Clara exists.) I wish I could say I like him as the doctor, but there are so few good episodes with him that it's hard to tell. I haven't seen Whittaker's performance yet, but I'm excited to see what she does with it.

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago

With only one episode aired, it's too early to pass judgment, but I feel she's off to a good start.

The Thirteeth Doctor

5 years ago

I like Jodie Whittaker, and some dorks are upset about this which means I'll probably watch the first season out of spite