Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Prepost editing

5 years ago

So I’m not a very good writer because well I have one of the blandest imaginations ever cept finding different ways to torture the body and soul into submitting to my will. However, I am pretty good at finding other people’s mistakes and making them better so I was wondering if I could get like a sneak peak at some stuff kind’ve like beta-readeing. I didn’t know if that was a thing you people did or not so I wanted to ask. 

Besides seeing the soul on paper in its purest form and then being able to help make it great is the best feeling ever. Let me know if you guys have anything or if I’m just talking out of my ass. (Sometimes I can’t tell the difference)

Prepost editing

5 years ago

If someone has a story with Allow Sneak Preview enabled, you can access it if 1) they post a link to the story or 2) you just type in chooseyourstory.com/story/XYZ where XYZ is the name of the story with the spaces replaced by hyphens.

Such as http://chooseyourstory.com/story/100-ft-deep.

Prepost editing

5 years ago

Ooh, a free proof reader? Claim, I would like help. I shall call on you in future, or I have 20k words of unfinished fantasy if you’re free today.

Prepost editing

5 years ago

I am free for the most part so get in touch.

Prepost editing

5 years ago

Wait, what do you mean a “free” proof reader?

Prepost editing

5 years ago

You're not going to charge me cash? 

Prepost editing

5 years ago

No... wait, people do that?

Prepost editing

5 years ago

That is what an editor is, yeah.

Prepost editing

5 years ago

Well I guess I’m free then. 

Prepost editing

5 years ago

Send me your work and I’ll get through it as soon as possible. 

Prepost editing

5 years ago

Anyway all I really look for in return is time to do it at my own pace so I don’t miss anything and a little recognition, for better or worse. Hopefully for better.