Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Halloween!

5 years ago

Hiya! I know it’s kind of stupid to ask about Halloween the day after, butI’m interested on what you all did for Halloween! Did you have fun? What was your costume? Did you go to a party, or did you stay home and watch spooky movies?

Halloween!

5 years ago
No.

It IS a day later. It is now November. You may ask about Thanksgiving ONLY now. It's not time for the fat guy with the red suit yet, either. All questions must relate to turkey and/or football to receive a response.

Halloween!

5 years ago
I talked about this some in the Discord (and posted a video) but we did the thing again where my aunt's family spent far, far too much money and time remodeling my cousin's place into a mini haunted house. This time it was a haunted bayou and I was the tour guide taking the kids through to find a pirate treasure which was fantastic of course because we all know how much I love kids.

But I was paid in leftover chocolate coins, and not the shitty kind either, these are Belgium chocolate and they are fantastic.

Halloween!

5 years ago

I went to a white neighborhood to trick or treat while wearing a speaker that was blasting Spooky Scary Skeletons Remix by CG5.

I also told a few little kids that me and my friends were monsters.

I got a whole heckton of candy.

Halloween!

5 years ago

That actually sounds pretty fun. White neighborhoods always overdo it with the decorations lmao. I didn't go out this year, but weren't there a lot of kids in Fortnite costumes?

Halloween!

5 years ago

Surprisingly, no. Maybe cause I went out later at night

Halloween!

5 years ago

Guess we got lucky or something this year.

Halloween!

5 years ago

We don't do Halloween stuff here, but i did watch some trash horror movie called Anaconda with my family before falling asleep halfway through the movie.

Halloween!

5 years ago
Oh my God, I remember that movie. It's hilariously bad.

Halloween!

5 years ago

Jon Voight was a hilarious villain in it.

Halloween!

5 years ago
verbally abused my girlfriend in public until she cried

Halloween!

5 years ago
Were you at least wearing a costume?

Halloween!

5 years ago

Well how else was he going to get off if he didn't?

Halloween!

5 years ago
He was dressed as a nerd. It was an easy costume since he just wore the same thing he wears every day.

Halloween!

5 years ago

The halloween party I'm going to isn't until Friday, so I went to bed as soon as I got home and slept for 14 hours. I didn't even get a costume this year, I just slept through the whole holiday without any celebration.

It was kind of sad to go on instagram/snap the next morning and see that everyone else was partying and having a great time while I slept alone.

Halloween!

5 years ago

If you're Mexican, Halloween basically lasts for 3 days, thanks to Day of Dead stuff.

Halloween!

5 years ago
Try knocking on a stranger's door in a mask on Nov 2nd and tell me how that works out.

Halloween!

5 years ago

I dressed up as the edgy Objectivist vigilante man from Watchmen because there's no costume for my actual favorite Objectivist vigilante man from other comic books. Here's me with my aunt and cousin. Yes, my cousin is wearing a fucking Fortnite costume. Oh, and after I got home I watched the Shining.

Halloween!

5 years ago
Haha, that's a great pic but seriously you should kill your cousin now before the sickness spreads.

Halloween!

5 years ago

Already planning on it.

Halloween!

5 years ago

Cool costume! I didn't even know that Rorschach was created as a substitute for Question before reading your storygame btw. I wasn't even aware that Question existed actually, but he really seems a great character.

Halloween!

5 years ago

The last Halloween costume I purchased was a Wizard outfit.  It clearly said it was a Wizard costume on the package, and it looked like a wizard costume to me.  But when I put it on, everyone said, "Oh, you're a professor!"

This was many years ago, and I haven't worn a Halloween costume since.

Halloween!

5 years ago

Lol, professors may be scarier than wizards to be fair.

Halloween!

5 years ago

Some kids went trick-or-treating to my deaf grandparents and hilarity ensued (my grandpa didn't remember what Halloween was). I wasn't there sadly and I didn't do anything in particular. As in most good Catholic countries, Halloween here is just seen as a spooky commercial alt of Carnevale, so it hasn't reached the popularity it has in the US yet.  

We just have Day of the Saints (yesterday) and Day of the Dead (today) during which you go put some flowers on the graves, say some words for your dead relatives and eat ossa da morto (traditional frosted cookies, literally 'bones of the dead'). We don't have the Pre-Columbian traditions the Mexicans have, so it wasn't much fun before Halloween was imported.

Halloween!

5 years ago
I can't decide if I feel bad for the kids or your grandparents but that's hilarious in a 'cringey situation for all involved' kind of way. Here having the porch light on is the signal for 'Yes we're giving out candy' which leads to some neighborhoods being darker than ever that night because all the boring unfun people shut theirs off when they normally wouldn't. But it's also pretty damn hard to forget it's Halloween with all the marketing and decorations around.

Halloween!

5 years ago
I'll go ahead and link this here I guess. All ripped down the next day, RIP spooky swamp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgcg2l4chv33iuc/MOV_20181031_1825353.mp4?dl=0

If it'd been my place I'd have just lived it in like that all year round.

Halloween!

5 years ago

Omg that's amazing >.>

Halloween!

5 years ago

Went out street drinking, than to a pub, than to a club, then I don't remember. Good times. Didn't have a costume in the end.

Halloween!

5 years ago
The thought of drunk Steve wandering around naked is just terrifying.

Halloween!

5 years ago

2Spooky4Me

Halloween!

5 years ago

I didn't do anything for Halloween this year. Too much work to do. Plus, I'm not the partying type.