Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

BZ's Creatures of The Night Results!

5 years ago
Commended by TharaApples on 1/7/2023 3:13:44 PM
And The Winners Are...

1st Place (we have a tie) with mizal for Agent of Order and Steve24833 for In the Pale Moonlight
2nd Place goes to ultraoverlord for Hunters and the Hunted
3rd Place goes to Fluxion for By the Light of Day
4th Place (another tie) with Ogre11 for The Horror Inside and Crescentstar for The Cat and the Crow

Honorable Mentions Don't Hurt Me Again by WouldntItBeNice and Vapula by LuvLee

Special Thanks to EndMaster and Killa_Robot for help Judging - and to the many creative contributers who participated!

Congrats Winners! ^v^

5 years ago

Congratulations to the winners!  This contest was a lot of fun and it was great to see what everyone came up with!  Looking forward to the next contest (even if you might not be)!

5 years ago

Congrats to Steve, Mizal and all the other contestants!

The number of entries of this contest made it more fun as a spectator, I enjoyed reading all your different takes on the same themes.

5 years ago
Congratulations, Mizal and steve! Never thought I'd see you two tied in the first place. And of course, congratulations to everyone else who published something.

5 years ago
Great job everyone!

5 years ago
Congrats to all and thank you judges for reading through that huge pile o stuff!

5 years ago

2nd? Wow, I did better than I thought. Congrats to all who entered!

5 years ago

Congratulations all!

I had a fun time and will be looking forward to the next contest :)

5 years ago

My picks were

1. Steve

2. Mizal

3. ultraoverlord

4. Fluxion

5. Wibbons

5 years ago
1. Steve
2. Orge11
3. ultraoverlord
4. Mizal
5. Crescentstar

Were mine.

5 years ago

Glad you enjoyed it, cheers.

5 years ago

Luvlee and Wibbons were both candidates for fifth place in my picks. Ultimately Wibbons got the slight edge due to the edgelord factor what with child abuse/murder and all.

5 years ago
This was a fun contest. Wish I would have joined it earlier, but overall I think this one was worth it. Several storygames were worth reading.

Thanks for reading our stuff, and thanks to the people who wrote interesting stuff.

5 years ago
Good news everyone! (yes, read that in Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth's voice): because BZ informed me that I won't lose my sweet red commendation words at the top for unpublishing By the Light of Day, I'll be fixing all the stupid script errors and problems, adding an additional final act, adding more to the second act/two pages at the end, adding a small open world element, using codices in instead of the overly restrictive item system I currently have (because I just read through the Codex Tutorial and see how much more superior that system is), and making battle scenarios more branching.

I'll be leaving it up until most of that work is done, though. Glad I won't have to live with the shame of an incomplete story.

5 years ago

Congrats to everyone who made it! Quite the turnout and good quality overall. Now I'm going to remain dormant for about a year while I try to finish things that I never got to finish...

5 years ago

Me too

5 years ago
Oh yeah, I won this, sort of. Cool.

5 years ago
I haven't done any sci-fi in awhile but this story was pretty smooth to write and I don't have the usual post-contest regrets. I'd say I'd like to do more soon buuuut....I've got those nine WIPS and only two are sci fi and then only sort of.

5 years ago
You really ought to write a follow up, like I said in the comments. I want to know what happens when the protagonist fully realizes the scope of her past. Well, "her" past.

5 years ago
Congratulations :D From what I've read the stories are all really good :D

5 years ago

Thank you for judging, Killa, Berka, and End! Congratulations to Mizal, Steven, Ultra, Flux, Ogre, WIBN, and LuvLee for your winning and honorable entries. Thanks to all the other entries, so this contest had a great turnout. :)

5 years ago
It was nice getting another story from you too, hope you don't vanish on us completely again.

5 years ago

^-^

5 years ago
Steve finally got his mustache. Oh, and Mizal now has enough contest victories and featured storygames to qualify for her personal user trophy in that regard. Huzzah.

Congratulations to everybody who submitted. This's probably the highest percentage of successful turnouts we'll ever see. Plus, there's a crapton of great storygames that came outa this contest. I definitely consider this one of the most "successful" contests we've had (at least in the years I've been around). Oh, Ultraoverlord, I never would've expected you to do so well. Keep of the good work. Also, Flux made a pretty story that also has a great story, Cres came back from the dead, and Ogre did something (probably a *burp).

Oh, and I wrote my highest rated storygame yet. Moral of the story... child abuse is likeable on CYS?

5 years ago

Hang on, does that mean I have enough personal trophies for a trophy?

5 years ago
Technically, no. The rule states, "You must have acquired a number of personal trophies equal to at least three-quarters (rounded down) of the active personal trophies." For "Active" members, there are six listed here. Three-quarters rounded down is four -- and you do have four personal trophies, but NOT four from the list of active members, as 3J isn't listed as active...

5 years ago

Huh, interesting, thanks.

5 years ago
What a bullshit technicality, but hey I like it.

Although if JJJ were available to give a trophy that would mean he was active again anyhow.

5 years ago
Of course, there's other technicalities:

If 3J were considered active, the number of required trophies would actually increase to 5.

Then again, the instructions page has a potential question because it also says, "Active personal trophies are personal trophies belonging to members who have signed on to the website in the past two months. You can see which members qualify as active by browsing to the About Us page in the Help & Info section of the website."

That's two different definitions of an "active" members in two sentences. One could question if a user were on that list, but hadn't logged on in two months if they actually counted (though as of this writing they all have). Of course, all this is based on the ability to actually have new personal trophies...

5 years ago
I'd still need another featuring or win, really don't think we can count the dragon game on this one lol.

5 years ago

Late, but congratulations everyone.  Especially Mizal and Steve for their cool stories.

5 years ago
Haven’t been keeping up with contests lately but a late congratulations to Steve and Mizal- I’ll make sure to read these soon