Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

A little favour

5 years ago
I'm not too sure if I'm meant to post this here or in the parlor room or somewhere else but I have a little favor to ask. I've published a story called Detective 1: Blacksea Island, it's been up for ten days and only five people have read it and rated it so it still doesn't have an official rating, it's now getting moved down the New Stories list by two new stories and might vanish from it soon without getting an official rating. If anyone has a free hour to spare (I'll admit the story is a 100+ page read) and fancy tackling a whodunnit mystery in the traditional style please check it out and leave a rating or a comment. Usually I wouldn't advertise for readers like this it's just I'm curious to see an overall rating. :) Thanks for your time and I hope everyone is doing well :D

A little favour

5 years ago

I join Will in his call, Detective 1: Blacksea Island is a good mystery game and will take very little of your time to read. It's a shame to see it has only five ratings, and it certainly doesn't deserve to fade from the spotlight while 'How Gender Affects Your Life' keeps getting reviews and ratings for the lulz.

A little favour

5 years ago
Hopefully that one gets deleted once everyone's had their fun with it. Sure, it's entertaining to read the comments, but that game doesn't deserve to stick around.

Also I do need to finish reading your story, Will. I started it last week but had to go to class before I finished it.

A little favour

5 years ago

I'll give it a read once I'm off work. I'd also recommend posting an "advertisement" of a sort in the Parlor Room so word of your new stories get out quicker.

A little favour

5 years ago

I started this one, and thought it looked amazing, just haven't had the time to finish it. It's an awesome story though!

A little favour

5 years ago
It is a good story and written in a style we don't get here often. Everyone in Discord is pretty aware of it, not sure why that hasn't translated to more reviews.

The average site goer of course doesn't bother to check the new storygames list, or parlor room threads. Really, one questions what they do around here at all.

A little favour

5 years ago
This question might make me look like an idiot but... what is Discord? :)

A little favour

5 years ago
It's an online messaging service. It's like Skype but designed for gaming and also not as crappy.

A little favour

5 years ago
It works basically like a forum / chat hybrid and is incredibly addictive and bad for writing right up till you realize everything not in the writing or cute animals channel is garbage white noise that should be muted and ignored. I have a thread for my CYS server in the Lounge.

Most of the recent CC short stories were made by people we locked in a channel with a gay furry and Brad's gay dragon bot for various real and imagined offenses and forced to write 1000 words to earn their freedom.

On mobile it looks like this:

A little favour

5 years ago

And that moment, Will swore to never use Discord.

A little favour

5 years ago
Is that the thing I wandered into for an afternoon? :) I find chat rooms and forums can be very distracting from writing but good for inspiration :D

A little favour

5 years ago
Nah that was the IRC channel we used to have. All the cool kids use Discord now though and making my own server was better than letting hapless noobs accidentally stumble into Ford's.