Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New Writer Reporting For Duty!

5 years ago

So, I just discovered this website and now I have just signed up. So far this looks like a cool place and I can't wait to get some story games written, although generally speaking, I am a total newbie at writing fiction and fan fiction.

I'm interested in many different genres, namely Modern, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, and even some fan-based story games inspired by anime, video games, and tabletop RPG's like Dungeons & Dragons or Vampire: The Masquerade.

5 years ago
Welcome to the site! You seem to have interests in all the appropriate nerd things, but yeah the actual planning-to-finishing story projects process can be a hurdle for many and the way CYOAs are structured can be intimidating until you get used to it.

I always recommend reading a few of the featured stories before diving into your own projects, just to get an idea of the possibilities as well as the quality level readers are looking for. Starting out with a smaller scale story is usually a good idea too, you may be surprised at how quickly a CYOA can get away from you once it starts branching, and trying to tackle some epic without any realistic idea of the amount of work involved is probably the #1 reason for newbies burning out and wandering off.

5 years ago

I will definitely check out some of the other story games on here and I have been thinking of an idea for a story game about sentient toy soldiers, something like Toy Story or Army Men. 

5 years ago
Good luck~